ADVERTISEMENT

Dynasties

Everyone can admit the ncaa is a crap shoot. Things break your way . The best team rarely wins.

KU's history dwarves Uconn. KU never missing the tourney. All of the conference titles. All of the 30 win seasons. All of the hall of famers.

winning 5 of 6 final fours is an anomaly . UK , UNC, Duke, KU all have below .500 records in the FF.

Everyone can admit the ncaa is a crap shoot. Things break your way . The best team rarely wins.

KU's history dwarves Uconn. KU never missing the tourney. All of the conference titles. All of the 30 win seasons. All of the hall of famers.

winning 5 of 6 final fours is an anomaly . UK , UNC, Duke, KU all have below .500 records in the FF.
I recently heard Jay Williams make a comment that is pretty obvious, but something I hadn’t really thought about;

“The season is one thing. The tournament boils down to can you win 6 games in a row?”. Never really considered it that way.

I recently heard Jay Williams make a comment that is pretty obvious, but something I hadn’t really thought about;

“The season is one thing. The tournament boils down to can you win 6 games in a row?”. Never really considered it that way.
I dare to say 95% of ncaa tourneys or more would have a different champion if you put the years champ in a different in a different region . You only compete vs your region.

UConn fans can’t lie playing butler and sdst is luck.

I put more stock in all time wins and conference titles and conference tourney titles . UConn is 25th in all time wins . That is not blue blood

I dare to say 95% of ncaa tourneys or more would have a different champion if you put the years champ in a different in a different region . You only compete vs your region.

UConn fans can’t lie playing butler and sdst is luck.

I put more stock in all time wins and conference titles and conference tourney titles . UConn is 25th in all time wins . That is not blue blood
I agree to an extent about UConn and inclusion as a blue blood. However, what if they win again this year? That's 6 titles, and back to back.

Or, what if they continue their trend, and win a their 6th title five to six years from now.

Assuming KU, Duke, and IU don't win in that time period, UConn would have more titles than those three schools, and specific to KU, two more...tough to exclude them as a blue blood at that point, no?

I agree to an extent about UConn and inclusion as a blue blood. However, what if they win again this year? That's 6 titles, and back to back.

Or, what if they continue their trend, and win a their 6th title five to six years from now.

Assuming KU, Duke, and IU don't win in that time period, UConn would have more titles than those three schools, and specific to KU, two more...tough to exclude them as a blue blood at that point, no?
It's difficult. When I was 9 during the 97 tourney my dad told me ku was a blue blood. I asked what that was and he told me " a tradition of winning in every decade back to when basketball was invented". this included, KU,UK,UNC IU , UCLA and Duke.

Uconn can win this year but it doesn't exclude the fact they really weren't a powerhouse in the regular or post season since 99.

All those teams have more titles. I’ll take that over anything.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT