ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Blue bloods are not modern best, but over time. Once teams pass IU's success, then they'll drop out or the list will be expanded.

I think once you're in, you're in. Its kind of like an hof coach. No matter how miserable they continue with their career, they still reached that level.
Na i cant jive with the once ur in ur in. We can agree to disagree. Lets say K retires and duke jist completely falls off, like barely making the tourney half the time falls off. They do that for a cwntury they still a blue blood in your eyes?

obv an extreme hypothetical.

Yeah...I think UCLA should be in there, but no Indiana. They made the most of their title opportunities, but that’s about the only box they check. In most of the other criteria, they’re well behind the others. Plus, obviously, they’ve done very little over the last three decades.

Like you said, if Indiana’s in, then I think you have to bring UConn into the convo, especially since their success is more recent. But I don’t see either as deserving right now.

I don’t think that ancient history should be dismissed though. It should all be considered. Past teams can’t help that the game has changed. If they were among the elite given the rules of the day, that’s what matters. And it sucks that there wasn’t a tourney until ‘39, but teams that were great prior need to be considered.

I do think that modern tourney games should be weighed more heavily than the early tourneys though. It shouldn’t be viewed as equal to a modern era tourney championship when you only had to win a few games and were able to avoid many of the best teams.
Yea man good post. The past certainly shouldnt be dismissed as i kinda alluded to. I jist dont personally care, just like i dont personally care if other fans view IU>UL or whatever.

Totally agree with tou about the modern era being weighed much much much more for all the reasons u mentioned and the period where thr NIT was a rivaling tourney, not an afterthought.

But personally i dont much care what happened in the 20s-50s when they pssed the ball around the whole game and games ended in single digits. But i realize thats just my opinion/view.
Half of Kentucky’s titles are from the 40s and 50s, ftr. Indiana only down 4-3 since then.

Half of Kentucky’s titles are from the 40s and 50s, ftr. Indiana only down 4-3 since then.
So they don't count? Why wasn't Indiana winning titles in the 40s and 50s? Also, if we're playing the time-framing game again, Kentucky is up 3-0 since the mid 90s.

Or we could just say this was the #1 song last time Indiana won a title:

So they don't count? Why wasn't Indiana winning titles in the 40s and 50s? Also, if we're playing the time-framing game again, Kentucky is up 3-0 since the mid 90s.

Or we could just say this was the #1 song last time Indiana won a title:
Fine. Just as long as you’re shitting on Indiana and not the movie Mannequin. 😉

I haven't heard anything about him. I don't see UK adding any more guards unless the injury/surgery to Fredrick is more serious than UK is letting on.

Cal when giving updates on expected player returns.

2qk1.gif

So...is Kentucky/Calipari even interested in Duren or nah? Or does that depend on Duren's decision too?

Duren is Memphis/pro from what the homeboard insider says. Not sure he's a good fit either with who UK has already, even if he's better than all of em.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You wonder where all the smoke originated

tumblr_mmgdrh0kS21rtgem1o1_400.gif

Duren is Memphis/pro from what the homeboard insider says. Not sure he's a good fit either with who UK has already, even if he's better than all of em.

I brought this up a while ago. It has seemed to be the thoughts down here for while.

IMO, Calipari has been fine with this lineup for a while, and Duren is too good to pass up, so when reclassification came into play, it had to be entertained.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Cockburn down to Illinois and FSU. I’ll believe FSU when I see it. Back to Illinois.
Welcome to our world, a hat on the table lol.

i dont think weve ever landed a guy who “decision reveal” just guys who commit on twitter and what not.

Even if I weren’t one and done it would be on the list.

Add in the new NIL stuff and that there are no state taxes in FL, it should get some consideration.
Very good points. Never considered how the way states tax could eventually affect recruits decisions.

The home board is saying we took a commit from sydney curry, which would seem crazy with carr set to visit and only 1 scholly left but who knows.

the whole carr recruitment was weird as far as how we got involved wothout anyone knowing it, so it was always seemed like a longshot regardless.

congrats tex?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT