ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NFL season general discussion thread

Yea what a dipshit olay by allen. Maybe he slipped but why go low on a qb sneak when ur 6”5 250 or whatever he is.

Derrick Henry is an absolute stud. Best RB since AP in his prime. Im only 35 but ive just never seen such a big powerful back thats also so fast. They said he hit 21mph on his long TD run 😳

Glad to see the Bills go down but it probably doesn’t matter. The rest of their schedule has to be the easiest in the league.

Yea there are some super weak divisions this year, so far at least. AFC east looks super soft sans buffalo. Same for afc south sans Titans although colts looked better sunday. Nfc north sans gb although minn looked good in a win over carolina. Nfc south sans TB. Seems like the divisions winners are pretty clear cut from those divisions at this point, imo, although things can change super quick in the nfl. One injury or hot/cold patch can change the season.

So is Baltimore the best team in the AFC?
Id say any given sunday any of baltimore, KC, Buffalo, and maybe LA chargers could play each other 10 times and split 5 a piece imho. To close to call. Baltimore does have the most impressive wins imo, but also needed a nfl record fg to beat detroit, granted hollywood brown dropped 21 points by hinself.

Reactions: GhostOf301
IMO, right now the top three most likely to win the SB are the Rams, Bucs, Bills. But I think the Ravens are establishing a winning identity. And you can never count out the Chiefs. I would almost put a good chunck of money on one of the mentioned teams.

But the AFC north is pretty brutal. Maybe not full of top contenders, but absolutely no scrubs to pick on either.

IMO, right now the top three most likely to win the SB are the Rams, Bucs, Bills. But I think the Ravens are establishing a winning identity. And you can never count out the Chiefs. I would almost put a good chunck of money on one of the mentioned teams.
Id have to throw the chiefs and cards in there and the homer in me says u cant count out the pack if we can get healthy on D.

Also would give dallas a chance bc they are loaded on O and creating lots of turnovers on D. Also play in a pretty terrible looking division thus far.

I know at this point im including every contender if u included baltimore, but i dont see much seperating any of the top teams this year so far.

That being said, I still dont see a way anyone beats TB tho unfortunately. Barring injury, i expect the same team as last year except better bc theyve actually played together a while now.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Id have to throw the cards in there and the homer in me says u cant count out the pack if we can get healthy on D.

Also would give dallas a chance bc they are loaded on O and creating lots of turnovers on D. Also play in a pretty terrible looking division thus far.

I still dont see a way anyone beats TB tho unfortunately. Barring injury, i expect the same team as last year except better bc theyve actually played together a while now.
That was a brain fart on my end. They might be the most likely and I completely forgot about them.

Yea i added chiefs too in an edit, but at that point im basically considering all the contenders/playoff teams 😂

Id have to throw the chiefs and cards in there and the homer in me says u cant count out the pack if we can get healthy on D.

I know at this point im including every contender if u included baltimore, but i dont see much seperating any of the top teams this year so far.

That being said, I still dont see a way anyone beats TB tho unfortunately. Barring injury, i expect the same team as last year except better bc theyve actually played together a while now.
I will never buy Dallas. The Packers are a solid 2nd playoff week team. I could definitely see the Rams beating TB.

I could see the rams beating them too, or cards, or packers, or even dallas on the right day. But i think TB A game is better than anyone elses. Plus they got Brady who is beyond clutch, as well as pretty damned lucky.

No teams really stand out this year. Quite a bit of mediocrity (or perhaps parity).
Laugh. Cause you should. I am going full homer by not completely discounting the 49ers. They get Hasty back this week, Greenlaw this week or the next. Wilson JR in 3 weeks. Their toughest 3 game stretch is behind them. 0-3, ugh. For the reason you state, they still have a chance. But they'll probably finish 8-9.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Laugh. Cause you should. I am going full homer by not completely discounting the 49ers. They get Hasty back this week, Greenlaw this week or the next. Wilson JR in 3 weeks. Their toughest 3 game stretch is behind them. 0-3, ugh. For the reason you state, they still have a chance. But they'll probably finish 8-9.
8-9 might be good enough for the last wild card spot.

Yea not alot of threats for the last wildcard spot atm. Be hard to predict, san fran has a good of chance as any, but nfc west is brutal too, no cupcakes.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Minn make a run at it jist bc the division is bad outside GB.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
@GhostOf301 you watched any Panthers games this year? Can't decide if the Darnold experiment is already over or if having the worst offensive line in the league has clouded my judgment. Would love a second opinion.

@GhostOf301 you watched any Panthers games this year? Can't decide if the Darnold experiment is already over or if having the worst offensive line in the league has clouded my judgment. Would love a second opinion.
I've watched all the Panthers games. You knew the 3-0 start was smoke and mirrors. But I wouldn't put that on Darnold. He's been let down quite a few times by his receivers and the OC hasn't used any kind of schemes to make up for inefficiency on the OL. Look at what GB is doing with their depleted line. Obviously it helps that they have Rogers. But they use their TEs and RB as decoys to spread out the DL. The Panthers should do the same. It should help tremendously when they get McCaffery back. If I were them, I would use McCaffery and Hubbard at the same time a lot. I am more impressed with Darnold than I thought I would be, I wouldn't call him a bust at Carolina just yet.

Reactions: JimboBBN
The runningback is a fading position in the NFL, but will one win the MVP this year?

this dude fvcks

Granted, that's a lot of carries and it will be tough to stay healthy carrying that load, but damn.

The runningback is a fading position in the NFL, but will one win the MVP this year?

this dude fvcks

Granted, that's a lot of carries and it will be tough to stay healthy carrying that load, but damn.
He should have won it last year and Im a packers fan. I mean 2000 yards rushing is a pretty impressive accomplishment, and far more rare than anything any qb is doing in a pass happy league imo sans bradys rings.

Best rb since AP imo, never seen a dude that big and powerful with such speed as well. They said he hit 21 mph on his long td run last week.

Glad to see the Ravens showed up today
True, but after you told me the Ravens would be 5-2 after losing to Vegas week 1 Monday night, with all these injuries (19 guys on IR?), I would take it.

Though, no excuse for this tackling...

Reactions: bMORE607
True, but after you told me the Ravens would be 5-2 after losing to Vegas week 1 Monday night, with all these injuries (19 guys on IR?), I would take it.

Though, no excuse for this tackling...
Wink has to go. Atrocious defense today. Tackle sucked but there guys running wide open.

Wink has to go. Atrocious defense today. Tackle sucked but there guys running wide open.
Agreed- always find it funny when people (AKA majority of people being BALT fans), think Wink should get a head coaching job...

So is Baltimore the best team in the AFC?
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT