ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Nvm apprently we had two open schollys despite having seemingly 15 players on the roster. Covid scholly stuff has me all messed up.

Suck it tex, carr could name his mins in Louisville and be THE focal point of our team.

Nvm apprently we had two open schollys despite having seemingly 15 players on the roster. Covid scholly stuff has me all messed up.

Suck it tex, carr could name his mins in Louisville and be THE focal point of our team.
Texas or UofL ... which gets more national TV exposure? Might have an impact.

Thats tough i mean they have their own network, but not sure that doesnt hurt them outside of texas idk.

Im not sure the advantages we have over texas like historical success and being a basketball school really matter so probably texas.

Idk i dont wanna sell us short but they sell soooooooooooo much gd merchandise and what not. Thats the real key here, the merch. Just some unbiased opinions

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Cisse and Bryce Thompson should look good next to some of our returning players. Plus the two other former 4* transfers that we already got.
Only major weakness right now is shooting. We do have about four potentially good shooters on the team though. Just need to reach their potential.

Reactions: CentralPoke
The home board is saying we took a commit from sydney curry, which would seem crazy with carr set to visit and only 1 scholly left but who knows.

the whole carr recruitment was weird as far as how we got involved wothout anyone knowing it, so it was always seemed like a longshot regardless.

congrats tex?
I liked Curry’s video. Was hoping Ham would offer. 6-8 260, reminds me of Gray. Congrats dammit.

Cisse and Bryce Thompson should look good next to some of our returning players. Plus the two other former 4* transfers that we already got.

I was super high on Cisse going into the year. But he was just blah at best. Interesting to see how he does with Y'all.

Reactions: CentralPoke
Even if I weren’t one and done it would be on the list.

Add in the new NIL stuff and that there are no state taxes in FL, it should get some consideration.
This is always something I wonder if athletes consider when signing contracts with California teams. The state and local taxes there are so excessive that the net from those contracts will be far less than it would be in other states (especially those with no state income tax). $13.3% state tax in CA for anything over $1M and 9.3% LA county/city tax. They are getting a quarter of your income right off the top and that's not even factoring in federal income tax.

This makes TT very interesting IMO. Top 20 potential
I like all the players we have brought in and what the coaches are doing. But, you just don't know what to expect from us. Everything is there for us to continue building the program, we just have to see if Adams can be successful as a HC at this level. TBD.

Reactions: duckboy33
I like all the players we have brought in and what the coaches are doing. But, you just don't know what to expect from us. Everything is there for us to continue building the program, we just have to see if Adams can be successful as a HC at this level. TBD.

Agreed. That's why I put potential. There's some talent and promise but some questions as well. Very interesting team.

Reactions: WestTexasRaider
I tried to warn you all. Was never happening to Kentucky.

Media guys bit on that hard though.

one of the illinois people has been posting on our board and is saying they even got mixed signals on what was actually going to happen. so unless you’re related to the kid or the kid himself i have a hard time believing you knew anymore than anyone else.

one of the illinois people has been posting on our board and is saying they even got mixed signals on what was actually going to happen. so unless you’re related to the kid or the kid himself i have a hard time believing you knew anymore than anyone else.
Right, if he was 100% on returning to Illinois then why enter the portal in the first place?

ahh yes. the blind squirrel is gassed again. good to see you have your confidence back after missing on antigua and coleman.

and i really didn’t buy in on kofi to kentucky. i always take that stuff with a grain of salt because 1. kids change their minds in the 11th hour all the time. and 2. like i said, unless you’re the kid or someone with a close relationship to them there’s no way you can know.

our mods on hob were confident but it was based mostly on the info one guy was feeding them and it was clear it wasn’t cockburn or anyone in his circle.

i’m gonna assume what happened was what makes the most sense. that he was genuinely looking around, had interest in UK because of antigua, and ultimately decided to go back to illinois once they told him what he wanted to hear.

congrats either way. he’s a hell of a player and keeps y’all in the hunt for the big 10 title.

ahh yes. the blind squirrel is gassed again. good to see you have your confidence back after missing on antigua and coleman.

and i really didn’t buy in on kofi to kentucky. i always take that stuff with a grain of salt because 1. kids change their minds in the 11th hour all the time. and 2. like i said, unless you’re the kid or someone with a close relationship to them there’s no way you can know.

our mods on hob were confident but it was based mostly on the info one guy was feeding them and it was clear it wasn’t cockburn or anyone in his circle.
Even with Antigua and Coleman, Kofi would rather play for Underwood.

Without No. 1 picks on his teams Cal looks average.

Duren is about to pass on Kentucky for Miami or Memphis lol

Can’t believe kids want to do that over NCAA with NIL money now and being all over ESPN.

But to each their own.
Agreed, especially the guys that are surefire lotto picks. You have a long career and a lot of NBA money ahead of you. Go be a kid and enjoy the college experience for a year.

Even with Antigua and Coleman, Kofi would rather play for Underwood.

Without No. 1 picks on his teams Cal looks average.

Duren is about to pass on Kentucky for Miami or Memphis lol

I’d say above average. 6 final fours. half of them featured #1 picks. but i agree there’s a really strong argument hes overrated. hes certainly overpaid.

I’d love to have duren. and it’s concerning we can actually legally pay these kids and somehow still apparently aren’t willing to do what it takes to beat out the likes of miami and memphis. but neither are any of the other major programs. miami hired one of his dudes. memphis has fed ex promising to pay him like he’s already in the league.

and you have to ask yourself, a kid like duren could be go anywhere and hes going to end up at miami or memphis. raises some red flags. suggests winning isn’t exactly a priority. seems like Cal was the only major player willing to even humor the notion of legitimately recruiting duren.

One of my beefs with him. he’s often overconfident.

I’d say above average. 6 final fours. half of them featured #1 picks. but i agree there’s a really strong argument hes overrated. hes certainly overpaid.

I’d love to have duren. and it’s concerning we can actually legally pay these kids and somehow still apparently aren’t willing to do what it takes to beat out the likes of miami and memphis. but neither are any of the other major programs. miami hired one of his dudes. memphis has fed ex promising to pay him like he’s already in the league.

and you have to ask yourself, a kid like duren could be go anywhere and hes going to end up at miami or memphis. raises some red flags. suggests winning isn’t exactly a priority. seems like Cal was the only major player willing to even humor the notion of legitimately recruiting duren.

One of my beefs with him. he’s often overconfident.
I was just talking shit man. I don’t actually think Cal is a bad coach lol

Cal does a good job meshing elite talent, he just has had a little bit of a rough patch identifying the top HS guys as of recently. He should get back to his usual with Shaedon Sharpe, Brandon Miller and Skyy Clark in 2022.

I’d agree Miami would be a weird choice winning wise, but they do have his old coach. Memphis actually has a good roster especially when compared to their weaker conference.

ADVERTISEMENT