ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I get the angle you’re trying to us for clout “hail only has 1 point” but because I’m nice I’ll compile a list for you.

-Illinois hasn’t made it past the NCAA Tournament round of 32 since 2005. Madden 2006 on PlayStation 2 was the number one selling game that year.

-Illinois hasn’t won the Big Ten since 2005.

-Illinois wasn’t able to make the Sweet 16 with the National Player of the Year (Ayo) and a generational talent (Kofi).

-Juwan Howard has coached one season with a tournament and has 3 NCAA Tournament wins. The entire Illinois program has 3 NCAA Tournament wins since 2006,

-Brad Underwood has been coaching for years and has as many career tournament wins as Howard.

Don’t tempt me with a good time.
Give us heights and stars

One note.

You're like a Yankees fan pointing to the championships except it's an E8 run that featured one of the most favorable paths you could ask for that ended in a loss to an 11 seed. Pretty amusing.

“Just an Elite 8”.

We won as many games this tournament as the entire (upswinging) Illinois program has in 15 seasons. That’s amusing, too.

How old were you the last time Illinois even made a Sweet 16?

When your school hero is an epic choker like Lou Henson you tend to not put as much emphasis on tournament success and more on random regular season wins nobody else cares about.

“Just an Elite 8”.

We won as many games this tournament as the entire (upswinging) Illinois program has in 15 seasons. That’s amusing, too.

Not only that but we didn’t have Isiah fvcking livers which conveniently he always leaves out

We won the Big Ten and made the Elite 8 without arguably our best player and at worst 2nd best player

Good times

“Just an Elite 8”.

One note.

I can’t imagine needing to try to have the same argument you’ve had so many times this badly.

I literally just provided you several. I can again if you can’t find that post.
You just don’t get that I’m pointing out how desperate you are to have this argument. You’re arguing against it by proving my point.

Yes. You try to dunk on Howard routinely but come up short. Luckily we have more material to work with when shitting on Illinois.
There’s plenty of material to dunk on Howard with, but then you risk hearing you go on repeat.

I've landed plenty, but if you're delusional enough to think winning games against 208, 24, and 15 KenPom teams trumps everything, I could see where you'd struggle with the concept.

I said don’t tempt me with a good time and you lay this one over the center of the plate for me?

Illinois tournament wins since 2006:
Kenpom 29 (2011)
Kenpom 45 (2013)
Kenpom 158 (2021)

Juwan Howard tournament wins since 2020/21:
Kenpom 15 (2021)
Kenpom 24 (2021)
Kenpom 208 (2021)

Based on what we have heard about the Freshman, Akins will have a more consistent role than Brooks. I’m not shocked by that, Akins played a much higher level of competition in high school and has shown even then he really competes on the defensive end.

3 Sleeps until MD IOWA Gents-would love the Terps be 5-0 before being crushed by Ohio State next week.

I said don’t tempt me with a good time and you lay this one over the center of the plate for me?

Illinois tournament wins since 2006:
Kenpom 29 (2011)
Kenpom 45 (2013)
Kenpom 158 (2021)

Juwan Howard tournament wins since 2020/21:
Kenpom 15 (2021)
Kenpom 24 (2021)
Kenpom 208 (2021)
That's cool.

NCAA tournament is about draws. You got the easiest of the 1 seeds. We faced the best defense in the field in round 2. You faced 212th, 124th, and 33rd. You won two more games, but it doesn't speak the volume that you're trying to claim it does just because it has a label.

Reactions: all4theillini
That's cool.

NCAA tournament is about draws. You got the easiest of the 1 seeds. We faced the best defense in the field in round 2. You faced 212th, 124th, and 33rd. You won two more games, but it doesn't speak the volume that you're trying to claim it does just because it has a label.
You lost to a bunch of Ben Afflecks. I’m still not over our 2nd round loss to ****ing UNLV in 2007 as a 2 seed. I can’t imagine losing in that round as a 1 seed. I’d probably end it if that ever happened. Yore a brave man.

I certainly wouldn’t be shit talking if we did what you guys did. ;)

You lost to a bunch of Ben Afflecks. I’m still not over our 2nd round loss to ****ing UNLV in 2007 as a 2 seed. I can’t imagine losing in that round as a 1 seed. I’d probably end it if that ever happened. Yore a brave man.

It's not talking shit. I'm not disparaging their success. Hail wants to pretend that their accomplishments are more than they are, and when you put it in perspective, it's not as impressive as he wants us all to believe. Of course, admitting that is a problem for someone that's drowning in insecurity, so he'll never say it.

I'm able to say that Michigan had a better tournament. It's not that complicated. I'd have taken 2 more wins over an early exit. I'll take the conference season and conference tournament though and so did the committee.

It's not talking shit. I'm not disparaging their success. Hail wants to pretend that their accomplishments are more than they are, and when you put it in perspective, it's not as impressive as he wants us all to believe. Of course, admitting that is a problem for someone that's drowning in insecurity, so he'll never say it.

I'm able to say that Michigan had a better tournament. It's not that complicated. I'd have taken 2 more wins over an early exit. I'll take the conference season and conference tournament though and so did the committee.

It’s not so much our accomplishments being anything amazing. Trust me we played for two titles this decade. It’s that it’s hilarious seeing you troll Juwan when he has accomplished as many tournament wins in his first tournament as Illinois has in 15 years.

How old were the last time Illinois made it past the round of 32? You can’t keep blaming that on draws.

That's cool.

Haha blaming 3 tournament wins in 15 years on draws?

You guys had a national player of the year (Ayo) AND a generational talent (Kofi). Blaming a round of 32 choke on a bad draw is funny.

Haha blaming 3 tournament wins in 15 years on draws?

You guys had a national player of the year (Ayo) AND a generational talent (Kofi). Blaming a round of 32 choke on a bad draw is funny.
Did I say that? Again, your ability to put words in the mouths of others knows no bounds. Of course, it's your go to tactic after all. Must be fun to get called out for it by multiple people in one day.

It’s not so much our accomplishments being anything amazing. Trust me we played for two titles this decade. It’s that it’s hilarious seeing you troll Juwan when he has accomplished as many tournament wins in his first tournament as Illinois has in 15 years.

How old were the last time Illinois made it past the round of 32? You can’t keep blaming that on draws.
Ah, standard Hail post. You get the words put in your mouth and then you get repetitive posts of you putting words in your own mouth. Then you follow it up with a standard line. It's funny and pathetic at the same time.

Reactions: all4theillini

That’s my entire point. He cheers for a program that has 3 total wins in 15 seasons. Michigan won 3 in a single tournament.

Did I say that? Again, your ability to put words in the mouths of others knows no bounds. Of course, it's your go to tactic after all. Must be fun to get called out for it by multiple people in one day.

Did you say that tournaments are all about draws? Yes you did.

Ah, standard Hail post. You get the words put in your mouth and then you get repetitive posts of you putting words in your own mouth. Then you follow it up with a standard line. It's funny and pathetic at the same time.

Day drinking?

Did you say that tournaments are all about draws? Yes you did.
Did I say that Illinois' past failures were about draws? No, I did not.

If you can't understand that, I don't think there's any point in continuing this conversation. It's already difficult enough to argue with someone that constantly argues in bad faith, but to not be able to comprehend something that simple? C'mon.

Last edited:
If he hadn’t stated multiple times on the board that she died in a car accident I wouldn’t have posted it, but a lot of posters already knew he tragically lost a child.
Well, I had put him on ignore by the time he started talking about that. That’s still not the same as naming him and posting the obit with her name.

At least Alando Tucker has redeemed himself at Wisconsin.
facts-t-hose-are-the-facts.gif

Did I say that Illinois' past failures were about draws? No, I did not.

If you can't understand that, I don't think there's any point in continuing this conversation. It's already difficult enough to argue with someone that constantly argues in bad faith, but to not be able to comprehend something that simple? C'mon.

Illinois: 3 NCAA Tournament wins since 2006
Michigan: 3 NCAA Tournament wins in 2021

You’re right, it’s pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT