ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: So... who wins the Presidential election?

Who wins?

• Total voters
Nobody is saying that she's only qualified because she's a black woman. We're that's the reason she got picked. Outside of thedude, I don’t think there is a single democrat that would say that she is the best and most qualified person for the job. He likes to rave about her achievements in California. She was polling in single digits and in 5th place in her own state when she dropped out of the presidential race. She was done before Iowa. So, yeah. We're all idiots for seeing that it wasn't her qualifications that got her the spot. So stupid.
It's stupid to think presidential polls are a barometer for who should be the VP. Laughing

Pence's approval rating in Indiana was under 40%, and he sure as hell didn't have a shot at the presidency.

The election polls and the Rivals basketball board poll seem to be very different. We’ll see who is correct.

Election polls are corrupt and easily skewed to what the pollster wants. most will be shown again to be wrong. Don’t like polls. Who is polling? What is their agenda? What is their political party?

Better VP candidate, Harris or Palin?
Well, this is going to be a party line vote, just like everything else. But Palin could see Russia from her front yard. So....

I wood, both. But also going with Palin here.

Very similar situations though. One bad swallow of coffee away from being president.

Better VP candidate, Harris or Palin?

See, this kind of stuff is why I look at where our world is and shake my head.

Sarah Palin was a woman who took, like, four or five colleges to get a degree, was a sports reporter on local tv, and whose big job was being mayor of a tiny town, at least until she got involved in the oil and gas commission, which runs Alaska. She won the governorship of a remote state with the population of roughly Denver. She didn't know that the queen isn't the head of the government in the UK and that Africa is a continent and not a country.

Kamala Harris, the daughter of two PhDs, attended two excellent schools, passed the bar exam, and worked in the law from the get go, as a head prosecutor and eventually as a very effective district attorney for a city with more people living it in than all of Alaska. She eventually became the AG for the entire state of California, the top legal position in a state with a population of 40 million people and the fifth largest economy in the world, working hard in areas such as fighting organized crime and drug cartels, consumer protection, and civil rights. She then went on to become a Senator for California, which is literally the highest federal office you can hold in a state.... and again, for a state which has a greater population than many countries.

I get that conservatives might not like Democrats. But come on. At a certain point here, does anyone take a breath and be rational?

Last edited:

Sarah Palin was a woman who took, like, four or five colleges to get a degree, was a weather girl, and whose big job was being mayor of a tiny town, at least until she got involved in the oil and gas commission, which runs Alaska. She won the governorship of a remote state with the population of roughly Denver. She didn't know that the queen isn't the head of the government in the UK and that Africa is a continent and not a country.

Kamala Harris, the daughter of two PhDs, attended two excellent schools, passed the bar exam, and worked in the law from the get go, as a head prosecutor and eventually as a very effective district attorney for a city with more people living it in than all of Alaska. She eventually became the AG for the entire state of California, the top legal position in a state with a population of 40 million people and the fifth largest economy in the world, working hard in areas such as fighting organized crime and drug cartels, consumer protection, and civil rights. She then went on to become a Senator for California, which is literally the highest federal office you can hold in a state.... and again, for a state which has a greater population than many countries.

I get that conservatives might not like Democrats. But come on. At a certain point here, does anyone take a breath and be rational?
You forgot to pick who you wood.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Ah, valid point.

Palin. Not a fan of Harris, in terms of looks.
img.jpg

Reactions: TheDude1

Sarah Palin was a woman who took, like, four or five colleges to get a degree, was a weather girl, and whose big job was being mayor of a tiny town, at least until she got involved in the oil and gas commission, which runs Alaska. She won the governorship of a remote state with the population of roughly Denver. She didn't know that the queen isn't the head of the government in the UK and that Africa is a continent and not a country.

DIdn't think you would be so critical of a daughter born from an educator and a school secretary.

DIdn't think you would be so critical of a daughter born from an educator and a school secretary.

I don't really think that being a school secretary or teacher point towards being smart or not.

But if both of your parents are respected PhDs in their fields, that probably means they didn't have a dummy as a kid.

Sarah Palin was a woman who took, like, four or five colleges to get a degree, was a sports reporter on local tv, and whose big job was being mayor of a tiny town, at least until she got involved in the oil and gas commission, which runs Alaska. She won the governorship of a remote state with the population of roughly Denver. She didn't know that the queen isn't the head of the government in the UK and that Africa is a continent and not a country.

Harris fvcled her way up the political ladder. Married politician who was over 30 years older. She spread her legs and he helped her politically. California is a joke.

Harris fvcled her way up the political ladder. Married politician who was over 30 years older. She spread her legs and he helped her politically. California is a joke.

Uhhh.. just so, you know, we work from a shared place of fact...

Harris dated Willie Brown when she was about 30 and he was 60. Certainly a huge age difference, although not unheard of... our President, for example, is roughly 25 years older than the First Lady. Harris was already a state District Attorney. He appointed her to two minor positions. The first was a six-month appointment to the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board; the second was a role on the Medical Assistance Commission, a body tasked with negotiating contracts to control Medi-Cal costs. Neither of these are particularly impressive stepping stones, and there is no indication that they were particularly important to the steps she took in life. The idea that Brown was married, while technically true, is a bit misleading... while it sounds bad, he had been estranged from his wife for a decade. It isn't like she was some mistress breaking up a marriage; their relationship was public knowledge.

Soooo... yeah. It doesn't seem great, but it also doesn't seem like anything that reflects on her actual ability or accomplishments. In the realm of politics, this is not some jaw dropper, and there is nothing to support the idea that she slept her way to the top... maybe she slept her way from the 3rd rung to the 3.5th rung out of 40?

On the scandal meter, it rates what... about a 2 out of 10?

Last edited:
Reactions: brooky03
I don't really think that being a school secretary or teacher point towards being smart or not.

But if both of your parents are respected PhDs in their fields, that probably means they didn't have a dummy as a kid.
Sure. Of course.

59 million minority women in America. And that they picked one who HAPPENED to be the head federal representative of the 5th largest economy in the world, and who also happened to serve as the chief lawyer for said economy. What crazy, random luck... I mean, just looking for a black woman, and that is who they got! Amazing! What are the chance? Oh... they are 1 in 59,000,000. Huh.

I wonder if there is a way to roll that IQ test thread into this... like, you have to have a certain score to post here, like a "you must be this height to ride the ride" sort of thing?
You do know that Biden specifically said he will pick his VP based off of skin color and gender, right? So if those two things were most important in a running mate, how far down the list are her credentials?

My feelings are so hurt. Being insulting by a soy boy cocksucker is the final straw. I am going to go kill myself immediately.

Watching Heels up Harris right now.. wow. Anyone who thinks she should be one coughing spell away from president is a window licking jackass.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
You do know that Biden specifically said he will pick his VP based off of skin color and gender, right? So if those two things were most important in a running mate, how far down the list are her credentials?

Uhhh... not very far down? I mean... she was picked out of tens of millions of Americans who could have been picked. Guess why?

You guys are just trying so, so hard. You can’t even say she was picked for her gender and background, and also picked because of her experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
This is embarrassing. So Kamala beat out tens of millions of Americans for the job. Why? Because she was the only one of those tens of millions of Americans in the running. And it is everyone else that is trying too hard.

Harris- the mural of black men who she kept in prison past their release dated to provide cheap labor. Wow. What POS

• Haha
Reactions: TheDude1
Harris- the mural of black men who she kept in prison past their release dated to provide cheap labor. Wow. What POS
Don't forget about the black man who was going to die in prison because Kamala intentionally withheld evidence that proved his innocence.

Uhhh... not very far down? I mean... she was picked it of tens of millions of Americans who could have been picked. Guess why?

You guys are just trying so, so hard. You can’t even say she was picked for her gender and background, and also picked because of her experience.
You don’t think it’s strange that while trying to earn the nomination, Biden claimed he was picking his VP and named gender and race!
You don’t see that as explicit bias and complete and total pandering? I mean..come TF on. He said it, not me. It’s not even trying hard. He said it. Once he narrowed his pool...did he then start to eliminate people based on actual merit? Is that what you’re saying?

And UL...how the fack could you like this? If there is one point of concession, shouldn’t this be it?

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostOf301
You don’t think it’s strange that while trying to earn the nomination, Biden claimed he was picking his VP and named gender and race!
You don’t see that as explicit bias and complete and total pandering? I mean..come TF on. He said it, not me. It’s not even trying hard. He said it. Once he narrowed his pool...did he then start to eliminate people based on actual merit? Is that what you’re saying?

And UL...how the fack could you like this? If there is one point of concession, shouldn’t this be it?

Uhhh... obviously it was intentional. He said so. Now, you see it as meaningless pandering... and sure, Vice presidents are often chosen for, among other things, what they bring to the table on Election Day. But I see it as much about ensuring that the people who lead our country have shared backgrounds and experiences and concerns and ways with the actual and diverse people of our country. I mean, so far, white guys are batting what... .998? Maybe it is okay to explicitly give other Americans a shot?

Listen... there are people here arguing that experience and capability played no part in the picking Harris.

Thats stupid, and I doubt you support that idea.

I will simply repost exactly what I posted earlier;

Harris was picked in part because of her race and gender,

Harris was picked in part because of her ability and experience.

Both of these statements are simply true.

And I bet you agree with them.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and UL_1986
Uhhh... obviously it was intentional. He said so. Now, you see it as meaningless pandering... and sure, Vice presidents are often chosen for, among other things, what they bring to the table on Election Day. But I see it as much about ensuring that the people who lead our country have shared backgrounds and experiences and concerns and ways with the actual and diverse people of our country. I mean, so far, white guys are batting what... .998? Maybe it is okay to explicitly give other Americans a shot?

Listen... there are people here arguing that experience and capability played no part in the picking Harris.

Harris has plenty of qualifications to run as vp. It’s not like she is grossly unqualified. But to verbalize publicly you are strictly basing your pick off of skin color and gender is wholly wrong. And it doesn’t justify it to later pick based on actual merit. If you can’t say she was put in a pool based solely on her skin color and gender to start with...then how do we continue and how do you reconcile the fact that these two things were the primary reasons she was even considered. Am I living in an alternate universe? Will you really look the other way on this? You would eat a republican alive

Last edited:
It’s much easier to stand up and ridicule someone without repercussions than it is to stand up and defend someone and be attacked for it.
those happiest are the quietest

Interesting, except Biden only said he was picking a VP based on race and gender. Never mentioned qualifications.

ADVERTISEMENT