ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Tshiebwe...

Kentucky players do not party. A top 5 player told Cal he just wanted to have fun for his one year and Cal told him he’s not coming to UK. This years bunch is in the gym past midnight so there’s no room for partying.

Romeo Langford wasnt it?

Reactions: KisteK
Cal soured on Romeo and vice versa at USA basketball.

Romeo wanted to slack off in practice due to an enflamed back, but still get a gaggle of guaranteed minutes/touches.

There are plenty of coaches who would go out of their way to let an injured player only compete in games (if they are talented enough). Cal isn't one of them, especially when the rest of the roster is every bit as talented.

Okay, but where is that link, this ain't afam man, you gotta do your own work here. You have to prove what you're saying because nobody else has heard about what you're saying.

I've heard that Oscar didn't gel with the people he was around on his UK visit. No, there is no further clarification.

He has been to Morgantown so many times and he is down here almost every weekend hanging with Sags and other players, friends.

Its hard for anyone now to believe he would bock to that family feel here at WVU for any other program.

Oscar will be a Mountaineer and a Big 12 player of special ability that I look forward to watching.

Cal soured on Romeo and vice versa at USA basketball.

Romeo wanted to slack off in practice due to an enflamed back, but still get a gaggle of guaranteed minutes/touches.

There are plenty of coaches who would go out of their way to let an injured player only compete in games (if they are talented enough). Cal isn't one of them, especially when the rest of the roster is every bit as talented.
I'd certainly like to know where this came from. Because it's 100% totally opposite of how the kid was during his 4 years at New Albany.

Reactions: HRTheCard
I've heard that Oscar didn't gel with the people he was around on his UK visit. No, there is no further clarification.

He has been to Morgantown so many times and he is down here almost every weekend hanging with Sags and other players, friends.

Its hard for anyone now to believe he would bock to that family feel here at WVU for any other program.

Oscar will be a Mountaineer and a Big 12 player of special ability that I look forward to watching.

considering the fact that they probably not be at UK next year, why would that even matter

we hear that kind of stuff all the time about other schools when recruits visit there
take all that kind of stuff with a huge grain of salt

considering the fact that they probably not be at UK next year, why would that even matter

we hear that kind of stuff all the time about other schools when recruits visit there
take all that kind of stuff with a huge grain of salt

Listen, I'm not into starting shit on UK, and I'm not one of them Cal cheats and BBN cheats people. I like Cal, hell Huggs loves him some Cal.

I'm telling you second hand info from our board and the info comes from first hand conversation with Oscar himself. Oscar is not the type of guy to ever blast a school that has shown him great respect by recruiting him.

Just saying he was a little off put and that doesn't mean UK did anything wrong at all. I think its more he wanted to legitimately see what other programs have to offer and he was curious.

Lets face it, a UK offer is a big offer because of the the guys that run through that program with Cal. Best facilities in the country and a rock star feel. However, that just isn't for every guy.

Oscar warranted all the attention he got because he punked all sorts of higher rated 5 star talent this summer and he did it in front of the big name coaches, but home is home..........he a Mountaineer.

Listen, I'm not into starting shit on UK, and I'm not one of them Cal cheats and BBN cheats people. I like Cal, hell Huggs loves him some Cal.

I'm telling you second hand info from our board and the info comes from first hand conversation with Oscar himself. Oscar is not the type of guy to ever blast a school that has shown him great respect by recruiting him.

Just saying he was a little off put and that doesn't mean UK did anything wrong at all. I think its more he wanted to legitimately see what other programs have to offer and he was curious.

Lets face it, a UK offer is a big offer because of the the guys that run through that program with Cal. Best facilities in the country and a rock star feel. However, that just isn't for every guy.

Oscar warranted all the attention he got because he punked all sorts of higher rated 5 star talent this summer and he did it in front of the big name coaches, but home is home..........he a Mountaineer.

Like I said in earlier post, I don’t doubt that Tshiebwe was more comfortable at WVU (either though that hasn’t been really confirmed until he commits). I think that’s what people are trying to say. But definitely don’t think Kentucky pitched him on nightlife and all that. Might have pitched him on exposure and spotlight. Not every player is cut out for that. That’s not a shock to Kentucky fans.

i think he is going to WVU
i do not believe the other stuff
we have people all the time with so called second hand info that is not correct

like i said, take it with a huge grain of salt unless you heard it directly from the recruit himself

This is truly amazing

Yeah, if UK players are up past midnight they aren't in the gym every night putting up shots. I mean, does anyone believe this stuff? I don't think I know UNC fans who are this delusional and I know some pretty delusional UNC fans.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
i think he is going to WVU
i do not believe the other stuff
we have people all the time with so called second hand info that is not correct

like i said, take it with a huge grain of salt unless you heard it directly from the recruit himself

Yeah. Pretty sure the info is correct in the way that I presented it. I think others might add their spin to it and that is unfortunately how people roll.

It makes no matter anyways, people are always going to make up bullshit when it comes to recruiting battles. I was reading comments in an article on Oscar and some BBN dude was in there insinuating Huggs and WVU were paying the Host family and all kinds of bullshit. I took it as a compliment lol

Its not often Huggs beats out the big brand programs for a top tier talent. TO tell it true, ole Huggs and staff been recruiting well as of late and matching 4 star talent with unknown guys we find in the weeds.

Huggs had a top 20 recruiting class last year and no other coaches want to see what Huggs can do with that kind of skill considering he can take 5 guys named Rick and make the tourney with them.

Going to be an interesting next few years..

Yeah. Pretty sure the info is correct in the way that I presented it. I think others might add their spin to it and that is unfortunately how people roll.

It makes no matter anyways, people are always going to make up bullshit when it comes to recruiting battles. I was reading comments in an article on Oscar and some BBN dude was in there insinuating Huggs and WVU were paying the Host family and all kinds of bullshit. I took it as a compliment lol

Its not often Huggs beats out the big brand programs for a top tier talent. TO tell it true, ole Huggs and staff been recruiting well as of late and matching 4 star talent with unknown guys we find in the weeds.

Huggs had a top 20 recruiting class last year and no other coaches want to see what Huggs can do with that kind of skill considering he can take 5 guys named Rick and make the tourney with them.

i agree that Huggs is not paying him
i actually root for WVU when not playing UK
we own 2 businesses in WV so naturally i have a lot of friends that are WVU fans

if not UK then i want him at WVU

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Like I said in earlier post, I don’t doubt that Tshiebwe was more comfortable at WVU (either though that hasn’t been really confirmed until he commits). I think that’s what people are trying to say. But definitely don’t think Kentucky pitched him on nightlife and all that. Might have pitched him on exposure and spotlight. Not every player is cut out for that. That’s not a shock to Kentucky fans.
I could be mistaken, but I do not think thats what's being said. They said, "some UK players". And that could be plausible, right? Not that UK was pitching the nightlife. But simply some players were wanting him to party.

I don’t know if it’s true or not but Cal said it the other day at madness. He told a top 5 player no cause of him wanting to have fun, party and shoot 50 shots a game.
So, you calling Cal a liar?

And c'mon---50 shots a game? Laughing

Reactions: HRTheCard
I could be mistaken, but I do not think thats what's being said. They said, "some UK players". And that could be plausible, right? Not that UK was pitching the nightlife. But simply some players were wanting him to party.

it is even more plausible that someone made that up about the partying

You are mistaken.

Yep. Certainly is. But not as much. I mean do you really think no UK players party or drink?

absolutely some do, that is the same at every school
after "whoregate" i highly doubt any players at UK or UL are taking recruits out partying
so yea it is highly unlikely that happened

Reactions: IUfanBorden
absolutely some do, that is the same at every school
after "whoregate" i highly doubt any players at UK or UL are taking recruits out partying
so yea it is highly unlikely that happened
Fair...

I heard you don't gel with the people on this board.

I heard you don't gel with the people on this board.

300x169x56406e2e304321fd2000c248.gif

I would love to get him but I’d bet he goes to WVU. And if he does then good for him. I’ll gladly keep up with him there too.

I heard he wanted a promise of being a starter like he’d be at WVU and cal said we don’t promise that here

F'ing lie.

Damn, y'all just don't accept losing a recruiting battle well do ya?

Don't worry, it'll be aight...

as i was saying about negative chatter, take it with a huge grain of salt
that is no different then people saying UK players wanted him to party
that is just how recruiting works
i will say at UK with Cal if we miss one it is just next man up

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
as i was saying about negative chatter, take it with a huge grain of salt
that is no different then people saying UK players wanted him to party
that is just how recruiting works
i will say at UK with Cal if we miss one it is just next man up

Its expected, especially with all of this FBI shit going on.

But, to say Huggs cheats is a bunch of shit cuz if he does we sure not getting the benefits of it...lol

Since Huggs came to his Alma mater he has gotten 1 five star ( Devin Ebanks ) and it was pure luck because Ebanks was set to go to INdiana and Sampson got the boot. Ebanks backed into WVU at the last minute.

We get us a 4 star now and then, I think we have 5 four stars on the current team and thats out of 15 players, the rest being 3 stars.

So, yeah, Oscar is a big deal to us.....I know y'all are used to getting multiple 5 star players and usually nothing below a 4 star....

I heard he wanted a promise of being a starter like he’d be at WVU and cal said we don’t promise that here

Anybody who thinks Bob Huggins would promise an 18 year old kid anything is out of their mind.

Huggs is clean and brutally honest. Its why weve come up just short for so many 5 star kids. Adreian Payne, Tobias Harris, Doron Lamb, Lance Stephenson, Chane Behanan, etc etc.

Its expected, especially with all of this FBI shit going on.

But, to say Huggs cheats is a bunch of shit cuz if he does we sure not getting the benefits of it...lol

Since Huggs came to his Alma mater he has gotten 1 five star ( Devin Ebanks ) and it was pure luck because Ebanks was set to go to INdiana and Sampson got the boot. Ebanks backed into WVU at the last minute.

We get us a 4 star now and then, I think we have 5 four stars on the current team and thats out of 15 players, the rest being 3 stars.

So, yeah, Oscar is a big deal to us.....I know y'all are used to getting multiple 5 star players and usually nothing below a 4 star....
Oscar is going to WVa, there's no doubt about that and, regardless of what some believe, the whole "everybody cheats" thing is BS. I don't think UK, UNC and Duke are cheating, I just don't, they don't have to (I thought KU was on that list too, but I guess they felt the need to cheat). I also don't think Huggs would pay a player either. I don't think he wants to go out like that and you don't need to pay 3 and 4 star kids anyway.
However, all it takes is someone from Huggins' staff, a booster or a shoe company rep to get to a kid and pay him. Nobody would know about it until the kid has played a bunch of games for your team and now you have to vacate a season.

I'd certainly like to know where this came from. Because it's 100% totally opposite of how the kid was during his 4 years at New Albany.
Just a UK fan making sh*t up because of sour grapes, Purdue fans like to do it too. "Hey he's going to IU now he sucks," ect...There was even a few idiots on the Purdue board that didn't have him on the all Big Ten freshman team. Romeo is going to shut a lot of people up this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT