ADVERTISEMENT

Who Wins the National Title?

Who will win the 2023 National Title?

• Total voters
The Big East might be down, but I doubt that Uconn is dominant enough to make it through unscathed.
True, but have they won a game by less than double digits yet ? They crushed Bama , best 1-2 big men combo in Sanago and Clingan ?

True, but have they won a game by less than double digits yet ? They crushed Bama , best 1-2 big men combo in Sanago and Clingan ?

Never know, but I think there are a lot of decent/solid teams in the Big East. I’d expect them to lose at least a couple.

The correct answer may very well be "other." But, we don't need an easy out. Which of these current top 10 AP teams would you take? Decided to take Texas out of the poll, and put Baylor in their place, as I figure the Beard turmoil might be hard to overcome.
The field for sure. Pretty open this year so far.

Reactions: dukedevilz
My hogs. Homer pick, but we've made the elite 8 two years in a row and weren't clicking at this point last year like we are now. Difference in then and now is a big jump in size and young talent. By March we should be playing our best ball.

My hogs. Homer pick, but we've made the elite 8 two years in a row and weren't clicking at this point last year like we are now. Difference in then and now is a big jump in size and young talent. By March we should be playing our best ball.

I'd like your chances a lot better if you had Trevon Brazile. That's a devastating loss...

Poll results are nicely spread out. Everyone has at least 1 vote. And no one has more than 23% of the votes. This year feels crazy wide-open.

I'd like your chances a lot better if you had Trevon Brazile. That's a devastating loss...

Poll results are nicely spread out. Everyone has at least 1 vote. And no one has more than 23% of the votes. This year feels crazy wide-open.
The poll has gone as expected, for the most part. There are some outliers, but typically fans of one of the teams listed voted for that team. Certainly there is no bias there. 🤣

• Haha
The poll has gone as expected, for the most part. There are some outliers, but typically fans of one of the teams listed voted for that team. Certainly there is no bias there. 🤣
I'm atypical. I voted for Arizona. I like our squad but don't think we have enough firepower to win the title. Now, if Edey pulls an Oscar and comes back, I might think differently next year. Our only senior is our backup point guard who's playing less than 15 mpg.

I noticed that very few Kentucky fans voted. Wonder who'd be #1 if Kentucky were added to the poll? 🤣

I'm atypical. I voted for Arizona. I like our squad but don't think we have enough firepower to win the title. Now, if Edey pulls an Oscar and comes back, I might think differently next year. Our only senior is our backup point guard who's playing less than 15 mpg.
I picked Purdue, largely because of Edey. I think he's the top NPOY candidate at the moment. But, it is certainly a guard-driven game these days and you can only go as far as they will take you. The backcourt has been solid thus far.

I also didn’t vote Kansas. I voted Virginia. It was either them or Houston/Baylor. I think you’ll actually find many on here are actually quite level headed about their team.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I also didn’t vote Kansas. I voted Virginia. It was either them or Houston/Baylor. I think you’ll actually find many on here are actually quite level headed about their team.
I agree, but unintentional bias is a thing too. Everyone is guilty of it sometimes. Most votes are probably from the heart, not the brain.

Maybe in terms of discussing strength and weaknesses, but not in polls. Few people can bring themselves to vote for another team unless their own has 0% chance. The results never lie. Wish we could add Duke and Kentucky to this poll. It would remove all doubt. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Kansas has one of the best PGs, and the best set of Wings in the nation. If the big man rotation settles itself, they can repeat.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Maybe in terms of discussing strength and weaknesses, but not in polls. Few people can bring themselves to vote for another team unless their own has 0% chance. The results never lie. Wish we could add Duke and Kentucky to this poll. It would remove all doubt. 😆
zach-oleynik-bbcan3.gif

😉 🤣

Kansas has one of the best PGs, and the best set of Wings in the nation. If the big man rotation settles itself, they can repeat.
Correct. I voted Kansas because I think the 5 spot solidifies. Our 1-4 is as strong as anyone’s.

I don’t think anyone is head and shoulders above anyone. Probably the typical 5-8 teams that can win it. Houston is probably my favorite non-Kansas team to win it.

I went with Houston. Their defense and rebounding is elite. Guard play is excellent. They'll go through some lulls offensively and FTs might cost them but I'm not sure I've seen a tougher, more physical team this year. They also play hard every possession.

Reactions: KisteK
I went with Houston. Their defense and rebounding is elite. Guard play is excellent. They'll go through some lulls offensively and FTs might cost them but I'm not sure I've seen a tougher, more physical team this year. They also play hard every possession.

I picked Houston because of those exact reasons although I’m becoming more and more of a believer that KU can actually repeat if a couple more pieces come around in conference play.

Reactions: KisteK and jhmossy
Pulling for NSJr to get healthy. I think Bama and Arky are going to have some battles this year. I picked UCONN but no 1 seed is going to be happy to look up and see Bama or Arkansas in their bracket. Arkansas has FF written all over it IMO.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT