ADVERTISEMENT

Reason number #67 why the selection committee is the dumbest group of individuals in mankind’s history

JackStorm

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2021
Kansas a 4 seed.
Oregon an 11 seed.
Colorado a 10 seed.
Saint Mary’s a 5 seed.
BYU a 6 seed.
San Diego a 5 seed.

But the worst of all….

Kansas a 4 seed after only winning one game in the past 6 games before selection Sunday.

Just like football had to be expanded to accommodate the terrible selection committee.
Something has to be done about basketball but expansion is not the answer.
What could it be?

Reactions: MGO2022
Kansas a 4 seed.
Oregon an 11 seed.
Colorado a 10 seed.
Saint Mary’s a 5 seed.
BYU a 6 seed.
San Diego a 5 seed.

But the worst of all….

Kansas a 4 seed after only winning one game in the past 6 games before selection Sunday.

Just like football had to be expanded to accommodate the terrible selection committee.
Something has to be done about basketball but expansion is not the answer.
What could it be?
The easy solution is to not have the committee be comprised of just athletic directors and conference commissioners. They’d be well served to put a couple of people like Ken Pomeroy and Matt Norlander on the committee. These guys live and breathe all college basketball. AD’s and commissioners have full time jobs with a lot of non-basketball responsibilities.

The easy solution is to not have the committee be comprised of just athletic directors and conference commissioners. They’d be well served to put a couple of people like Ken Pomeroy and Matt Norlander on the committee. These guys live and breathe all college basketball. AD’s and commissioners have full time jobs with a lot of non-basketball responsibilities.
You had my heart until you said Ken Pom.
He had many teams that got overseeeded (bc of him and net) that got trounced like we all expected .
His formula got cracked and teams played to it and with a bunch of loses were still ranked high.
We need a real math genius that doesn’t fall for the teams manipulating the algorithm.

He had many teams that got overseeeded (bc of him and net) that got trounced like we all expected .
His formula got cracked and teams played to it and with a bunch of loses were still ranked high.
We need a real math genius that doesn’t fall for the teams manipulating the algorithm.
Of the top 16 teams at KenPom, only Auburn lost their first round game. I’d say that’s pretty damn good.

And if you’ve interacted with Pomeroy, you‘d know he’s smart enough to not go strictly by his ranking system. In fact, he’s said many time that it shouldn’t be used as a strict sorting tool.

It works itself out in a pool of 64.

Going past a 8 team playoff in football is just stupid.

4 is too many most years.

• Love
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Of the top 16 teams at KenPom, only Auburn lost their first round game. I’d say that’s pretty damn good.

And if you’ve interacted with Pomeroy, you‘d know he’s smart enough to not go strictly by his ranking system. In fact, he’s said many time that it shouldn’t be used as a strict sorting tool.
lol

It works itself out in a pool of 64.

Going past a 8 team playoff in football is just stupid.

4 is too many most years.
Yes I always felt that if you're going to expand football, 8 is max. What did we get? 12 and before it's even played, an expansion to 14. Stupid.

If we stuck with 8, could have had conference championship games as play in games and then 3 at large bids. Would have been perfect.

Last edited:
You are not going to find a Purdue grad that will criticize the brackets this year.

You are not going to find a Purdue grad that will criticize the brackets this year.
You're kinda dumb and your obsession is showing again.

The committee made a bunch of mistakes this year. There were several seed line errors. As to who should have been in or not, there are always ways you can slice and dice bubble teams. But they are all bubble teams for a reason. You don't like to be left out? Win more or win your league tournament.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
You're kinda dumb and your obsession is showing again.

The committee made a bunch of mistakes this year. There were several seed line errors. As to who should have been in or not, there are always ways you can slice and dice bubble teams. But they are all bubble teams for a reason. You don't like to be left out? Win more or win your league tournament.
Is there a question in this semi-coherent vomit?

Correct. It’s so bad it’s fvcking a stand up show

I think he meant lower as in higher number, chief.

But I gotta hand it to you for having the stones to make a thread like this after dropping your "Oregon should be a 1 or 2 seed" take. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
ADVERTISEMENT