ADVERTISEMENT

Soooo... how about that corona virus...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll probably get roped into that then too. We live 5 hours from Indy and 5 hours from my town in Michigan. I’ll probably have to do that twice.

I’m just stubborn. We live 35 minute outside of Milwaukee and her best friend lives downtown Milwaukee. My wife will be like “my friend and her boyfriend wanna meet us for breakfast”. If they don’t agree to meet halfway then I tell her I’m not doing it (usually). If they agree to meet us halfway then I’m cool with going all the way to Milwaukee.

Not sure if that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense.

Texans seem to have lost any perception of milage/time/travel.
It is a big state so if you want to get anywhere around here you gotta put some windshield time in. But 300 miles really isn't bad at all for a weekend. It's 4 hours if you don't stop.

Besides, haven't you not left a 15 mile radius from home but maybe twice in 7 years (once to see Bert)? 300 miles to you is like me traveling to Brazil, Lol. Winking

It is a big state so if you want to get anywhere around here you gotta put some windshield time in. But 300 miles really isn't bad at all for a weekend. It's 4 hours if you don't stop.

Besides, haven't you not left a 15 mile radius from home but maybe twice in 7 years (once to see Bert)? 300 miles to you is like me traveling to Brazil, Lol. Winking
I commute almost 100 a day (daily routine), but yeah, I do tend to stay in the neighborhood. I change the oil and rotate the tires every month and a half.

*also Bert lives on the way to my Mom's. He's lucky for that coincidence.

**Also it's 13 years.

I know I'm pathetic, I need to start spending instead of saving.

Hoboken shut down schools for 2 weeks. My job told everyone to work from home, but frankly most of us did at least 2 days a week anyway so not much of a change (best part about my job aside from the pay). It's nutso. But my wife and kid are going to be out of town all next week and I'm just going to play the Switch all day (when I'm not working).

That's some good dark humor.

You in Hudson County? Bergen? FYI I hit up the North Bergen Walmart this morning (everything near Hoboken is stripped bare) and they still had a good supply of frozen foods and the like. Toilet papers and cleaning supplies were low, but luckily I habitually stock up on those regardless.

Yep, Bergen county. I appreciate the info... yeah, Hoboken will be busy. We are pretty well stock up... been just buying a little extra each day for the last few weeks, so I won't have to go back out. You in Hoboken?

BTW, should have known the sensible UK fan was here in NJ. I mean, @JimboBBN USED to be the sensible UK fan around here, but now he is just too drunk to be that.

I commute almost 100 a day (daily routine), but yeah, I do tend to stay in the neighborhood. I change the oil and rotate the tires every month and a half.
Damn. Ever thought about moving closer to work? That has to wear down on you because you're probably going straight through traffic every day, right?

That's a hell of a tax deduction though. When I used to live in DFW and drive to West Texas for work I would average like 35,000+ miles a year. At 58 cents a mile write off that came in huge.

Damn. Ever thought about moving closer to work? That has to wear down on you because you're probably going straight through traffic every day, right?

That's a hell of a tax deduction though. When I used to live in DFW and drive to West Texas for work I would average like 35,000+ miles a year. At 58 cents a mile write off that came in huge.
My job isn't far, the shop is 50 miles one way. I also have other stuff going on daily i've never brought up here. I drive right at 100 miles a day. That's why I drive a '14 kia forte. F'r gets 38 mpg, and is basically a disposable car. The other cars from my other post is a '04 grand am, (214kmiles) and '10 Chevy Cobalt (225k miles). I'm trying to sell them for scrap prices so don't have to a)haul them to the junkyard, b) let someone else, who's not about to move, part them out, get them running, make money off them. I got exactly what I wanted out of them.

*I hadn't thought about the 50 miles to the shop as some write off.

** @schoonerwest you should come and visit. We'll meet up at my place, drive to Knoxville and do some dirt car racing.

Last edited:
My job isn't far, the shop is 50 miles one way. I also have other stuff going on daily i've never brought up here. I drive right at 100 miles a day. That's why I drive a '14 kia forte. F'r gets 38 mpg, and is basically a disposable car. The other cars from my other post is a '04 grand am, (214kmiles) and '10 Chevy Cobalt (225k miles). I'm trying to sell them for scrap prices so don't have to a)haul them to the junkyard, b) let someone else, who's not about to move, part them out, get them running, make money off them. I got exactly what I wanted out of them.

*I hadn't thought about the 50 miles to the shop as some write off.

** @schoonerwest you should come and visit. We'll meet up at my place, drive to Knoxville and do some dirt car racing.
It'll be a few years before I do anything like that and Knoxville will be about 74th on the list of wild weekends I want to get out and experience. Probably much lower than that even. Lol

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It'll be a few years before I do anything like that and Knoxville will be about 74th on the list of wild weekends I want to get out and experience. Probably much lower than that even. Lol
It's about 74th on the places I want to live.

I'm working so much, I can tell my wife, f*ck your license, **** my license, I'm done and going home.

I'm tired, I'm tired of living like a poor, I'm tired of working 60 hrs plus, tired of the grind of selling, tired of my routine, I'm f'n tired and I'm only 44.

Last edited:
We were just advised that grocery stores "could" be bare in the next 2 weeks here. So we should be prepared. People have been panic buying here for a few days not, but nothing major yet.

We were just advised that grocery stores "could" be bare in the next 2 weeks here. So we should be prepared. People have been panic buying here for a few days not, but nothing major yet.
i guess I should give in and buy of bunch of beans and rice, and tp and water. don't tell anyone, don't want them to run out first and break down my door for shit paper.

I'm working so much, I can tell my wife, f*ck your license, **** my license, I'm done and going home.
I don't think it'll be bad at all. I think most people would pick Knoxville over Memphis all day everyday. Tons of nightlife, plenty of opportunity and WAY LESS crime. It should be an upgrade and won't you be a lot closer to where you grew up? My wife has cousins who live there. They like it a lot.

I don't think it'll be bad at all. I think most people would pick Knoxville over Memphis all day everyday. Tons of nightlife, plenty of opportunity and WAY LESS crime. It should be an upgrade and won't you be a lot closer to where you grew up? My wife has cousins who live there. They like it a lot.
yeah, it knocks half the commute off visiting the closest of relatives. Will definitely be less crime and shear f'n hatred everyone has for each other, that I've become accustomed to.

My wife and I biggest draw is all the nature and hills. Something about being a hillbilly is appealing. I love them. Love just seeing them. Nothing worse than driving to the shop where there's a 7 mile flat straight stretch of Hwy. I know that's nothing in Texas, but that sucks dick for me.

yeah, it knocks half the commute off visiting the closest of relatives. Will definitely be less crime and shear f'n hatred everyone has for each other, that I've become accustomed to.

My wife and I biggest draw is all the nature and hills. Something about being a hillbilly is appealing. I love them. Love just seeing them. Nothing worse than driving to the shop where there's a 7 mile flat straight stretch of Hwy. I know that's nothing in Texas, but that sucks dick for me.
Plus @Random UK Fan plans to come down monthly to give you handjobs.

That's pretty awesome, IYAM.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
i guess I should give in and buy of bunch of beans and rice, and tp and water. don't tell anyone, don't want them to run out first and break down my door for shit paper.

Other than TP, canned beef and chicken are the hot items here. We always keep a little supply. Kinda like Thedude said, just buy a little extra each trip. Here, you never know when you could be snowed in, flooded in, etc..

Other than TP, canned beef and chicken are the hot items here. We always keep a little supply. Kinda like Thedude said, just buy a little extra each trip. Here, you never know when you could be snowed in, flooded in, etc..
Where is your "here"?

Poland is closing its borders and suspending all travel into the country for a 10 day period. They will then quarantine those coming in still for another 14 days. It's literally exactly like the pandemic games I used to play.

Poland is closing its borders and suspending all travel into the country for a 10 day period. They will then quarantine those coming in still for another 14 days. It's literally exactly like the pandemic games I used to play.

We just played Pandemic last night and got rocked by outbreaks in China and the Middle East.

No shit, but wife and I are off right now, She's reading facebook post about women selling breast milk.

If there is a meltdown of sorts, would semen be a commodity?

Yep, Bergen county. I appreciate the info... yeah, Hoboken will be busy. We are pretty well stock up... been just buying a little extra each day for the last few weeks, so I won't have to go back out. You in Hoboken?

BTW, should have known the sensible UK fan was here in NJ. I mean, @JimboBBN USED to be the sensible UK fan around here, but now he is just too drunk to be that.

Haha. Weehawken, but near enough to Hoboken that it's our main go to for dining and going out. I miss living there, but I don't miss the constant water main breaks. And I have a house (with a large outdoor space and privacy) that I could never afford in Hoboken, so that's nice.

If we all survive the apocalypse, we should have a NYC hang out one day. Hoping to get a grill and outdoor sink installed later this year.

Haha. Weehawken, but near enough to Hoboken that it's our main go to for dining and going out. I miss living there, but I don't miss the constant water main breaks. And I have a house (with a large outdoor space and privacy) that I could never afford in Hoboken, so that's nice.

If we all survive the apocalypse, we should have a NYC hang out one day. Hoping to get a grill and outdoor sink installed later this year.
I'd take time off, spend a few bucks, for a national meet up.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

I'm tired, I'm tired of living like a poor, I'm tired of working 60 hrs plus, tired of the grind of selling, tired of my routine, I'm f'n tired and I'm only 44.

Hell yeah. I'm 44 as well. Living my best life right now tbh. I'm not sure there is much at all I would change about things outside of the world being swallowed up by the corona vortex.

I went to the grocery store this morning because that is what I do on Fridays. It was handsoap, TP, and bacon at my Kroger. I mean, I like bacon but thought that was a little weird.

We have a deep freeze with all kinds of deer meat and random crap for the air fryer. That isn't for any sort of doomsday scenario though.

I'm curious to see how people behave after all this. Still be a shithead and cause wars, or dedicate yourself to world peace.

They should give them corona and test cures on them
metalocalypse_cc_303_pt2-03.jpg

Some of the prices on all inclusive vacations on cheapcaribbean are crazy cheap. 3 night quick trips for 345/person (3.5 hr flight)

remember when that loser from Memphis said, TP and water down here are fine.....Wife just got back from local walmart, even the sparkling water is gone.We buy carbonated water. TP, water, Bleach, beans, soap, is all gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT