ADVERTISEMENT

So is Zion Williamson some freak of nature that I don’t know too much about?

Should have gone the football route and been a DE or TE. His body will give out in basketball.

Reactions: BANGBRO
Can only touch/tackle the QB between his nipples and belly button, and only with your non-dominant hand.... and he has to be looking you in the eye.
You only had to breath on Manning and he would go down like a ton of bricks (should have used bj/whore ref here)

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
It translates to a lot of let down fans and management
So you don't think he is worth the top 5 draft projection? He is an insane athlete though. I think he is worth it if he shows he can play SF as well. If he is just a PF I agree with you that he isn't worthy of being top 5.

^ I don't think he can play SF in the NBA. If he can, then he can carve out a nice career there. But from (the admittedly limited) stuff I've seen he's largely reliant on his athleticism. He'll fit as a PF on the right team, but it's a big drop off from top 5 if that's his role.

So you don't think he is worth the top 5 draft projection? He is an insane athlete though. I think he is worth it if he shows he can play SF as well. If he is just a PF I agree with you that he isn't worthy of being top 5.

i think a lot depends on if he develops a jumpshot this year and proves that he is more than just a dunking highlight reel

Will never understand why a player who could be so cool would choose Duke. It's like owning a Ferrari and painting it pink.

A kid with this much athleticism will find his spot somewhere. He’s the type of person that’s going to put in the work and give 110% every game. He’s a take regardless.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Larry Johnson: 6'7, 250 lbs
Charles Barkley: 6'6, 252 lbs
Zion Williamson: 6'7, 271 lbs

I think he will be fine, assuming he is a good ball player, which certainly seems to be the case.

I don't see why people are so hyped about this. I thought Little's dunk last week was just as impressive but not a huge deal. Kids can do all sorts of crazy stuff these days. Dude is fun to watch put it down though.

Reactions: shun1
He will likely dominate in college which is what I would care about if I were a duke fan. I just don’t know how a Charles Barkley type would do today. I mean if he shows he can shoot a little, bring the ball up and initiate an offense a team could take him as a draymond type but that’s to be seen. I think he is #1 in that scenario

Not sure how any NBA team could use a lottery pick on him. Lots of similarities to Anthony Bennett, maybe a little smaller. He’ll be good in college though, although I don’t think he’s a lock to be great as a frosh (and he won’t be here as a soph)

Reactions: Uihawks111
Akoy Agau will end any thoughts that Zion might have of being a one and done.

I had to look this person up. I am not sure a guy who averages 5 and 4 and who weighs like fifty pounds less is the guy I’d be hanging my hat on to stop a guy from being one and done. But that’s just me;)

Zion's gonna throw down some nasty, posterizing dunks this year and make everyone say, "#Me too."

Reactions: tw3301
A kid with this much athleticism will find his spot somewhere. He’s the type of person that’s going to put in the work and give 110% every game. He’s a take regardless.
Hamidou Diallo is as athletic as anyone, just sucks ass as a basketball player. I doubt he retains a roster spot anywhere very long, if at all.

Larry Johnson: 6'7, 250 lbs
Charles Barkley: 6'6, 252 lbs
Zion Williamson: 6'7, 271 lbs

I think he will be fine, assuming he is a good ball player, which certainly seems to be the case.

LJ was close to 6’5 and Barkley in some reports was 6’4.

^ eh, Diallo got a 4 year contract (4th year is a team option) for more than the minimum. The Thunder love long athletes that can't shoot.

He will likely dominate in college which is what I would care about if I were a duke fan. I just don’t know how a Charles Barkley type would do today. I mean if he shows he can shoot a little, bring the ball up and initiate an offense a team could take him as a draymond type but that’s to be seen. I think he is #1 in that scenario
That's where I think he would excel. get on a perimeter oriented NBA team and let him be an undersized 5. That being said I could care less about what he does in the NBA as long as he plays well his 1 year at Duke.

LJ was close to 6’5 and Barkley in some reports was 6’4.

Just going by their measurements online. Whatever they are, my guess is LJ and Chuck are similar in size and weight to Zion. Doesn't mean that he will be as good as them, obviously, but in terms of physical stuff...

Reactions: Mac9192
Just going by their measurements online. Whatever they are, my guess is LJ and Chuck are similar in size and weight to Zion. Doesn't mean that he will be as good as them, obviously, but in terms of physical stuff...

I agree. I'm not gonna judge him because we haven't seen him in a college game. I hope he does big things at the next level because the kid is talented but I'm wondering if he's quick enough defensively to guard a 3 or a stretch 4.

Zion will posterize PJ Washington in T minus 83 days. SmokinSmile

ADVERTISEMENT