ADVERTISEMENT

Roy Williams Retiring?

All the great coaches choked

Everyone chokes yes, but some are perennial choke artists(ie. John Thompson III losing to double digit seeds 5 times in a row) while for others these are rare occasions. Apparently Roy Williams was a choke artist in his KU days, but he was a very good tournament coach with UNC. So this makes me curious, that whether KU's problem is Bill Self being a choke artist, or that its just the program being cursed.

Smart move is smart, waiting around for max Social Security.

Looks like they are going to hire Wes Miller, the UNCG head coach who played for UNC as a bench warmer some years ago. Should be an interesting hire, he seems to emphasize more on defense while Roy Williams is always an offense-first coach.

Looks like they are going to hire Wes Miller, the UNCG head coach who played for UNC as a bench warmer some years ago. Should be an interesting hire, he seems to emphasize more on defense while Roy Williams is always an offense-first coach.

I like Wes a lot, but I sort of feel like he’s about 1 job and 8+ years away from being ready.

Reactions: 829305
This would be a good time for UNC to finally hire a black coach.

If they do, they will definitely enjoy a decade of mediocrity. Just like a lot of people in NBA complained about lack of hires for black coaches, but none of them seem to mention that there just aint many competent black coaches available. If they are hired just because they are black, its reverse racism actually.

If they do, they will definitely enjoy a decade of mediocrity. Just like a lot of people in NBA complained about lack of hires for black coaches, but none of them seem to mention that there just aint many competent black coaches available. If they are hired just because they are black, its reverse racism actually.
1*JlA5oYR0vu-eRm27qZcRXw.gif

Go on.......

Why? He won a title after that.

Yeah and I was actually very happy for him. Although the previous two will eventually be vacated, he will still have this one title that no one can take away from him. Like him or not, Roy Williams is a Hall of Fame coach and he does deserve one title before retirement, he finally got it in 2017.

Yeah and I was actually very happy for him. Although the previous two will eventually be vacated, he will still have this one title that no one can take away from him. Like him or not, Roy Williams is a very good coach and he does deserve one title before retirement, he finally got it in 2017.

When will the previous 2 be vacated? Enlighten me.

Yeah and I was actually very happy for him. Although the previous two will eventually be vacated, he will still have this one title that no one can take away from him. Like him or not, Roy Williams is a Hall of Fame coach and he does deserve one title before retirement, he finally got it in 2017.

He’s got 3. SmokinSmile

All the great coaches choked including yours.

Isn't he a Duke fan?

LOL. K may have plenty of titles in his 6 thousand year career, but he's also got a ton of chokes. Dude's failed to get past the 2nd round as a high seed 10 times I think. Lehigh and Mercer were as bad as any chokes ever outside of UMBC. Plus, he's failed to get past the Sweet 16 as a 1 several times.

Reactions: englandnu
Isn't he a Duke fan?

LOL. K may have plenty of titles in his 6 thousand year career, but he's also got a ton of chokes. Dude's failed to get past the 2nd round as a high seed 10 times I think. Lehigh and Mercer were as bad as any chokes ever outside of UMBC. Plus, he's failed to get past the Sweet 16 as a 1 several times.

Yeah but he’s trying keep that on the low.

ADVERTISEMENT