ADVERTISEMENT

Ruh Ro Duke

I have no dog in this fight, but just last year I couldn't get Raycom Duke/UL/UNC/ACC games in Memphis.

I stream and most of the Raycom games are also on the ACC network. I noticed that quite a few Kentucky games were on the SEC Network, which I couldn’t watch.

I’m annoyed that I have to defend duke because I hate doing that on anything, but the vast majority of their games last year seemed to be on espn or espn 2. I could have watched far more of their games than Kentucky. Given the substantial amount of tv packages and the internet, the “tv exposure” argument is kind of dumb. All of the top programs and their players get a ton of exposure (tv, internet articles, etc).

I’d rather jump on the “screw duke” bandwagon too, but I just can’t here. I’m going to go throw up now. Thanks a lot Bert.

I stream and most of the Raycom games are also on the ACC network. I noticed that quite a few Kentucky games were on the SEC Network, which I couldn’t watch.

I’m annoyed that I have to defend duke because I hate doing that on anything, but the vast majority of their games last year seemed to be on espn or espn 2. I could have watched far more of their games than Kentucky. Given the substantial amount of tv packages and the internet, the “tv exposure” argument is kind of dumb. All of the top programs and their players get a ton of exposure (tv, internet articles, etc).

I’d rather jump on the “screw duke” bandwagon too, but I just can’t here. I’m going to go throw up now. Thanks a lot Bert.

Only a seventy year old crank would think that there is a single recruit in the country who would pick UK over Duke because of games being on TV.

Reactions: klize17
Only a seventy year old crank would think that there is a single recruit in the country who would pick UK over Duke because of games being on TV.

Back in the days of 3 or 4 channels and “game of the week” where that was literally the only televised game, sure. But those days were long gone before these recruits were even born.

Reactions: TheDude1
Back in the days of 3 or 4 channels and “game of the week” where that was literally the only televised game, sure. But those days were long gone before these recruits were even born.

Yeah, everything for the major programs is available to just about everyone nowadays... and a preseason game being available or not won’t have a shred of impact on a recruit.

Just curious, but which streaming service doesn't have SEC Network? I stream through YoutubeTV and it has SEC network but I couldn't get a lot of ACC games. I thought the ACC Network didn't start until this August.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Just curious, but which streaming service doesn't have SEC Network?

I had Sling before the move, which included ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, and the ACC Network. Since buying the house I have since upgraded to an actual cable box (for one room) which includes it, but I still stream in all the other rooms (including my home gym/basement/man-cave). So next year I could watch more Kentucky games, but I usually don’t have the time to watch much more than my Heels.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I had Sling before the move, which included ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, and the ACC Network. Since buying the house I have since upgraded to an actual cable box (for one room) which includes it, but I still stream in all the other rooms (including my home gym/basement/man-cave). So next year I could watch more Kentucky games, but I usually don’t have the time to watch much more than my Heels.
I wasn't trying to come off like I was in a pissing match, I'm just new to streaming and such and was curious.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Aka my team can break any rules it wants and I will still defiantly support it. Duke is the Donald Trump of the sports universe.
Christ, you're dumb. Kentucky is every bit as guilty as Duke is according to these unfound allegations dipshit. Are you defiantly supporting Kentucky, or are you turning your back on them?

I was referencing Jesus.
200.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I have no dog in this fight, but just last year I couldn't get Raycom Duke/UL/UNC/ACC games in Memphis.

I've been able to get every UK game even prior to SEC Network.
That is the truth; however, we will get more posts that everyone gets all of the Duke games since the beginning of time.

I remember a conversation about how you could stream Duke exh games. But now they are all on national tv.

Shocked... SHOCKED, I tell you... that you could get Kentucky games locally. Especially since there are normally so many important things on TV around there.

No recruits care. No fans care. Nobody gives a shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
That is the truth; however, we will get more posts that everyone gets all of the Duke games since the beginning of time.

I remember a conversation about how you could stream Duke exh games. But now they are all on national tv.
And you made fun of my spelling. Can you translate this to English?

Christ, you're dumb. Kentucky is every bit as guilty as Duke is according to these unfound allegations dipshit. Are you defiantly supporting Kentucky, or are you turning your back on them?
Are you a dumbass? The only time that article mentions kentucky is blazer speculating what dawkins meant by "kentucky has their resources." What a ****ing reach on blazer's (and subsequently you) part.

Meanwhile, duke ends up with 2 players that were documented requesting payments and being funneled to schools by bagmen.

I swear. This board is full of ****ing idiots too dumb to realize what idiots they are so they call other people idiots.

Well, that was my point.

In light of these revelations, it certainly raises questions. But no, nothing in my gut was telling me that something was amiss. It is not hard to vision the evolution of Duke's recruiting success being a result of a change in strategy. Cal was giving these kids the platform and the path to the NBA. Krzyzewski gave them a 2nd option.

At the end of the day, it would be pathetic for OADs to take money to attend school. As much as I like Zion and Bagley, I would lose a lot of respect for them if these allegations end up being true. Their families, mostly. They should be allowed to go make money regardless, such a stupid rule.
Duke's OADs have been abject failures compared to Kentucky's.

This is why it's almost a guarantee that duke started paying players when Cal was racking in 3 top 5 recruits a year. Who are Duke's top OADs? Kyrie, who played a grand total of 11 games at duke? Bagley, who is a backup? Ingram, who is habitually described as an underperformer? Let's go to duke where our draft stock suffers and we never get a big 2nd contract. Or go to Kentucky where Cal gets 4 stars in the lottery.

Face it. K's top OAD is the only one he couldn't ruin because he barely played there. RollLaugh

Bert, for someone I think is smart, this honestly is a dumb post. You keep burying your head in the sand.
Arena capacity and overall national titles are the 2 things Kentucky has over Duke.
Read slowly here: Duke is the hottest item out there. You are so wrong here. You’re supposed to be in left field, but you’re not even at the park.

I don’t know where you live, but I watched every Duke game on tv. Have for years.

Duke is the biggest draw. This isn’t about which team is better one year to the next. Ratings are higher when Duke is good and contending.

It’s that simple.
Duke's tv ratings are manufactured by Espn spin machine. When kentucky was going for 40-0 their ratings blew anything duke could ever attempt out of the water.

And when K retires, duke will go the way of indiana and uconn and no one outside of Durham and long island will give half a shit about them.

Duke's tv ratings are manufactured by Espn spin machine. When kentucky was going for 40-0 their ratings blew anything duke could ever attempt out of the water.

And when K retires, duke will go the way of indiana and uconn and no one outside of Durham and long island will give half a shit about them.
Anytime I start to doubt many of Duke’s fans, and their lack of knowledge, reading posts from guys like you puts things back in perspective.

I will say your screen name may be the most fitting out there.

This is why it's almost a guarantee that duke started paying players when Cal was racking in 3 top 5 recruits a year. Who are Duke's top OADs? Kyrie, who played a grand total of 11 games at duke? Bagley, who is a backup? Ingram, who is habitually described as an underperformer? Let's go to duke where our draft stock suffers and we never get a big 2nd contract. Or go to Kentucky where Cal gets 4 stars in the lottery.

Face it. K's top OAD is the only one he couldn't ruin because he barely played there. RollLaugh
So K and Duke are still responsible for players after 3-4 years after they leave Duke? Nope.

Jason Tatum is pretty good. Luol Deng played for 12 years. Bagley, Carter, Okafor, Winslow, ingragam and a bunch of others have all Wen lottery.

What 4’s from UK have been lottery.

Are you a dumbass? The only time that article mentions kentucky is blazer speculating what dawkins meant by "kentucky has their resources." What a ****ing reach on blazer's (and subsequently you) part.

Meanwhile, duke ends up with 2 players that were documented requesting payments and being funneled to schools by bagmen.

I swear. This board is full of ****ing idiots too dumb to realize what idiots they are so they call other people idiots.
Which two? Not Bagley.

That article focuses on Duke because they have the two biggest names mentioned. Nothing has been substantiated on either end. Kentucky had a player mentioned in court as well, Vanderbilt. So yeah, just because Duke is a bigger name than Kentucky, doesn't mean that the allegations against them make them more guilty than Kentucky, or any other school mentioned.

That article focuses on Duke because they have the two biggest names mentioned. Nothing has been substantiated on either end. Kentucky had a player mentioned in court as well, Vanderbilt. So yeah, just because Duke is a bigger name than Kentucky, doesn't mean that the allegations against them make them more guilty than Kentucky, or any other school mentioned.

Was Vanderbilt mentioned? Man, this board has really been a letdown on updates for the court proceedings.

Big fan of the new avatar, btw.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Was Vanderbilt mentioned? Man, this board has really been a letdown on updates for the court proceedings.

Big fan of the new avatar, btw.
It is actually a few months old. And just like the accusations against Duke, there is no substantial or even unsubstantial evidence of any payments. But if we're saying Duke is guilty without evidence, then let's go ahead and say Kentucky is too.

http://www.kykernel.com/sports/two-...cle_40ab6164-e303-11e8-98f7-5367822e9aeb.html

"On Wednesday evening, ESPN released an email that aspiring sports agent Christian Dawkins sent to business partners three weeks before being arrested by FBI agents. Former player Jarred Vanderbilt and current point guard for the Cats Ashton Hagans were listed on that email, which outlined plans of specific people to send payments to, and when to send them."

It is actually a few months old. And just like the accusations against Duke, there is no substantial or even unsubstantial evidence of any payments. But if we're saying Duke is guilty without evidence, then let's go ahead and say Kentucky is too.

http://www.kykernel.com/sports/two-...cle_40ab6164-e303-11e8-98f7-5367822e9aeb.html

"On Wednesday evening, ESPN released an email that aspiring sports agent Christian Dawkins sent to business partners three weeks before being arrested by FBI agents. Former player Jarred Vanderbilt and current point guard for the Cats Ashton Hagans were listed on that email, which outlined plans of specific people to send payments to, and when to send them."

Thanks for the clarification. Not sure how I missed that.

I’ve long thought that the recruiting game was extremely dirty, but it’s looking like it’s even worse than my most extreme guesses. I don’t think it will really ever get cleaned up, but I’m glad it’s coming out about how bad it has been.

If he was making demands to others, why wouldn't he make a demand to DUKE? Unless you think he decided to pass up money at other places just for the joy of playing at Duke?
Maybe he was going to play for the brotherhood unless someone made an offer he could not refuse. Obviously playing for Duke and the brotherhood > $13,000 and a job for his stepdad picking up dead opossums off of highways.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Maybe he was going to play for the brotherhood unless someone made an offer he could not refuse. Obviously playing for Duke and the brotherhood > $13,000 and a job for his stepdad picking up dead opossums off of highways.
He knew he would be making millions in a year. No need to take money from anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT