ADVERTISEMENT

CBS’ Bracket Upsets

No. 12 Samford over No. 5 Kansas

Norlander: The Jayhawks will not be 100%. Kevin McCullar Jr. is dealing with a bone bruise issue that he'll gut through, but it's going to limit KU. He's their best defender. Hunter Dickinson is good to go after a shoulder injury to close the regular season prevented him from playing in the Big 12 Tournament. This is the thinnest roster Bill Self's ever had at KU. Samford plays like 11 guys and presses on every possession. It is a chaos machine. Kansas will not be able to simulate it in practice. So, I like Samford's chances to strike some luck and pull off the upset.

Jack Storm: For the past 3 weeks, Ive been telling everyone Kansas is terrible without its injured stars. The injured stars... even if they come back, will not be enough to eek out a game. Luckily for the Jayhawks, they robbed a baby by getting an incredibly high seed. It wont matter. They will get curbstomped in either the 1st or 2nd game.

Patterson: All season long, the Jayhawks have been dealing with depth issues as a weakness, and while Dickinson and McCullar Jr. were out for the Big 12 Tournament in hopes of healing up for the Big Dance, I'm going to evaluate this team as though they are still limited by injuries, even if both players are in the lineup. Now we're asking this hobbled Kansas team, with a short rotation, to play at altitude in Salt Lake City against a Samford team that loves to run relentlessly with a deep rotation of fresh bodies coming off the bench throughout the game.

@ExitFlagger

No. 12 Samford over No. 5 Kansas

Norlander: The Jayhawks will not be 100%. Kevin McCullar Jr. is dealing with a bone bruise issue that he'll gut through, but it's going to limit KU. He's their best defender. Hunter Dickinson is good to go after a shoulder injury to close the regular season prevented him from playing in the Big 12 Tournament. This is the thinnest roster Bill Self's ever had at KU. Samford plays like 11 guys and presses on every possession. It is a chaos machine. Kansas will not be able to simulate it in practice. So, I like Samford's chances to strike some luck and pull off the upset.

Jack Storm: For the past 3 weeks, Ive been telling everyone Kansas is terrible without its injured stars. The injured stars... even if they come back, will not be enough to eek out a game. Luckily for the Jayhawks, they robbed a baby by getting an incredibly high seed. It wont matter. They will get curbstomped in either the 1st or 2nd game.

Patterson: All season long, the Jayhawks have been dealing with depth issues as a weakness, and while Dickinson and McCullar Jr. were out for the Big 12 Tournament in hopes of healing up for the Big Dance, I'm going to evaluate this team as though they are still limited by injuries, even if both players are in the lineup. Now we're asking this hobbled Kansas team, with a short rotation, to play at altitude in Salt Lake City against a Samford team that loves to run relentlessly with a deep rotation of fresh bodies coming off the bench throughout the game.

@ExitFlagger

Doubling down on the stupidity, eh?

Come back when you understand how seeding works.

Doubling down on the stupidity, eh?

Come back when you understand how seeding works.
No bubba. Since you are still not understanding how fraudulent the high seed was, despite me and everyone on tv/radio saying it...
Think FSU and Jordan Travis. Their "resume" was undefeated. But they lost their injured superstar. Imagine if FSU then played 5 more games and only won 1 game. The football comittee actually has brains and did not allow FSU into the playoffs.
Kansas should have been at least a 10 or worse seed. End of discussion.

No bubba. Since you are still not understanding how fraudulent the high seed was, despite me and everyone on tv/radio saying it...
Think FSU and Jordan Travis. Their "resume" was undefeated. But they lost their injured superstar. Imagine if FSU then played 5 more games and only won 1 game. The football comittee actually has brains and did not allow FSU into the playoffs.
Kansas should have been at least a 10 or worse seed. End of discussion.

First of all...last I checked, this isn't football. Slightly different processes there, chief.

Second, you clearly don't understand the situation. No KU player was ruled out for the season just before the committee determined seeding. McCullar had been in and out of the lineup for weeks, and Dickinson's been practicing and is expected to play in every tourney game. The committee was operating under the belief that both players were going to be available, as was Self, until McCullar's camp shut him down yesterday. Seeding wasn't determined yesterday.

Funny thing about this is that South Carolina has worse metrics than about 10 teams that didn't make the tourney, with no injury excuses. They're probably the most overseeded team in the entire field.

Your take that KU should have been left out of the field is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. If I were you, I'd just drop it and admit that it was a foolish comment made by someone who doesn't closely follow basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT