ADVERTISEMENT

Roy Williams Retiring?

If they do, they will definitely enjoy a decade of mediocrity. Just like a lot of people in NBA complained about lack of hires for black coaches, but none of them seem to mention that there just aint many competent black coaches available. If they are hired just because they are black, its reverse racism actually.
The F**k...

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think it makes sense for UNC to be the spot where Alford gets his crack at the ACC.

Guy is just trying to throw some stupid shit on this message board...

Don't bite on it.

I am going to speak my mind on the subject....
Don't care what color the person is who UNC hires.

H Davis was a good player. I believe he was on their NC team in the 1990s. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I don't think he was with Wallace/Stackhouse.
But could be wrong here.

If the people there think he deserves the job they should give it to him...

All this other bullshit about intelligence and lack of coaching ability. Take that shit somewhere else..

If they don't hire H Davis it will be because they don't think he is capable or because he lacks the experience.

Pretty sure the people around N Carolina don't care what color he is just as long as he is Carolina Blue....

Reactions: theetommyt
Let's be real, it's easy to shit on the coaches and players, but those who eat it and take it on, hat's off.

So what is the short list? I said a couple years ago Wes Miller would be a good one, but maybe UNC fans want something more proven?

List?

How selfish of Roy to announce his retirement during the Final Four. Way to take the spotlight off of Gonzaga, Baylor, Houston and UCLA

• Haha
Reactions: sgrooms
How selfish of Roy to announce his retirement during the Final Four. Way to take the spotlight off of Gonzaga, Baylor, Houston and UCLA

LOL K will announce his retirement before his last season so that can be the talking point for the entire season. He'll probably expect standing ovations from opposing fanbases after each game

LOL K will announce his retirement before his last season so that can be the talking point for the entire season. He'll probably expect standing ovations from opposing fanbases after each game
And he will get them.

Gonna get the John Wooden treatment all the way to the title

Passed over? I don't think I ever said that. Who are the black candidates who are qualified?

Hubert Davis
LeVelle Morton
Jerry Stackhouse

There are others who be considered but they don't really have any North Carolina ties. Of course, there are plenty of non-black candidates who should also be considered.
And why those 3. What have tg
Maybe. But a Duke fan calling out Roy for being an attention whore is laughable considering who coaches Duke.
i didn’t call him out for anything.

Guy is just trying to throw some stupid shit on this message board...

Don't bite on it.

I am going to speak my mind on the subject....
Don't care what color the person is who UNC hires.

H Davis was a good player. I believe he was on their NC team in the 1990s. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I don't think he was with Wallace/Stackhouse.
But could be wrong here.

If the people there think he deserves the job they should give it to him...

All this other bullshit about intelligence and lack of coaching ability. Take that shit somewhere else..

If they don't hire H Davis it will be because they don't think he is capable or because he lacks the experience.

Pretty sure the people around N Carolina don't care what color he is just as long as he is Carolina Blue....

you are wrong. Hubert was before the 93 team. Donald Williams was the 2 on that team.

the only people who care about skincolor of the coach for UNC are the same people who worry about skin color for every other job on the face of the earth. Unfortunately, most every administrator in Chapel Hill is one of those people.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Carolina tried to out-lib itself and hired Charlotte Smith.

And why those 3. What have tg

i didn’t call him out for anything.

Never said you did. Look who I quoted in my original response. Then, for some reason, you felt the need to chime in.

Maybe. But a Duke fan calling out Roy for being an attention whore is laughable considering who coaches Duke.

If it was someone else it could have been a humorous jab. He is probably serious though.

If it was someone else it could have been a humorous jab. He is probably serious though.
Funny thing is, I didnt call Roy out for anything. But you keep being a passive aggressive pussy.

Never said you did. Look who I quoted in my original response. Then, for some reason, you felt the need to chime in.
OH, so sorry for responding to a post on a message board. I was not aware that only the person you respond to is allowed to comment. Forgive me.

Was the last two years the worst period of Roy's career? Seems odd he's going out at such a low point. He must really not like the direction college basketball is headed.

Reactions: 829305
Funny thing is, I didnt call Roy out for anything. But you keep being a passive aggressive pussy.

Not sure what you are talking about. I wasn't referencing you.

You really aren't sharp enough to parley with the cool kids.

Looks like they are going to hire Wes Miller, the UNCG head coach who played for UNC as a bench warmer some years ago. Should be an interesting hire, he seems to emphasize more on defense while Roy Williams is always an offense-first coach.
Benchwarmer? Wes started on thr 2007 Elite 8 team and shot over 40% from 3.
Sorry if facts get in the way of your attempt at humor

Out of curiosity, what’s the reason there aren’t competent black coaches considering they’re heavily represented in the sport?

I think, they are not interested, just like why there aint as many competent white players in NBA as black players. Blacks more interested in being athletes, whites more interested in doing other things. Of course there are just much less black population than white population, this should be a factor too. If you have a different opinion, I'd love to hear.

I think, they are not interested, just like why there aint as many competent white players in NBA as black players. Blacks more interested in being athletes, whites more interested in doing other things. Of course there are just much less black population than white population, this should be a factor too. If you have a different opinion, I'd love to hear.

Blacks are more interested in being athletes and whites are more interested in doing other things? Are you fvcking serious?

You insinuated that under-representation was the reason for few competent Asian or Latino coaches, but that there was another reason for “no” competent African American coaches. I wondered what that reason was. They account for 25% of coaches, so they’re certainly not in the same boat as Asian or Latino coaches as far as numbers.

It is hard to believe this, with all the dumbasses here. But you really are the dumbest.

ADVERTISEMENT