ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Did you click my spoiler above? Any thoughts?

Haha no I didn't see that. Looks like we have similar rankings, at least at the top.

I have Justin Powell as my #5 transfer and ESPN doesn't have him in their top 24. I think he'll have a monster sophomore campaign.

I'm not nearly as high on Adam Miller as ESPN is. I have him at #35, while ESPN ranks him as the #7 transfer. Didn't see every Illinois game, but I was never sold on him. A new role and coach can sometimes do wonders, however. Overall, those rankings look pretty fair to me.

Edit: Looks like they also missed Quincy Guerrier, my #6 transfer. Okay, so two pretty big misses on ESPN's part, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I forget Guerrier's style, is he more of a big strong kid or athletic flying around? Last year the Ducks were flying around.

Haha no I didn't see that. Looks like we have similar rankings, at least at the top.

I have Justin Powell as my #5 transfer and ESPN doesn't have him in their top 24. I think he'll have a monster sophomore campaign.

I'm not nearly as high on Adam Miller as ESPN is. I have him at #35, while ESPN ranks him as the #7 transfer. Didn't see every Illinois game, but I was never sold on him. A new role and coach can sometimes do wonders, however. Overall, those rankings look pretty fair to me.

Powell is gonna be interesting to see for sure. He was really really good in non conference play, then was awful in a couple SEC games and didn't play the rest of the year. Tennessee is like his 6th school in the last 5 years I believe which is kind of wild (counting HS obviously).

Edit: Looks like they also missed Quincy Guerrier, my #6 transfer. Okay, so two pretty big misses on ESPN's part, IMO.
Agree on Powell. Really wish UK would've prioritized him over Fredrick.

Reactions: dukedevilz
“Agree on Powell. Really wish UK would've prioritized him over Fredrick.“

Ditto def rather have him than either of the guard we got to transfer in but hopefully they prove me wrong.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I've said this before, but I'm super happy Cal has prioritized shooting.

If I ever seen a packed lane against UK again, it'll be too soon.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
This takes me back to Hopkins, Houston, and Lofton debates.
Do you mean Hopson? UK already had Meeks and added Liggins and Miller in that class. Hopson wasn't all that great until his junior year anyway. Lofton was just a late bloomer. Can't fault Tubby for taking Rondo, Crawford, Bradley and Sparks as they were all significantly better at the time. Houston was never coming to UK once UT hired his dad as their HC.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Powell is gonna be interesting to see for sure. He was really really good in non conference play, then was awful in a couple SEC games and didn't play the rest of the year. Tennessee is like his 6th school in the last 5 years I believe which is kind of wild (counting HS obviously).

The kid won’t finish his career at UT. Can’t see Barnes putting up with Powell’s dad on a day to day basis. Great talent and played good against weaker teams, but no one was really sad to see him leave.

The kid won’t finish his career at UT. Can’t see Barnes putting up with Powell’s dad on a day to day basis. Great talent and played good against weaker teams, but no one was really sad to see him leave.
Since everybody is leaving wherever they are after 1 year most the time prolly shouldn't get sad no matter who it is.

But I get what you're saying.

Reactions: olsonab
You think UK dodged a bullet and UK is better off with Fredrick? You called Barbee's inaptitude.

You think UK dodged a bullet and UK is better off with Fredrick? You called Barbee's inaptitude.
You dont have to be nostradamus to know barbee sucked. Look at his W/L as a HC.

Really cals whole coching tree kinda sucks for a HOF coach. Guess he keeps all those developmental secrets to himself 😉

Kofi withdraws. Congrats UK fans.

Wonder if we will be a hat of the table for him as well😂

I definitely think Powell is talented enough with his size to be a star, but I also think he can just as easily fizzle out and change schools again. His size for a guard and shooting ability is extremely mesmerizing. There’s a reason he’s on his 6th school in 7 years, though.

As far as UK goes, I think you all definitely took the better option of the two when everything like team chemistry, cohesiveness etc gets factored in. Powell has more upside, but you all have more than enough firepower and star players without him. He wouldn’t be happy not being the man…

Was gonna say, that starting 5 for KU looks pretty solid. Top 5 team pre season right?
I’m hoping that Braun comes off the bench and Yesufu starts. If there’s an open competition, I’d expect him to win pretty easily unless Braun makes a big leap.

Should be a high-scoring team. Wish they had a legit rim protector though.

I’m hoping that Braun comes off the bench and Yesufu starts. If there’s an open competition, I’d expect him to win pretty easily unless Braun makes a big leap.

Should be a high-scoring team. Wish they had a legit rim protector though.
Braun may be your glue guy. May be better for the team to bring Yesufu off bench for game changing upside. These are good "problems' to have...

I definitely think Powell is talented enough with his size to be a star, but I also think he can just as easily fizzle out and change schools again. His size for a guard and shooting ability is extremely mesmerizing. There’s a reason he’s on his 6th school in 7 years, though.

As far as UK goes, I think you all definitely took the better option of the two when everything like team chemistry, cohesiveness etc gets factored in. Powell has more upside, but you all have more than enough firepower and star players without him. He wouldn’t be happy not being the man…
One of thing Cal doesn't want, is a selfish player. He won't recruit them. He's very specific in what he tells them. They have a role in the framework of a team. I think UK fans will like Frederick. Not as athletic but he can shoot and isn't soft.

There were a lot of UK fans upset we didn’t try to get Powell too. But we were warned by our insiders there was some baggage.

Reed Shepherd is another one we all want but it doesn’t look like our staff is going to give him any more than token interest unless he really blows up. think there’s some issues there between his Dad, UK and Cal. Unfortunate because Sheps kid is going to be a good one and probably play multiple years somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT