ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

And not gonna get him either.
We taking bets on the excuse if he doesnt?

Cal reached out, thats off the table.

Ill go with he dont want to share the limelight with OT and the rest of UKs stacked frontcourt.

Or the classic “uk just isnt for everyone”

i bet askew transfers out mid season.
Thats why he should do it now and i dont think hed have to sit.

i will say if he can Soldier thru this year, he should get the keys next year.......unless beard kills recruiting a stud pg or gets one out the portal again.

"Got outbid"
Is it still and excuse if its true?

Lurk got me At least walkin a mile in someone elses shoes, toeing the bbn line on kofi, just bc he made alot of sense. I can see it both ways at least, where at first not so much, just seemed like the classic sour grapes responses we always hear from everybody like didnt want him anyways, or not good wnough anyways or not a good fit Or any of the million excuses all fans of all schools use when they lose a recruit to another school.

@Kevin Bryan

We also got a commit from curry. Batting avg pretty good still.

i know getting the 8th ranked juco doesnt hardly move the needle, but u called it 😉 i think it was you.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
If I had to guess it would be Carr to Texas, Duren to Memphis, Kofi to UK.
With curry to UL ur gonna be at least .500

hopeful .750

It is kind of funny that damn near everyone has to walk back the Kofi stuff, sans @Archetype19 and how confident everyone was he was UK bound, myself included, and it turns out he an cal never talked (allegedly)

Which i can believe he used uk to keep his name hot, same way carr did us and uk and ku. Had kofi jist returned and not hit the portal, non illini fans are talkingg about it for a few days, then on to the next. Enter the portal and pick UK as the only possible transfer destination besides returning, and we talk about him non stop for weeks.

Lurk had to open my eyes, but it really is marketing genius. Plus it just makes him that more revered by Illini fans bc “he turned down the number 1 program in college history bc he loves it here so much” when truthfully it might have been the other way around, UK might not have chose him.

I'm super curious about Curry, really hope he works out for LOU
Thanks, i really like what little ive heard and seen from his game. Seems like an old school bruiser, who loves to dunk, so whats not to like.

Plus he will Hopefully give us the flexibility of working wheeler and williams back slowly from their injuries. And keep withers at the 4 spot, which is his natural position anyways. Im pretty high on our front court.

I havent seen the back court players much if any. If El Ellis is as good as some say, i think we are being under rated, seeing as how some have us outside the top 45.

Guess its gonna be alot of wait and see, not just for us but for alot of schools with this transfer madness.

Reactions: KisteK

Transferred from LSU, although he never played a game with them. Was 3rd Team All-Conference in the Mountain West while at San Jose State.

BYU's lineup is starting to look legit, like a borderline top 25 team. Pope is bringing in 5 new scholarship players next year, and all 5 players are black. Pretty sure that's a first in program history lol.

Last edited:

Transferred from LSU, although he never played a game with them. Was 3rd Team All-Conference in the Mountain West while at San Jose State.

BYU's lineup is starting to look legit, like a borderline top 25 team. Pope is bringing in 5 new scholarship players next year, and all 5 players are black. Pretty sure that's a first in program history lol.
He's white enough to pull it off.

xsfc6J6qyWhKILI8OboIrhAOfh2aaY9M5G3i0r1v_4inzOcqZkw9xQySs5Snm_qt9ZJEapd7TeHBZBMbHO74C9ZS7rLfET9ncRvrLkrT_UhIOrXJjp2Y

Reactions: dukedevilz
Your non-sources had a pretty good call on this one.
My sources per se, are influential. aka owners. They tend to like me and when we're eating in the box seats at FedEx, they like to hear my thoughts, and same with me with them.

I came in as a dumb Kentuckian and played that angle for a while, but they eventually saw through it.

*either way, it's nice to have others perspectives/info.

Bates....hahahaha Lets see what they do with a loaded stack of talent and finally a coach on the bench (Brown)

Last edited:
I would take Mark Williams over Michigan's Dickinson for instance in a heartbeat. I don't see Dickinson's defensive limitations being fixed in the offseason while I can see Mark really improving his offensive game over the summer to go along with his rim protection/defensive instincts.

Here’s our bet:

I’ll make a one month avatar bet that Dickinson finishes above Williams in Kenpom’s POY rating, negated if either player misses more than 25% of their teams games.

Someone at work said that they heard on a radio show that Kentucky had 5 transfers on the court against Duke in crunch time. Nothing wrong with that, just weird how much things have changed in college sports.

Someone at work said that they heard on a radio show that Kentucky had 5 transfers on the court against Duke in crunch time. Nothing wrong with that, just weird how much things have changed in college sports.
Were they currently playing for UK?

I would take Mark Williams over Michigan's Dickinson for instance in a heartbeat. I don't see Dickinson's defensive limitations being fixed in the offseason while I can see Mark really improving his offensive game over the summer to go along with his rim protection/defensive instincts.

Mark

goose-egg-in-hand-over-straw-nest.jpg

Williams

Hah just saw this when I was looking at Sheriff's old posts about Askew & TyTy.

Harmon is deciding between Texas and Oregon.
With a chance he stays in Oklahoma.

I would guess Oregon.

I think Kentucky could be the team to beat, if they offered. But, I believe they are prioritizing Marcus Carr and TyTy Washington ahead of him.

Wrong all the way around
But expected

What I said...

1. Kentucky won't prioritize Harmon, because they're going after TyTy and Marcus Carr
2. Oregon is the most likely destination for Harmon

Wrong all the away around lol.

Hah just saw this when I was looking at Sheriff's old posts about Askew & TyTy.

What I said...

1. Kentucky won't prioritize Harmon, because they're going after TyTy and Marcus Carr
2. Oregon is the most likely destination for Harmon

Wrong all the away around lol.
Is it just me, or has he been very scarce around here lately?

Reactions: dukedevilz
It's been almost a month since he's posted. Perhaps this was him saying goodbye? I'm sure he'll reappear once Texas beats a top ten team or two.
They have a good team this year, I'm surprised he's not ran with it. Maybe if they beat KU?

Yea never have i seen someone act so informed be so dead fkin wrong on sooooooo many things. Hes got like a greatest hits list, coaching doesnt matter, nothing random happens in march. He was truly the gift that kept on giving.

And he wouldnt own a mistake or admit he was wrong if it was something as simple as misspelling a word 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT