ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

No surprise. Has been discussed for a while. Won't be the last. I think Pearl has been working him for months.

He would have really shined next year I think but young kids don't really see past this year, which is understandable.

Come to Louisville and plays 30 mpg assuming mr glass gets hurts for the 3rd season straight.

Wtf. Can't say that I blame him. Does that mean Day'Ron is coming back? If so, I will rest easy. If not, FVCK.

Reactions: AWilli6995
He still looks like a tall Grayson Allen to me. Would look great in a Duke uni.

Give Kessler some serious minutes and he'll be a breakout star. I honestly think he's better than Garrison Brooks right now.

I always thought sharper/Kessler were a better combo than brooks/bacot, just not the exp.

If sharpe comes back there really is something to Roy keeping his studs in school longer than anyone 😂

If sharpe comes back there really is something to Roy keeping his studs in school longer than anyone 😂

He's projected as the 24th pick in 2022 by nbadraft.net. I'm not sure it's that big of a deal if he stays.

Reactions: Villian07
Who wants to bet the AFAM U fans spin this as a positive or not a big deal. But I do recall their excitement for this kid for next year and the year after. Gee, wonder what happened.

Liars and cheaters are gonna lie and cheat.

Apparently very close to Justin Powell. Some people speculating they may go to the same place.

No surprise. Has been discussed for a while. Won't be the last. I think Pearl has been working him for months.

He would have really shined next year I think but young kids don't really see past this year, which is understandable.

Who else is leaving? Puff Johnson? And what do you think happens to Sharpe?

Not sure. A lot of rumors though. I think there were chemistry issues.

Kessler is just weird because most games he was really bad. It's a huge loss though. No denying that.

I hardly noticed him Friday night. And I watched our bigs get dominated all damn year.

Not sure. A lot of rumors though. I think there were chemistry issues.

Kessler is just weird because most games he was really bad. It's a huge loss though. No denying that.

He has a ton of potential and when he was good he was really good. But he also disappeared a lot throughout the year. I thought he got the minutes he earned but was excited to see him get more going forward. Sucks that he is leaving.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Kessler came in as a stretch big and was buried behind a lesser player in Brooks and not allowed to shoot as promised. His game has always been a stretch big and it is what we promised to utilize him as. This was a failure to give the kid a chance to show what he does. It sucks he is leaving. He could have been great for UNC. Though, if we did utilize him properly he likely would be going to the NBA right now anyways. So whatever.

Brooks literally punched a kid in a game this year and was clearly pouting and in a bad mood a lot this year. I assume chemistry issues surely existed for this team. I just have an odd feeling many of it might come back to Brooks as the reasoning.

I think he could have shot at times but didn't. When he shot from outside he seldom even came close. Now, did he not shoot because Roy didn't want him to or did he miss because he was worried he would be yanked or did he just not have confidence? Who knows but he was a flat out terrible shooter in the small sample size we saw.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Yes, multiple transfers have been expected for a bit. It's just a question of how many. Roy has avoided this for most of his career. Not this year, baby.

Just feels like its time for a reset.
Man, sure. Especially if there are chemistry issues, which seems obvious. But, this group has top 5 talent if they all returned. That's obviously not going to be the case though. Kind of a shame.

Roys staring at a total rebuild IMO. Hard to see him taking on that task at this point

Im not saying to fire him. I think he walks away. Times have changed

I think he definitely doesn't like the way things are going in college basketball but it isn't changing.

I think love is gone for sure. I'd expect the nba but he was always a duke fan and they allow transfers in conference now...

IMO, it is understandable only if the kid clearly already has the goods for the next level. Don’t know if that applies to Kessler or not.

Love played his best against Duke. Was pretty bad most of the year outside of those two games. Problem is he isn't a PG.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT