ADVERTISEMENT

Soooo... how about that corona virus...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. Not Disneyland. What's the point of working anymore?
It's a pretty huge deal, man. I don't know for how long though.

My buddy is going to Disneyworld tomorrow with his family for spring break. He has that $400 an hour VIP tour set up for the Magic Kingdom as well as something similar at Epcot and Universal. Man, I think he's ****ed. Lol

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It's a pretty huge deal, man. I don't know for how long though.

My buddy is going to Disneyworld tomorrow with his family for spring break. He has that $400 an hour VIP tour set up for the Magic Kingdom as well as something similar at Epcot and Universal. Man, I think he's ****ed. Lol
I was just being silly. I wonder if factories are next to close?

I was just being silly. I wonder if factories are next to close?
I hope not. If we got to that point I feel like we're looking at martial law.

Factories, grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. would be the last things to close, IMO. Those are things that people need to survive and what our economy is largely built on. Most other professions can be done remotely.

Maybe in the end this will change our tune on the 9-5 office job. No doubt that probably 90% of us who do those jobs have no need to be in an office all day everyday.

I hope not. If we got to that point I feel like we're looking at martial law.

Factories, grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. would be the last things to close, IMO. Those are things that people need to survive and what our economy is largely built on. Most other professions can be done remotely.

Maybe in the end this will change our tune on the 9-5 office job. No doubt that probably 90% of us who do those jobs have no need to be in an office all day everyday.
I think this has changed me and I'm not got the sickness. I'm aware about how unequipped we are to take on something like this. If this virus was an army of men, boom. solved.

Just super bummed about these tournaments. The Masters is probably next. What’s after that, Derby? Louisville’s economy will take a big hit if that ends up happening.

Who knows, but there's also a pretty big event scheduled in Tokyo this summer. They could probably postpone that effectively if they have to though.

I quit years ago but I loved to smoke. But yeah, you don't see it a whole lot anymore.
I grew up with a family full of smokers, the only ones who quit are coincidentally the only ones still alive. Not sure how that worked out.

My remaining brother and mom are former smokers, but they partake time to time. I don't say anything.

Probably so. I just don't notice it much anymore. Seems like years ago a whole lot more people did.
It’s common at a bar or get togethers with friends. Not many people smoke all day anymore though. I still smoke a camel or cigarillo when I’m drinking. I couldn’t imagine not doing that.

Hey, y'all! I just skipped from page 5 to page 16. Is this serious yet? Or just a left-wing conspuracy? Asking for a friend.

I'm looking to make a fortune selling "Who's the snowflake now?" t-shirts to all the college kids trolling boomer funerals.
Nooooo
Its Trumps fault according to the drunk speaker of the house

Shit here in northern NJ is serious. Many New York City businesses are shuttering. My entire county has cancelled schools “indefinitely.” Everyone I know has been told to stay home from work. Stopped by the store late last night on the way home, and the meat and veggies were all gone. Might be a few weeks before people start leaving their houses. In this case a little panic might end up being HELPFUL, as it might help slow down the spread and let people see if they have it or not.

I bet there are folks here where not much has changed where they live. It’s crazy, how different it can be for different people in different places.

I did however go to my first dispensary and smoke some killer bud.

w1w5Aq.gif

Hey, y'all! I just skipped from page 5 to page 16. Is this serious yet? Or just a left-wing conspuracy? Asking for a friend.

I'm looking to make a fortune selling "Who's the snowflake now?" t-shirts to all the college kids trolling boomer funerals.

He's ALIVE!

giphy.gif

We're gonna have to decide whether not we go through with a baby shower in Fort Worth this weekend. It's being thrown for us, it will be all family and there is supposed to be about 40 people there. Women do the shower, men play cards is the setup. Several people of retirement age will be there. We will be traveling for it. My mother, sister and niece are traveling for it. My in laws will be traveling as well. Everybody else is local to Dallas-Fort Worth. We found out last night that 2 of the people supposed to be there just got back from a cruise. Obviously they are being asked to stay home but the rest should be there.

I'm kind of torn. I love a good time with the family and I booked reservations for 10 tomorrow night at a nice restaurant so I was excited about that as well. Then again it's 10 hours of windshield time for us and the people at the highest risk for catching the virus will all be traveling from 200+ mile distances. I'm leaning towards staying home but it's not going to be my decision. Part of me thinks it's such a low risk anybody there has it that we're being paranoid but then the prepper side of me (that I just found out existed 6 weeks ago) says that the chances that somebody there is a carrier is extremely high and we should prevent anybody we love from coming in contact with them. I don't know what we'll do.

We're gonna have to decide whether not we go through with a baby shower in Fort Worth this weekend. It's being thrown for us, it will be all family and there is supposed to be about 40 people there. Women do the shower, men play cards is the setup. Several people of retirement age will be there. We will be traveling for it. My mother, sister and niece are traveling for it. My in laws will be traveling as well. Everybody else is local to Dallas-Fort Worth. We found out last night that 2 of the people supposed to be there just got back from a cruise. Obviously they are being asked to stay home but the rest should be there.

I'm kind of torn. I love a good time with the family and I booked reservations for 10 tomorrow night at a nice restaurant so I was excited about that as well. Then again it's 10 hours of windshield time for us and the people at the highest risk for catching the virus will all be traveling from 200+ mile distances. I'm leaning towards staying home but it's not going to be my decision. Part of me thinks it's such a low risk anybody there has it that we're being paranoid but then the prepper side of me (that I just found out existed 6 weeks ago) says that the chances that somebody there is a carrier is extremely high and we should prevent anybody we love from coming in contact with them. I don't know what we'll do.
Just have the baby shower.

famous last words

Wow, it is getting serious in NJ. In the last thirty minutes we've gotten word of half a dozen school districts closing, including my hometown. Peoples phones are ringing with closings and cancellations of stuff. I expect the state to be largely done with public education and the like within a day or two for at least two weeks.

Hoboken shut down schools for 2 weeks. My job told everyone to work from home, but frankly most of us did at least 2 days a week anyway so not much of a change (best part about my job aside from the pay). It's nutso. But my wife and kid are going to be out of town all next week and I'm just going to play the Switch all day (when I'm not working).

That's some good dark humor.

Shit here in northern NJ is serious. Many New York City businesses are shuttering. My entire county has cancelled schools “indefinitely.” Everyone I know has been told to stay home from work. Stopped by the store late last night on the way home, and the meat and veggies were all gone. Might be a few weeks before people start leaving their houses. In this case a little panic might end up being HELPFUL, as it might help slow down the spread and let people see if they have it or not.

I bet there are folks here where not much has changed where they live. It’s crazy, how different it can be for different people in different places.

You in Hudson County? Bergen? FYI I hit up the North Bergen Walmart this morning (everything near Hoboken is stripped bare) and they still had a good supply of frozen foods and the like. Toilet papers and cleaning supplies were low, but luckily I habitually stock up on those regardless.

Don’t be a hypocrite. Cancel.

You guys are going to start a chain reaction here, I'm going to feel the need to stock up which others around will see me, and they'll stock up, and boom. Full f'n panic mode.

Outside of the NCAA games being cancelled. My daily life is exactly the same it was a month/year ago...and I'm in a metropolitan area.

I shook hands with almost 20 ppl yesterday alone. I counted. and stopped counting at 15. If anything we swapped traces of semen and feces. j/k i wash after doing both. Can't vouch for all of them.

I'll cancel but only because it's a shower and I would be doing the 10 hours of driving.
10 hrs of driving and a baby shower. I'd look for the first reason to cancel as well.

yeah, I'm on board, no need to have that and put all those wonderful ppl at risk. Winking

No way. I enjoy hanging around everybody. I love getting out and having fun with family.
We all do, btw, my wife keeps my testicles in her bathroom medicine cabinet. Where does your wife keep yours?

Just playing up the stereotypical shit. My wife's family cooks a huge meal, shoot some skeet with our shotgun, then takes a nap. They also have a dirt track where we can race old 70's cars on a closed track. They're alright. It's not for everyone, but it's fun.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F5c3ee8d3-755e-3a6e-980d-fce111e9fd39.jpg

*I thought I was country, until i married into her family. They're full blown country. Work hard nd play hard.

hail to his wife - "**** no, i'm going down to the mancave and I'm watching highlights from 1997 Michigan. **** those people"

If people wanna throw us a baby shower, sweet, do it where I live or within a reasonable distance of where I live. If you wanna throw one 10 hours from where I live then thanks for the thought but no thanks.

It’s not the agreeing to a baby shower that was stupid, it’s agreeing to travel 10 hours for a baby shower.

If people wanna throw us a baby shower, sweet, do it where I live or within a reasonable distance of where I live. If you wanna throw one 10 hours from where I live then thanks for the thought but no thanks.
Eh, it's only 300 miles away. It's 10 hours round trip. Plus 90% of our family lives around the DFW area and we already travel there 3-4 times a year anyways. It's not much of a burden. I get what you're saying though.

Eh, it's only 300 miles away. It's 10 hours round trip. Plus 90% of our family lives around the DFW area and we already travel there 3-4 times a year anyways. It's not much of a burden. I get what you're saying though.

I’ll probably get roped into that then too. We live 5 hours from Indy and 5 hours from my town in Michigan. I’ll probably have to do that twice.

I’m just stubborn. We live 35 minute outside of Milwaukee and her best friend lives downtown Milwaukee. My wife will be like “my friend and her boyfriend wanna meet us for breakfast”. If they don’t agree to meet halfway then I tell her I’m not doing it (usually). If they agree to meet us halfway then I’m cool with going all the way to Milwaukee.

Not sure if that makes sense.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT