ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Haha no I didn't see that. Looks like we have similar rankings, at least at the top.

I have Justin Powell as my #5 transfer and ESPN doesn't have him in their top 24. I think he'll have a monster sophomore campaign.

I'm not nearly as high on Adam Miller as ESPN is. I have him at #35, while ESPN ranks him as the #7 transfer. Didn't see every Illinois game, but I was never sold on him. A new role and coach can sometimes do wonders, however. Overall, those rankings look pretty fair to me.

Edit: Looks like they also missed Quincy Guerrier, my #6 transfer. Okay, so two pretty big misses on ESPN's part, IMO.
Powell is 27th, and Guerrier is 29th.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I'm an idiot. The reason why I have access, is due to wife wanting disney+. I tried out ESPN+ but couldn't get live games so I just forgot about it. Not interested in their articles unless someone ask a question, google it, and find the answer there. Been browsing ESPN+ articles and they're all shit. Save your money.

I'm an idiot. The reason why I have access, is due to wife wanting disney+. I tried out ESPN+ but couldn't get live games so I just forgot about it. Not interested in their articles unless someone ask a question, google it, and find the answer there. Been browsing ESPN+ articles and they're all shit. Save your money.

About the only reason I'd want access to ESPN+ is for the extra games. The Big 12 has some conference games on ESPN+, but that's about it. Most of the other games are mid-majors.

About the only reason I'd want access to ESPN+ is for the extra games. The Big 12 has some conference games on ESPN+, but that's about it. Most of the other games are mid-majors.

I think they also have the European World Cup Qualifiers for soccer, but I agree on the basketball side. I would have gotten it if it also included UNCW games but the CAA has their own contract on a different station.

I have access too. Didn't realize until yesterday, so thanks! 😆 Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ are all included "complementary" with my Verizon plan.

Damn suprised with Juzang, dont see how he can push his stock any higher after the crazy tourney he had.

UCLA Is back in my final four mix. Damn theres gonna be quite a few really good teams next year, well on paper at least.

Damn suprised with Juzang, dont see how he can push his stock any higher after the crazy tourney he had.

UCLA Is back in my final four mix. Damn theres gonna be quite a few really good teams next year, well on paper at least.

I don’t think he was close to sniffing the first round. Might do better under the new NIL rules in college than playing in the g-league and signing random 10 day contracts.

Damn. Don’t like this.

tenor.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Abmas is a weirdo
Like I told people a month ago is was known that he wouldn’t be drafted
Why didn’t he throw his name in the transfer portal?

I personally like Abmas more than Carr. It is well known that Abmas already can create for others.

Carr/Tre Mitchell
Abmas/Obanor

Interesting matchup. I may take Tre over Obanor.
Really going through his game. Tre Mitchell is even better than his numbers suggest

Nice troll attempt i guess. No one considers IU a blue blood outside of iu fans, hell alot of ppl dont even consider ucla a blue blood bc all their success came in a short period.

Blue blood schools dont go on 40 year mediocre stretches. Or however many years since bobby knight was there and they were relevant. 1 final four since with mike davis? Yea real blue blood 😂

Nice troll attempt i guess. No one considers IU a blue blood outside of iu fans, hell alot of ppl dont even consider ucla a blue blood bc all their success came in a short period.

Cmon sweetheart you know I'm not an IU fan. I've quite enjoyed them being shit my entire life pretty much too.

The people that don't consider UCLA a blue blood are morons too. To me they are either second or third best team all time. If you wanna rank em first b/c of the titles I'd understand though. Even with a bad 2010s they've been to 4 final fours in the 21st century and won a title in 95.

Cmon sweetheart you know I'm not an IU fan. I've quite enjoyed them being shit my entire life pretty much too.

The people that don't consider UCLA a blue blood are morons too. To me they are either second or third best team all time. If you wanna rank em first b/c of the titles I'd understand though. Even with a bad 2010s they've been to 4 final fours in the 21st century and won a title in 95.
I know ur a uk fan thats why i said nice troll attempt i guess. Do u really consider IU a blueblood? If so we can agree to disagree.

And im with you on ucla but ive seen many argue it the other way.

I know ur a uk fan thats why i said nice troll attempt i guess. Do u really consider IU a blueblood? If so we can agree to disagree.

And im with you on ucla but ive seen many argue it the other way.
I'm butting in lol. I think you guys are in the lower 10. But after IU its real close between the non blue bloods. Once your all's mess is cleaned up nice and tidy, you guys should start moving up. I think its harder to crack in there now. I'm guessing 5 ships gets you in and regular sweet 16/8 appearances.

Blue bloods are not modern best, but over time. Once teams pass IU's success, then they'll drop out or the list will be expanded.

I think once you're in, you're in. Its kind of like an hof coach. No matter how miserable they continue with their career, they still reached that level.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm butting in lol. I think you guys are in the lower 10. But after IU its real close between the non blue bloods. Once your all's mess is cleaned up nice and tidy, you guys should start moving up. I think its harder to crack in there now. I'm guessing 5 ships gets you in and regular sweet 16/8 appearances.
Oh i dont really care if historically we are viewed above or below them. I just dont consider either of us blue bloods. Uk unc duke kansas ucla is my list.

hell id have uconn over indiana despite their lack of history. But personally i dont much care what happened in the 20s-50s when they pssed the ball around the whole game and games ended in single digits. But i realize thats just my opinion/view.

Oh i dont really care if historically we are viewed above or below them. I just dont consider either of us blue bloods. Uk unc duke kansas ucla is my list.

hell id have uconn over indiana despite their lack of history. But personally i dont much care what happened in the 20s-50s when they pssed the ball around the whole game and games ended in single digits. But i realize thats just my opinion/view.
Yeah...I think UCLA should be in there, but no Indiana. They made the most of their title opportunities, but that’s about the only box they check. In most of the other criteria, they’re well behind the others. Plus, obviously, they’ve done very little over the last three decades.

Like you said, if Indiana’s in, then I think you have to bring UConn into the convo, especially since their success is more recent. But I don’t see either as deserving right now.

I don’t think that ancient history should be dismissed though. It should all be considered. Past teams can’t help that the game has changed. If they were among the elite given the rules of the day, that’s what matters. And it sucks that there wasn’t a tourney until ‘39, but teams that were great prior need to be considered.

I do think that modern tourney games should be weighed more heavily than the early tourneys though. It shouldn’t be viewed as equal to a modern era tourney championship when you only had to win a few games and were able to avoid many of the best teams.

UCONN had success under one coach
IU has had success with multiple coaches.

IU’s biggest problem is their history. Someone has to win early there. We will see what happens with their coaching staff.

But Indiana has more than just Bobby Knight.

UCONN had success under one coach
IU has had success with multiple coaches.

IU’s biggest problem is their history. Someone has to win early there. We will see what happens with their coaching staff.

But Indiana has more than just Bobby Knight.

They literally won titles under two coaches last decade you derp.

You can say that
But to most that was still Jim Calhoun’s program. Reason why Ollie was fired.

UCONN hedged that with joining the Big East.
Could have been leaving the Big East.

UConn wanted to join the ACC but the higher ups went with Syracuse and Pittsburgh. No other P5 conference showed interest in them.

You can say that
But to most that was still Jim Calhoun’s program. Reason why Ollie was fired.

UCONN hedged that with joining the Big East.
Could have been leaving the Big East.

You can keep moving goalposts if you'd like. You said Indiana did it under multiple coaches while UConn did it under one. They won two titles last decade by two different coaches. That is fact, no matter how terrible of a coach Ollie was.

Reactions: 829305
You can keep moving goalposts if you'd like. You said Indiana did it under multiple coaches while UConn did it under one. They won two titles last decade by two different coaches. That is fact, no matter how terrible of a coach Ollie was.

You cannot even understand basic causation.
This is why sometimes arguing with people about stupid shit is a waste of my tine
Jim Calhoun was the coach and he left a program with Kevin Ollie. The point is you can put every single coach in their history before Ollie and that NC wouldn’t happen.
Kevin Ollie deserves some credit but that was Calhoun’s program because of the players.

You cannot even understand basic causation.
This is why sometimes arguing with people about stupid shit is a waste of my tine
Jim Calhoun was the coach and he left a program with Kevin Ollie. The point is you can put every single coach in their history before Ollie and that NC wouldn’t happen.
Kevin Ollie deserves some credit but that was Calhoun’s program because of the players.
Do you run this theory for Tubby's title but it was actually Pitino that served it up?

I get what you're saying.

ADVERTISEMENT