ADVERTISEMENT

Ruh Ro Duke

Not trolling, serious question. Was UK in Zions final cut for teams to join? I know we really wanted him but seem to remember not being a serious contender. Could be wrong though..

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No. You were the only Nike school that wasn’t willing to offer him money. Literally the only one.
tenor.gif

Lol he implicated duke, uk, Carolina but yet duke gets called out? Yeaaa ok
And Syracuse, KU, TCU, Arizona State, Oregon, and others.

The key paragraph is:

“Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky, Oregon, all of them were at least broadly, if not vaguely, implicated. No tangible evidence of any payments to players or their families came about, but that didn't stop accusation after accusation from surfacing on these videos.“

Now, could the top schools (Duke, KY, and UNC) be directly paying players? Maybe, but there hasn’t been any evidence to directly prove it. Personally, I don’t think the schools need to bc they know the shoe companies want the future of the NBA to get maximum exposure in college, so the shoe companies will funnel the players to the school without the school having to get involved.

Could Nike and Adidas be paying players to funnel them to schools they know will turn them into superstars with name/brand recognition? Maybe, and there’s evidence that’s what’s going on. Likely, the top schools know what the shoe companies are doing, but are not getting directly involved. They also aren’t picking up the phone to inform the NCAA of their suspicions either.

The fact that this thread was started by a KU fan is hilarious. Seriously? You can’t see the rest of us through your glass house? How’s De Sousa’s appeal going? What’s Preston up to?

The key paragraph is:

“Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky, Oregon, all of them were at least broadly, if not vaguely, implicated. No tangible evidence of any payments to players or their families came about, but that didn't stop accusation after accusation from surfacing on these videos.“

Now, could the top schools (Duke, KY, and UNC) be directly paying players? Maybe, but there hasn’t been any evidence to directly prove it. Personally, I don’t think the schools need to bc they know the shoe companies want the future of the NBA to get maximum exposure in college, so the shoe companies will funnel the players to the school without the school having to get involved.

Could Nike and Adidas be paying players to funnel them to schools they know will turn them into superstars with name/brand recognition? Maybe, and there’s evidence that’s what’s going on. Likely, the top schools know what the shoe companies are doing, but are not getting directly involved. They also aren’t picking up the phone to inform the NCAA of their suspicions either.

The fact that this thread was started by a KU fan is hilarious. Seriously? You can’t see the rest of us through your glass house? How’s De Sousa’s appeal going? What’s Preston up to?

Get out of here with fact coach beard

I like how last year the big commotion was Marvin Bagley's father receiving money from a Nike-sponsored club team... and then Bagley goes around and signs with Puma. I mean, I don't doubt that Nike was clearly steering him to one of their schools. But where exactly is Duke involved in this? From my perception, those caught with their hand in the cookie jar are desperately trying to deflect attention by dragging bigger names through the mud.

The key paragraph is:

Goes both ways junior. You spend months or years slinging mud, be prepared for a helping.

Goes both ways junior. You spend months or years slinging mud, be prepared for a helping.

Have something better than innuendo before you try to throw it back. Also, it would help the OP to actually read the article they linked and realize KU is also mentioned.

“In the first college basketball corruption trial, in October, the recruitment of Williamson came into question after testimony brought forth allegations that Kansas was willing to engage in discussions that centered around paying Williamson's family.”

Have something better than innuendo before you try to throw it back. Also, it would help the OP to actually read the article they linked and realize KU is also mentioned.

“In the first college basketball corruption trial, in October, the recruitment of Williamson came into question after testimony brought forth allegations that Kansas was willing to engage in discussions that centered around paying Williamson's family.”

And what do you have on KU? Besides sworn testimony that they had no knowledge of payments? That’s what I thought. Innuendo.

Yet common sense tells us that Duke and KU (and just about every power 5 program) are involved. The only question is how involved.

It's really a shame when blue bloods offer to buy players.

haha, I actually have a huge bag of quarters and about to visit the local arcade. It specializes in 80's arcade games. haha. aka having the cheapest. Dont' care. later tatters.

I was going to say "stupid ass ppl making a name for themselves", but maybe they have a story to tell.

And what do you have on KU? Besides sworn testimony that they had no knowledge of payments? That’s what I thought. Innuendo.

Yet common sense tells us that Duke and KU (and just about every power 5 program) are involved. The only question is how involved.
Uh no. Common sense doesn't tell us that at all.

I like how last year the big commotion was Marvin Bagley's father receiving money from a Nike-sponsored club team... and then Bagley goes around and signs with Puma. I mean, I don't doubt that Nike was clearly steering him to one of their schools. But where exactly is Duke involved in this? From my perception, those caught with their hand in the cookie jar are desperately trying to deflect attention by dragging bigger names through the mud.

Do you think Duke, anyone involved with duke, or anyone that’s played for Duke has payed or been payed in order to play for a Duke?

Don't like it, want it to be false. But it would be hard to imagine there being nothing to this. Especially when you consider human nature being the way it is.

That said, until we know what is good, reliable information and what is speculation and assumptions, everything that is being said is just accusations . Anyone can make an accusation.

Don't like it, want it to be false. But it would be hard to imagine there being nothing to this. Especially when you consider human nature being the way it is.

That said, until we know what is good, reliable information and what is speculation and assumptions, everything that is being said is just accusations . Anyone can make an accusation.

For sure.

Although the fact that this came up in what were thought to be private conversations that we only know about now because they were recorded... well, it's not like it is people trying to get themselves a lesser punishment by turning in people, you know?

Uh no. Common sense doesn't tell us that at all.

So a guy who spent a decade plus at Nike was caught saying plainly that Nike schools pay, including Duke, and we know that both Bagley and Zion families were involved in payment discussions...

But common sense still tells you that Duke is not involved? Ok, Einstein.

For sure.

Although the fact that this came up in what were thought to be private conversations that we only know about now because they were recorded... well, it's not like it is people trying to get themselves a lesser punishment by turning in people, you know?
I am curious about the context of what was said in the private conversations. Like when they say specific teams have resources. Do they mean within the teams, or someone inside of Nike that favors the teams? The wording of it seems as if they are assuming more than that they know for a fact. The schools with assistant coaches on tape are the ones who are sweating. The rest of us are just sitting back and waiting at this point.

So a guy who spent a decade plus at Nike was caught saying plainly that Nike schools pay, including Duke, and we know that both Bagley and Zion families were involved in payment discussions...

But common sense still tells you that Duke is not involved? Ok, Einstein.
Well, we know that they are being accused of being in discussions. No word from the Williamsons, but the Bagleys have denied it. As of now, there is zero evidence that either side has been offered or has recieved any payments. Plenty of things that make us speculate, but no substantial evidence.

Well, we know that they are being accused of being in discussions. No word from the Williamsons, but the Bagleys have denied it. As of now, there is zero evidence that either side has been offered or has recieved any payments. Plenty of things that make us speculate, but no substantial evidence.

If someone were caught on recording discussing details of how his friend screwed your wife, would you give him the benefit of he doubt?

“Welllllllll, we have no substantial evidence.” Just stop.

Another time USC assistant Tony Bland arrived at the suite, straight off the USC school plane, according to Blazer, to collect $13,000 in an envelope. Bland, according to Blazer, said he was headed back to Los Angeles and needed the cash for then recruit Marvin Bagley III, who was on campus for a visit.

“[Bland said], ‘When Marvin Bagley signs with USC, I need you guys on campus the minute he signs and we'll understand what he needs and we’ll get it to his family, ASAP,’” Blazer testified. In exchange, Bland would send Bagley to their agency

Another time USC assistant Tony Bland arrived at the suite, straight off the USC school plane, according to Blazer, to collect $13,000 in an envelope. Bland, according to Blazer, said he was headed back to Los Angeles and needed the cash for then recruit Marvin Bagley III, who was on campus for a visit.

“[Bland said], ‘When Marvin Bagley signs with USC, I need you guys on campus the minute he signs and we'll understand what he needs and we’ll get it to his family, ASAP,’” Blazer testified. In exchange, Bland would send Bagley to their agency
And?

Don’t be coy. There’s a lot of smoke around Bagley and Zion. Nothing will come of it. But there have been two instances where Zion’s stepfather asked for housing and money for his family. Once with Kansas and once with Clemson.
I have already said that it would be hard to imagine that there is nothing to this. All you did there was provide the speculations and made assumptions on it. I am certainly not going to say with any certainty that they did not ask for or receive anything. I just think things should play out.

The Zion situation holds more water IMO, but we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT