ADVERTISEMENT

Roy Williams Retiring?

They are recognizing that years of inbreeding is not a good thing necessarily. They need to look to go outside the family, but should look for somebody with ties to another blue blood. Say somebody that played PG at Kansas and also has experience building a stable program.

Turgeon-3-REDONE-scaled.jpg
Oh my.

• Haha
Reactions: bMORE607
There are only two 'family' guys that should even be options. Miller and Stack, both for different reasons. Again, they should be options. I'm not extremely high on either at this point.

Hiring Hubert would be an epic fail. He can't even do what he is supposed to as an assistant IMO.

Holtmann is my number one option but we'll see.

What isn't Hubert doing that he should be doing?

No one is immune to choking. Given a larger sample size, everyone is going to lose at some point in the early rounds. All I'm saying, is K's great teams have never lost to a middle of the pack team in the first weekend like Roy or Self. 14 for 14. That 2012 team wasn't anything special. We were down a starter and Lehigh clearly had the best player on the court, a guy who is averaging north of 24 ppg in the NBA.

Well, Bill's got no shortage of excuses. 4 of his were injured/depleted teams that weren't playing to their seed level by that point. Wichita St was flat out a better team despite being a 7 seed. The teams were ranked 12 and 13 on Kenpom.

But yeah, that's been my point all along. The more high seeds you earn in this crazy tourney, the more chokes you'll have. Just funny how some people look past their own.

Reactions: dukedevilz
No, tell us more about black people being inferior when it comes to intelligence and leading.

I am dying to hear your facts

I never said they are inferior due to intelligence and leading, I simply pointed out that there aint competent black coaches available right now(which may change in future but its absolutely true at this moment). Perhaps its education, or whatever reason, but simply hiring them because they are black, is reverse racism. The NBA has shown that some people love to play the race card(like when these circle jerks shit on Steve Nash's hire), without actually using context.

I never said they are inferior due to intelligence and leading, I simply pointed out that there aint competent black coaches available right now(which may change in future but its absolutely true at this moment). Perhaps its education, or whatever reason, this isnt important. But hiring them because they are black, is reverse racism. The NBA has shown that some people love to play the race card, without actually using context.

Hiring someone solely based on immutable characteristics is a problem. I hope that isn't happening.

However, there's no reason to believe there aren't competent black coaches available. John Thompson, Nolan Richardson and Tubby Smith have all won national titles (Kevin Ollie too, but he's hardly noteworthy). Juwan Howard and Leonard Hamilton have top 10 programs. They seem to be doing fine. Mike Boynton is solid. Shaka Smart, Pat Ewing, Cuonzo Martin, and Penny Hardaway can at least recruit - that's half the battle with coaching. Starting to see more black coaches hired - Boston College, Indiana, Minnesota, Penn State, Marquette. Don't think you can really look at them as a collective group, though. At the end of the day, they are individuals. There are a lot of successful white coaches, but there are also literally hundreds of average to below-average white coaches. No need to divide individuals into groups.

Reactions: duckboy33
I never said they are inferior due to intelligence and leading, I simply pointed out that there aint competent black coaches available right now(which may change in future but its absolutely true at this moment). Perhaps its education, or whatever reason, but simply hiring them because they are black, is reverse racism. The NBA has shown that some people love to play the race card(like when these circle jerks shit on Steve Nash's hire), without actually using context.

Your second sentence sounds racist to me and you are the authority on what black coaches are qualified. Just shut the fvck up.

"Ain't competent black coaches available"....

Nah...not racist at all. 😆😆😆

There are only two 'family' guys that should even be options. Miller and Stack, both for different reasons. Again, they should be options. I'm not extremely high on either at this point.

Hiring Hubert would be an epic fail. He can't even do what he is supposed to as an assistant IMO.

Holtmann is my number one option but we'll see.
What has Stackhouse done to deserve the UNc job. I pray that he gets it.

Reading this post and recognizing that you are talking about the intelligence of other people on a general level is pretty entertaining. Please continue.

What isn't Hubert doing that he should be doing?

He was talked about in terms of helping guys shoot and all of our shooters seem to get worse. I'm not sure there is much else to go on though. Plus, he is not really bringing anything new and that is what people want right now IMO.

Out of the pick of the UNC litter, which one would hurt the most to turn you down?

I guss that's a bad way of asking your top choice.

Here's the thing about HOF coaches. Roy is the best. Everyone is a step down. UNC has the same tools IU does. How long does it take?

"Ain't competent black coaches available"....

Nah...not racist at all. 😆😆😆

Saying they are not competent because of intelligence is racist, saying they are not competent alone isnt. There can be many reasons, there are also not competent asian and latino coaches either(and largely because, they are not interested in basketball as sports).

Its not just whites are suitable for the job, but the black coaches will have to actually earn the spots rather than being handed the spot because 'its time to hire a black coach'. This is reverse racism, they should be hired because they are good at their jobs, not because of skin color.

Your second sentence sounds racist to me and you are the authority on what black coaches are qualified. Just shut the fvck up.

Not really, there aint competent black coaches available for UNC to hire. The two competent ones(Juwan and Hamilton)? They aint going to take UNC's job. I was responding to a post saying that UNC should hire Hubert Davis because 'its time to hire a black coach', this is reverse racism. A coach should be judged by merit rather than skin color. But of course, UNC may be comfortable with mediocrity for the entire 2020s decade, then go ahead to hire Hubert Davis and I am not a fan so I dont mind.
:)

Yikes

Twitter is starting to light up over UNC selecting its next head coach to be a person of color.
I don't keep up with UNC, but I would have thought they would have had one black coach by now.

If they do, they will definitely enjoy a decade of mediocrity. Just like a lot of people in NBA complained about lack of hires for black coaches, but none of them seem to mention that there just aint many competent black coaches available. If they are hired just because they are black, its reverse racism actually.

1) There are plenty of "competent" black coaches at the NBA and collegiate level.

2) Nobody is suggesting UNC hire just any black person for the job. They want UNC to consider qualified black coaches for the job.

There's nothing controversial about either of those statements. I don't know who UNC will ultimately hire but there are qualified black candidates and they should obviously be considered.

1) There are plenty of "competent" black coaches at the NBA and collegiate level.

2) Nobody is suggesting UNC hire just any black person for the job. They want UNC to consider qualified black coaches for the job.

There's nothing controversial about either of those statements. I don't know who UNC will ultimately hire but there are qualified black candidates and they should obviously be considered.

Then tell us who the are. Who's being passed over?

Then tell us who the are. Who's being passed over?

Passed over? I don't think I ever said that. Who are the black candidates who are qualified?

Hubert Davis
LeVelle Morton
Jerry Stackhouse

There are others who be considered but they don't really have any North Carolina ties. Of course, there are plenty of non-black candidates who should also be considered.

Twitter is starting to light up over UNC selecting its next head coach to be a person of color.
I don't keep up with UNC, but I would have thought they would have had one black coach by now.

Everybody's gone insane. If they're not racist like this guy, they're holding a gun to the AD's head screaming "hire a black man or else!"

Reactions: UNC71-00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT