ADVERTISEMENT

So is Zion Williamson some freak of nature that I don’t know too much about?

Zion was as good as I told people. Duke looks like they will have the issues I said they would (defense, shooting, huge drop off after the top guys). Was missing two starters but neither change those issues. Gonna take lumps early as the freshmen get used to college basketball.

Was shocked by the lack of conditioning though, usually Duke players are in much better condition by this time from last trips, hat might have a lot to do with the drop off of talent after the top guys so the top guys aren’t good eating must competition in practice.

RJ is going to need to play more in the system and pass more because he was a complete black hole today and didn’t even attempt to get others involved (took 30 shots). Bolden looks like he did last year and it wouldn’t shock me if he came off then bench behind JD (he looked good, knows his role).

Jack White has earned some time with his shot but I hope he doesn’t have to guard a athletic wing. There is going to be a lot of pressure on Trae because the back up pg is more like a third string pg.

I don’t know what Duke schedule looks like but starting out with low majors then mid then majors would be good for the freshmen. Face up Zion is very scary Zion, he’s easier to guard off post ups due to lack of height but he will spend 90% of the time facing up because no big can guard him off the dribble imo and against zone he can take advantage with his ball handling and passing.

Zion was as good as I told people. Duke looks like they will have the issues I said they would (defense, shooting, huge drop off after the top guys). Was missing two starters but neither change those issues. Gonna take lumps early as the freshmen get used to college basketball.

Was shocked by the lack of conditioning though, usually Duke players are in much better condition by this time from last trips, hat might have a lot to do with the drop off of talent after the top guys so the top guys aren’t good eating must competition in practice.
Well, they were missing their best 3pt shooter also along with the 2 starters.

Conditioning should be behind compared to years past considering its first half of August and normally you dont see first live game action until November.

Probably going to watch every Duke game just because of Zion..

Will say, positive or negative, still a lot of overreaction ITT. Lot of wishful thinking as well...it's August fellas. There's football to be played first!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT