ADVERTISEMENT

Ruh Ro Duke

I work with a dude that went to college with Bagleys father at NC A&T. Let’s just say he’s not surprised by this coming out because we both know people in the AAU circles here. Now nothing may not come of this but you never know.
Most excellent butchering of the English language. And that fourth hand information is always the best.

If the Nike guy has specific info then he must know of an actual deal that went down, not just a vague reference to “resources.” “Resources” is a vague innuendo made by a criminal trying to bolster his position.

If the Nike guy has specific info then he must know of an actual deal that went down, not just a vague reference to “resources.” “Resources” is a vague innuendo made by a criminal trying to bolster his position.

You do understand that they have an audio recording caught by undercover agents right?

"Nike schools pay too," Code says on one of the videos. "In some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of those schools are doing something to help their kids."

Code later adds, "it's a mess because there's so much money involved."
source.gif

Do you even know what “specifically” means? You literally quoted what you agreed earlier in this thread was innuendo. Are you really this dense or am I getting trolled?

"Nike schools pay too," Code says on one of the videos. "In some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of those schools are doing something to help their kids."

Code later adds, "it's a mess because there's so much money involved."
"in some form or fashion" Another solid statement that would stand tall in a courtroom.

By your initial post you would think Duke is the only school mentioned. hmmmmmm

source.gif

Do you even know what “specifically” means? You literally quoted what you agreed earlier in this thread was innuendo. Are you really this dense or am I getting trolled?

You didn't ask for a quote regarding a specific player, you maroon. You asked for a quote in which he specifically said that Nike schools pay players (which was my comment).

It's pretty clear that by naming Duke specifically, he is saying that they are one of the Nike schools that pay and/or cheat.

You didn't ask for a quote regarding a specific player, you maroon. You asked for a quote in which he specifically said that Nike schools pay players (which was my comment).

It's pretty clear that by naming Duke specifically, he is saying that they are one of the Nike schools that pay and/or cheat.
Are they on wire tap like Self?

I don't remember what show it was. But it was a few years ago. In the show they all work in an office and they were all being drug tested. One of the employees had just done some drugs so he was screwed. He ended up pissing in everyone else's cups so everyone would fail. Can't punish everyone.

No, it doesn’t. It could mean he likes to throw around big names to justify his own criminal actions or impress the person he’s talking to. If he had specific information on Duke paying a recruit that ended up playing at Duke then he would give that info in court, on the wiretap, or now to the press. He hasn’t because he doesn’t have specific info on Duke. He has an assumption that a lot of people have, but has yet to be proven.

The top schools are likely not paying players directly. The shoe companies are probably doing it and funneling them to those schools. There’s a reason the only info or direct proof we have are from smaller schools like TCU, Creighton, etc. I doubt Nike or Adidas are lining up to pay kids to go to those schools.

Does that make what’s going on any better? No, but it’s not a school problem unless they directly conspired with the shoe companies to pay the kids to lead them to their school. If a school did that, Duke included, then they should be punished.

The problem is the NCAA and to an extent the NBA. The NBA needs to get rid of the OAD rule. It’s stupid. The NCAA bans kids from making money on their likeness. This past year millions of dollars were spent on merchandise based on Zion. His jersey was available on Amazon, T-shirt’s with his face on it, etc. He didn’t get a dime. Same goes for many other players. I’m not sure what the solution is, but the current system obviously isn’t working.

No, it doesn’t. It could mean he likes to throw around big names to justify his own criminal actions or impress the person he’s talking to. If he had specific information on Duke paying a recruit that ended up playing at Duke then he would give that info in court, on the wiretap, or now to the press. He hasn’t because he doesn’t have specific info on Duke. He has an assumption that a lot of people have, but has yet to be proven.

So now you're shifting the goalposts from "show me where he said that" to "show me proof that Duke is involved." Got it.

There was no reason for him to go into any details about specific players in the wiretap conversation. He wasn't asked about specific players.

Proceed with burying your head. Just know it's hilarious if you believe either of the following: That no Duke players accept money, or that K and the staff have no knowledge of it.

Don't like it, want it to be false. But it would be hard to imagine there being nothing to this. Especially when you consider human nature being the way it is.

That said, until we know what is good, reliable information and what is speculation and assumptions, everything that is being said is just accusations . Anyone can make an accusation.
I don’t know the facts. But questions need be asked concerning the Bagleys going from bankrupt to living a million dollar house in less than a year, and Zions family living in that expensive house.

Reactions: kl40504
So now you're shifting the goalposts from "show me where he said that" to "show me proof that Duke is involved." Got it.

There was no reason for him to go into any details about specific players in the wiretap conversation. He wasn't asked about specific players.

Proceed with burying your head. Just know it's hilarious if you believe either of the following: That no Duke players accept money, or that K and the staff have no knowledge of it.
I’m not shifting anything. You said he provided specific information. He didn’t. He made an innuendo based on assumption he has. The same assumption you have. What you both have in common is that neither of you have any specific direct evidence that proves your assumption is correct.

I don’t know the facts. But questions need be asked concerning the Bagleys going from bankrupt to living a million dollar house in less than a year, and Zions family living in that expensive house.
Why?

Because it seems shady as hell to me. I can promise you this, if any UK players family got expensive house to live in at the same time their kid chose UK, Jerry Tipton and Pat Forde would be all over it.

Because it seems shady as hell to me. I can promise you this, if any UK players family got expensive house to live in at the same time their kid chose UK, Jerry Tipton and Pat Forde would be all over it.
It is really none of your business. I guess you just don't believe it when Duke says they clear things with the NCAA prior to the kid committing or anything after. Do you really think Duke is that stupid and that someone would not try and use against them in the future if it was that obvious.

Where do you guys keep getting this expensive house story? Repeating rafters nonsense over and over doesn't make it true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT