ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Man ive been dead wrong on cal’s finals fours. My bad. I confused knoght, not being the number one pick with being the number one recruit. Also forgot camby went second behind Iverson. So my bad on that.

reports saying Carr is choosing Texas. Goodness Beard is creating a juggernaut and teabagging everyone. Texas will be no less than a top 3 preseason favorite
Are the reports that he’s choosing Texas after dropping Louisville and that’s where he’ll go if he returns to college? Or is it being reported that he’s picking Texas over the pro thing in Australia or wherever?

Even with Antigua and Coleman, Kofi would rather play for Underwood.

Without No. 1 picks on his teams Cal looks average.

Duren is about to pass on Kentucky for Miami or Memphis lol

Y'all literally just lost in the second round as a 1 seed. Should sit out the underachieving talk.

Y'all literally just lost in the second round as a 1 seed. Should sit out the underachieving talk.
Someone thought they were getting Kofi and is now upset. Lol

If you aren’t smart enough to see Cal isn’t as good without elite NBA talent, I don’t know what to tell you.

99% of coaches would’ve been successful with Davis, Wall, Cousins, KAT, Bam, Fox types.

It’s not a knock on Cal because at the end of the day he gets them to campus.

Someone thought they were getting Kofi and is now upset. Lol

If you aren’t smart enough to see Cal isn’t as good without elite NBA talent, I don’t know what to tell you.

99% of coaches would’ve been successful with Davis, Wall, Cousins, KAT, Bam, Fox types.

It’s not a knock on Cal because at the end of the day he gets them to campus.

Nope, try again. Didn't think UK needed Kofi but you never say no to an All American. Said it on the homeboard when it first happened. Oscar Tshiebwe isn't as good but they are very similar players, having two guys who can only play the 5 would kill floor spacing.

Also, Kentucky made the final four playing Josh Harrelson 30 minutes a game. They had no elite NBA talent on that roster.

Your coach had elite college talent and couldn't get out of the first weekend. Losing your best guard won't help that either.

Reactions: KisteK
Nope, try again. Didn't think UK needed Kofi but you never say no to an All American. Said it on the homeboard when it first happened. Oscar Tshiebwe isn't as good but they are very similar players, having two guys who can only play the 5 would kill floor spacing.

Also, Kentucky made the final four playing Josh Harrelson 30 minutes a game. They had no elite NBA talent on that roster.

Your coach had elite college talent and couldn't get out of the first weekend. Losing your best guard won't help that either.
Yes, UK passed on a dude who will average 20 and 10. Lol

One final four doesn’t change the facts. Sorry, you are so emotional about it.

Illinois will be top 10 all year barring injuries, not worried in the slightest.

He has a legal visit with Louisville this weekend and had an illegal visit with Texas staff in Austin during this week.
Jesus you Tech tards just aren’t bright. He’d already signed his financial aid papers. Nothing was illegal.

Glad I listened to my Dad’s sage advice: “Son, either get your grades up or get your guns up.”

Yes, UK passed on a dude who will average 20 and 10. Lol

One final four doesn’t change the facts. Sorry, you are so emotional about it.

Illinois will be top 10 all year barring injuries, not worried in the slightest.

Reading comprehension is hard I know, but I didn't say anywhere that UK passed on him. I said I didn't think he was a good fit but you don't say no if he did want to come. I'm not emotional about anything. Always interesting to see fans of average programs lash out at Cal though.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Jesus you Tech tards just aren’t bright. He’d already signed his financial aid papers. Nothing was illegal.

Glad I listened to my Dad’s sage advice: “Son, either get your grades up or get your guns up.”
Aggie joke, you must enjoy cock as much as Beards fiancé did in college.

He was hosted during the dead period and there’s plenty of pictures out there to prove it. Signed financial aid or not, coaches can’t do that.

They wear a checkmark, aka ncaa immunity.

Plus im pretty sure the interest Louisville was just to keep people talking bc our home boarders were suprised we even made the list, then super surprised when we were one of two supposed to get a visit.

Dont get me wrong we would have loved to have him and quite frankly needed him much more than texas who returned their starting backcourt plus added askew but whatever, carrs better than all of them imo. They should be effin stacked to say the least.

They gettin into UK territory From the aspect of where are the mins coming from. I mean beards gonna have to get brock over 1 min a game or brock gonna skin him alive and where his skin like a suit and be a player/coach

They literally got umass, minn, and vandys best player from the portal. Im not totally sure that even shaka coulda got this roster to the second weekend.

But its pretty much been texas from the start for carr. Tex and uk, tex and bama, then his list tex, KU(where he def wasnt goong bc they got remy martin trying to do the exact same thing as carr, probe he can play point in the nba and is more than an undersized scorer), UK, and Louisville (who prev had zero buzz regarding carr granted im just a fan)

I guess sherriff died via dehydration due to unstoppable orgasm????? Idk he was right tho. Something bout broken clocks 😂

in all seriousness hope all is well with @SheriffBufordTJustice hes been mia for a few days.

Last edited:
I mean its not like it was just homeboard homers predicting kofi to UK though. There was legit buzz.

Also i know the tech fan was pissy about the picture with carr with the texas staff like that was illegal for some reason. So was cal even allowed to contact Kofi.

Just have a hard time believing a 2nd team all american was down to two schools, but the HC of school number two never reached out, implying he didnt want him?

I mean i obv dont know but that seems far fetched. But maybe hes got Duren in the bag for all i know. I just like how quickly he went from UK lock, to cal never even reached out to him.

I mean its not like it was just homeboard homers predicting kofi to UK though. There was legit buzz.

Also i know the tech fan was pissy about the picture with carr with the texas staff like that was illegal for some reason. So was cal even allowed to contact Kofi.

Just have a hard time believing a 2nd team all american was down to two schools, but the HC of school number two never reached out, implying he didnt want him?

I mean i obv dont know but that seems far fetched. But maybe hes got Duren in the bag for all i know. I just like how quickly he went from UK lock, to cal never even reached out to him.
Who knows, but if Calipari was chasing back channels we'll never know. He's had OT on campus for a while and clearly been chasing Duren. Kofi doesn't make sense. Again, it's all speculation at this point.

Kofi came out of left field and the media/posters ran with it. Nothing ever materialized. Hell most posters here, including UK fans wondered how'd he fit. Rumors down here, Penny....nvm. I'll say Gary Parrish has friends.

It coming out Calipari never talked to him or he ever visited wasn't an accident. It was calculated. Duren is a big deal.

Last edited:
Who knows, but if Calipari was chasing back channels we'll never know. He's had OT on campus for a while and clearly been chasing Duren. Kofi doesn't make sense. Again, it's all speculation at this point.

Kofi came out of left field and the media/posters ran with it. Nothing ever materialized. Hell most posters here, including UK fans wondered how'd he fit. Rumors down here, Penny....nvm. I'll say Gary Parrish has friends.

It coming out Calipari never talked to him or he ever visited wasn't an accident. It was calculated. Duren is a big deal.
U posted the post i quoted above. It wasnt just media, it was high level asst coaches(or dude was lying for clicks which is totally possible)

I just dont believe a 2nd team all american, whose got two former coaches on the UK staff. Enters the portal, lists UK as the only team he might transfer too, or stay at Illinois. And UK/Cal doesnt reach out, doesnt want him. Hell the buzz was so real ppl were saying in this very thread Duren wasnt even an option for UK anymore, it was memphis or pros. Now its cal passed up on even making a phone call to kofi in hopes of landing duren?

And if that was indeed the case why did it take so long for kofi to decide he was returning to Illinois. Surely he has a good enough relationship with AO or Chin to get in contact with them and learn that cal had no interest in reaching out to him. How is that a two week process. Also why even include UK in your list (of one) if your not even sure you have a scholly there.

I have no idea how any of it played out, but sounds like a bit of the ole “we didnt want him anyway” which might fly for some frosh. But a 2nd team all american???? Must be nice i guess.

I will say i agree that kofi didint make sense with OT on campus. But it was more of me, you, and basketball fan uk with that opinion.

And some argued the other way about all the success cal has had with two bigs. Plus adding depth and injury concerns etc.

I just dont get how whoever came with the “cal never reached out” cant just say well he picked Illinois, where he was at and already a star, and will play as many mins a game as he can. Instead of cal didnt want him anyways. Hell i know we all jist fans but ive read posts saying only reason cal hired chin was bc he was gonna bring kofi with him, and how tight AO and kofi were etc.

But hell maybe cal never did its notnlike im doing anything bit speculating on the speculation. But dam Most coaches would be on the hotseat if a second team all american listed them as one of two schools they were gonna play for next year, and the coach couldnt even be bothered to pick up the phone. Hell alot of coaches would have cut someone to make room of they were out of schollies. But few coaches have the talent And depth of UKs front court, so who knows.

i dont believe it for a second, but im biased as can be, and might be wrong as can be.

U posted the post i quoted above. It wasnt just media, it was high level asst coaches(or dude was lying for clicks which is totally possible)

I just dont believe a 2nd team all american, whose got two former coaches on the UK staff. Enters the portal, lists UK as the only team he might transfer too, or stay at Illinois. And UK/Cal doesnt reach out, doesnt want him. Hell the buzz was so real ppl were saying in this very thread Duren wasnt even an option for UK anymore, it was memphis or pros. Now its cal passed up on even making a phone call to kofi in hopes of landing duren?

And if that was indeed the case why did it take so long for kofi to decide he was returning to Illinois. Surely he has a good enough relationship with AO or Chin to get in contact with them and learn that cal had no interest in reaching out to him. How is that a two week process. Also why even include UK in your list (of one) if your not even sure you have a scholly there.

I have no idea how any of it played out, but sounds like a bit of the ole “we didnt want him anyway” which might fly for some frosh. But a 2nd team all american???? Must be nice i guess.
With NIL in place Kofi wanted the attention. It builds recognition. I don't know what else to say. As a rival, I understand your devil's advocate view. There's a Chicgo Tribune sports writer who's called this on twitter all along.

I will say i agree that kofi didint make sense with OT on campus. But it was more of me, you, and basketball fan uk.

But some argued the other way about all the success cal has had with two bigs. And depth and injury concerns etc.

I just dont get how some cant just say well he picked Illinois, where he was at and already a star, and will play as many mins a game as he can. Instead of cal didnt want him anyways. Hell i know we all jist fans but ive read posts saying only reason cal hired chin was bc he was gonna bring kofi with him, and how tight AO and kofi were etc.

But hell maybe cal never did. Most coaches would be on the hotseat if a second team all american listed them as one of two schools they were gonna play for next year, and coach couldnt even be bothered to pick up the phone. Hell alot of coaches would have cut someone to make room of they were out of schollies. But most coaches dont have the talent And depth of UKs front court.
First I heard of Kofi and OT being tight. OT receently had a media interview and he stubbled remembering Kofi's name on how he owned him. He was talking about owning Wiseman and ....what's his name...?

So whose a decent comp to Duren then. Ive seen it stated hed be the best player on the roster if he chose UK, which is a tall task.

Not sure what you're asking...and yeah Duren might very well be best player on the floor for most teams.

It makes sense for Calipari to not call, let his assistants do it when you got OT (which couldn't play together with Kofi) and Duren on the table.

I can see why rivals want to paint this as an excuse for losing him. It's convenient.

Reactions: Villian07
With NIL in place Kofi wanted the attention. It builds recognition. I don't know what else to say. As a rival, I understand your devil's advocate view. There's a Chicgo Tribune sports writer who's called this on twitter all along.
Thats cool. So he just listed UK to draw some buzz. After more thought, not much better of a way to get the illini fans to like him even more, if in their eyes he turned down blueblood UK to come back to illinois. Hell archtype or whatever called it from the start as well.

Thats feasible i feel like carr did the same thing to both of us.

Thats cool. So he just listed UK to draw some buzz. After more thought, not much better of a way to get the illini fans to like him even more, if in their eyes he turned down blueblood UK to come back to illinois. Hell archtype or whatever called it from the start as well.

Thats feasible i feel like carr did the same thing to both of us.
Look on twitter and UI fans are praising him for coming back. He's the next coming. He built his stock with NIL.

Reactions: Villian07
Not sure what you're asking...and yeah Duren might very well be best player on the floor for most teams.
Who would you compare Durans game to? Kat, cousins, or more athletic like jackson or WCS(jr version). Can he shoot from deep or do most of his work on the blocks?

He a bruiser or a stretch big, or both?

Look on twitter and UI fans are praising him for coming back. He's the next coming. He built his stock with NIL.
That actually is pretty genius and makes a whole lot of sense.

But on the other hand hard to blame the fans for getting excited, raises their ceiling big time. I know the lost ayo, and miller transfered, but i like Curbelos game, and obv kofi is a load down low. Dont know what else they got but those are two nice pieces to start with. They still got frazier too?

Who would you compare Durans game to? Kat, cousins, or more athletic like jackson or WCS(jr version). Can he shoot from deep or do most of his work on the blocks?
Honestly, none of those. Maybe Bam, or Dwight Howard with a better shot.

He still has to reclassify. However,if he reclassified prior to peach game he's be ineligible.

First I heard of Kofi and OT being tight. OT receently had a media interview and he stubbled remembering Kofi's name on how he owned him. He was talking about owning Wiseman and ....what's his name...?
We got crossed up somewhere. I was talking about Antigua and Kofi being tight, not OT.

I was in agreement with you in that i dont see how OT and Kofi could have played together.

If i said something about OT and Kofi being tight it was a typo, im not sure how theyd even know each other outside of seeing one another on espn.

Honestly, none of those. Maybe Bam, or Dwight Howard with a better shot.

He still has to reclassify. However,if he reclassified prior to peach game he's be ineligible.
Gd recruiting is stupid.

He has to wait to reclassify? Wtf i dont even wanna know the dumass rule behind that.

Think hes got embiid potential? Dwight howard with a better shot sounds scary AF from a rival perspective 😂 Sounds like Kat except explosive athletically as well, not to say kat isnt athletic but hes not super athletic imo, like id say wcs is more athletic alrhough obv nowhere near as good.

And yea that would make it very hard to compare him to anyone. Im struggling for sure.

You think hes as good or better than the mobley kid from USC. Or Ayton, theyve both got a pretty nice shot. Aytons more of a bruiser where mobleys more finesse.

Hell i can youtube him sometime Or something since we cant come up with a good comp.

Last edited:
Gd recruiting is stupid.

He has to wait to reclassify? Wtf i dont even wanna know the dumass rule behind that.
I follow recruiting a bit, but not like I used to. When they sign I'll pay more attention. It;s too fluid and exhausting to keep up with it.

I salute those that make money off their predictions and inside info.

I follow recruiting a bit, but not like I used to. When they sign I'll pay more attention. It;s too fluid and exhausting to keep up with it.

I salute those that make money off their predictions and inside info.
I know thats right, from the old days of losing recruits to the pros at the last min that no one had going pro like telfair, and amir johnson, to a commit going off in the mcdaa game so he turns pro to never be heard of again(smith maybe dont even remember dudes name), to a commit quiting high school his jr year to gonplay in isreal and never be heard of again (jeremy tyler) to the constant decommits, Im not on board till i see em in a jersey on the court. The rest is just speculation 😂

I dont salute those that make money gossiping about high school athletes. Esp when their predictions are about like the weathermans.

Pay me to travel the country to watch high school basketball games and decide who i think the best players are or the ones with potential. Plus the fluidity and constant “inside info” gives them more articles to type up for people to pay for so they can get the info 12 hrs sooner than the rest of us poors.

no offense to anyone who does it, but i can think of much much worse lots in life.

Reactions: Montana81
ADVERTISEMENT