ADVERTISEMENT

Soooo... how about that corona virus...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No logic with this either. Two of those teams you listed won't even be 2 seeds.
I thought we all agreed that they should invite the best teams? Take out Louisville, add Florida State then. If you expand to 16 you really water the field down.

Kentucky is not very good.

I think there needs to be an official statement from our CDC that covers every aspect of the virus that the general pop can understand. How is it different from the regular flu, why is it such a big deal if its just the flu (they need to explain the danger of a large number of people getting it at one time, the risk/ratio of someone getting the virus, beating it, and then being re-exposed b/c somebody has it. Does being around it constantly affect your ability to get it after you've had it? Is it much more serious if you get it again?
It wouldn't hurt if there was something with all of this information on their website but most of this information is out there. Atleast for what we know of. It seems to keep changing though so maybe that's why they aren't going public with any statements other than updates on what we already know.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...d-cancel-march-madness/ar-BB110TcX?li=BBnb7Kz

So let me get this straight.....It looks like the perfect storm for grown males to say they might have the flu to go sit at home and watch march madness will no blowback from the boss-----and now they might not even play!!!!
Yeah, I read that one earlier. Screw them for suggesting that. I am completely fine with them playing in front of nobody but cancelling it all together would be dump at this point. The risk/reward seems way in favor of playing it still and getting all of that advertising money. We're talking billions of dollars at stake because you don't want maybe 1500 people TOTAL traveling over the course of a few days. Then with each round the numbers of travelers gets smaller and smaller.

I thought we all agreed that they should invite the best teams? Take out Louisville, add Florida State then. If you expand to 16 you really water the field down.

Kentucky is not very good.
You are all over the place. I guess it is March, so Ku fans naturally act crazy.

We can do 8 to include some mid majors (Kansas, Gonzaga, Dayton) and also include the best teams.

You are all over the place. I guess it is March, so Ku fans naturally act crazy.

We can do 8 to include some mid majors (Kansas, Gonzaga, Dayton) and also include the best teams.
Calling Kansas a mid major but implying Baylor is not is dumber than anything I've ever said on this board and I average 17 really dumb posts per day.

Calling Kansas a mid major but implying Baylor is not is dumber than anything I've ever said on this board and I average 17 really dumb posts per day.
Fine, Baylor can be a mid major too. Whatever helps you KU guys sleep at night. I mean, there are mid majors with more titles than KU. Just trying to be fair here.

No mid majors. So only Baylor makes sense of your 4

Damn...you guys are shameless in seeking advantages.

Need every 5 star recruit, every call, every no-call, the perfect tourney draw and region, and now you want to disqualify teams that are better than yours. Tsk.

I've got his NCAA tournament thing settled. Invite the P5 Conference champs(reg season or tournament champs; conference decides) then the best 5 mid majors.

Final four and championship game is a best of 3. This is totally fair and could even exclude my team.

This is getting to be absurd.

I don't know... 10 percent of students from abroad, 75 percent from out of state, roughly 25% Asian... and all of the students coming back from spring break...? It might be nothing, but you also don't want to be the school that ends up being the center of an outbreak, you know?

I'd have to assume that Duke has some pretty capable medical minds to consult with...

I don't know... 10 percent of students from abroad, 75 percent from out of state, roughly 25% Asian... and all of the students coming back from spring break...? It might be nothing, but you also don't want to be the school that ends up being the center of an outbreak, you know?

I'd have to assume that Duke has some pretty capable medical minds to consult with...
...and decided they aren't smart enough to figure out a safe way to hold classes like everyone else.

...at a much smaller University.

What student in their right mind would go home on vacation to a highly infected area......moreso what parent would allow them to come back into danger? As a student I would be all in for cancelled classes....until I get the bill for my student loans

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The one NCAAT,who doesn't have a clear frontrunner, is going to end up being cancelled. It's 2013 all over with it being a down year and no winner.

If you cancel school then suddenly hundreds or thousands of kids in those districts need somebody at home to take care of them. [/
Peeping_Pedo_Bear__69181.1526359240.jpg

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What student in their right mind would go home on vacation to a highly infected area......moreso what parent would allow them to come back into danger? As a student I would be all in for cancelled classes....until I get the bill for my student loans

Spring break at Duke began March 6. If you finished up early, maybe March 3 or something. I think it would be pretty easy for someone to think "Eh, it's not that big a deal" at that point, or even "Man, I already paid for my plane ticket, I'm sure it will be fine," enough so that someone might have gone home? And I think the desire to be with family might overwhelm the idea of being infected, especially if you think this is just a media thing or whathaveyou.

Quarantine of corona victims cancelled due to coronavirus. Will resume work in local office.

Reactions: SNU0821

Ah, the spring break issue. Got it. That actually makes sense considering the amount of travel kids do now. The rest of this stuff doesn't, to me. Like shutting off the different tournaments from fans. I think all that is overblown and the hysteria from the media is just making it worse.

The Covid Ncaa panel strongly hinted they feel its safe enough to play the games with essential personal, but looks like we will have zero fans attending------looks like its very close to being decided as fact.

Edit: Officially no fans

Reactions: SNU0821
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT