ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now 37 years old, Alex Smith was the #1 overall NFL draft the last time Illinois made it to a Sweet 16.

706-B4-FBF-6-ACC-40-E3-AB32-961-AEF769-A6-C.jpg

YouTube is launched in 2005 just in time to provide us of 15 years of Illinois highlights following their last Sweet 16.

AECAD7-EC-43-F9-4001-972-B-7-CF3497-E2-CE3.jpg

In July 2005, in one of the company's first major Internet purchases, News Corporation purchased Myspace for US$580 million. At the time of the acquisition, the company was seeing 16 million monthly users and growing exponentially.

This will come as a surprise to some but that was the last year Illinois won more than one NCAA Tournament game.

7-E136-D53-F117-4-F4-B-B780-DC8-FD2899-F77.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Ingersol
Post what was happening last time Juwan beat Underwood
You know your constant posting of this largely irrelevant fact is why we are subjected to pages of Hail spewing the same shit over and over and over, right?

We finally got insiders today be able to see a practice today so we got some notes on the team. Thought I’d share a little.

Hoggard is down 20 pounds. Playing much quicker. Hopefully that can help him defensively, which was where I think he struggled more than the offensive end.

They seem to be pretty high on Christie. Really comfortable handling the ball for 6’6 and is really solid shooting inside and out. Physically filled out more so than highschool though he’s still slim.

Freshman Pierre Brooks, who I have been notably very high on, seems to not be as ready as I had hoped. He was the one guy they said needed to get quicker, right now he would struggle with the pace of the game in college. If he’s not ready that sucks for our wing depth, though apparently we are going to run Malik Hall at the 3 some.

Grain of salt this all might be bullshit and proved wrong. I was just pretty happy we finally got guys able to see our practices again.

We finally got insiders today be able to see a practice today so we got some notes on the team. Thought I’d share a little.

Hoggard is down 20 pounds. Playing much quicker. Hopefully that can help him defensively, which was where I think he struggled more than the offensive end.

They seem to be pretty high on Christie. Really comfortable handling the ball for 6’6 and is really solid shooting inside and out. Physically filled out more so than highschool though he’s still slim.

Freshman Pierre Brooks, who I have been notably very high on, seems to not be as ready as I had hoped. He was the one guy they said needed to get quicker, right now he would struggle with the pace of the game in college. If he’s not ready that sucks for our wing depth, though apparently we are going to run Malik Hall at the 3 some.

Grain of salt this all might be bullshit and proved wrong. I was just pretty happy we finally got guys able to see our practices again.
Great homoboard material. Thanks for the change up!

I don’t know how closely you pay attention to baseball, but they’re almost certainly going to have to play the best team in baseball with the best pitcher in the second half in the wild card game. They won’t be favored.
I follow just enough, mainly just the brewers and the NL to see who they'll have to play. The brewers are in the best spot to get to the championship series at least. After that it gets tough. SF/LA/SL are not going to be easy outs.

I’m still pretty mind boggled the reds extended Bell in the middle of a pretty catastrophic collapse. The Cards would have caught them anyways because of this insane run, but that second WC appeared to be theirs to lose for a while. I guess losing Winker was just terrible timing too

Reactions: otte21
I’m still pretty mind boggled the reds extended Bell in the middle of a pretty catastrophic collapse. The Cards would have caught them anyways because of this insane run, but that second WC appeared to be theirs to lose for a while. I guess losing Winker was just terrible timing too

The Reds slide coincided with their schedule getting significantly easier with something like 30 games vs the Pirates, Marlins, Cubs and Nationals. Had they simply gone .500 in those games they’d be a game behind the Cards even with their 17 game winning streak. Mind boggling they extended Bell but then again the ownership tried to punt on the season before it started by giving away their BP.

Dude is the worst. I don’t know one reds fan that supported the decision to extend him.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Dude is the worst. I don’t know one reds fan that supported the decision to extend him.
I get the bullpen was meh---Winker getting hurt sucked. But still. I've never liked Bell. And IMO, my Reds had the talent to not only get in, but win the division. I think I saw where the blew leads 22 times after the 7th inning.

Yikes.

Reactions: otte21
The Reds slide coincided with their schedule getting significantly easier with something like 30 games vs the Pirates, Marlins, Cubs and Nationals. Had they simply gone .500 in those games they’d be a game behind the Cards even with their 17 game winning streak. Mind boggling they extended Bell but then again the ownership tried to punt on the season before it started by giving away their BP.
Its crazy. Had almost a 2 game lead. Then lost 2/3 Pirtes, 2/3 Cards, 2/3 Cubs, 2/3 Marlins...

Game over.

Extending Bell is, I mean, makes no sense.

I get the bullpen was meh---Winker getting hurt sucked. But still. I've never liked Bell. And IMO, my Reds had the talent to not only get in, but win the division. I think I saw where the blew leads 22 times after the 7th inning.

Yikes.
The Reds also got rid of Kyle Boddy. Fvcking idiots man. He’s the single biggest reason some of their pitchers actually started to develop at all levels of the system.

The Reds also got rid of Kyle Boddy. Fvcking idiots man. He’s the single biggest reason some of their pitchers actually started to develop at all levels of the system.

Incredibly hard to be a fan of this franchise. I don’t think it’s a stretch to suggest they would have made the post season had they simply not given Iglesias and Bradley away. When they gave them away the public reason was they wanted to add one of the free agent SS and then low balled every one of them. Marcus Semien was supposedly done and then they lowered the offer a few hundred thousand. Reds got a zero war from SS and Semien is an MVP candidate.

Incredibly hard to be a fan of this franchise. I don’t think it’s a stretch to suggest they would have made the post season had they simply not given Iglesias and Bradley away. When they gave them away the public reason was they wanted to add one of the free agent SS and then low balled every one of them. Marcus Semien was supposedly done and then they lowered the offer a few hundred thousand. Reds got a zero war from SS and Semien is an MVP candidate.
The void at SS was the biggest mishap in my opinion. They got lucky India turned out to be as good in the infield as he did despite his struggles in the minors for being the 5th overall pick too.

I told my huge homer-reds buddy I wasn’t a fan of the Suarez extension at the time because of his swing and miss profile and those tend to not age well but my god I didn’t think it would ever get THIS bad.

I miss the feeling of playing meaningful games in Sept...
How has the new management for the Orioles been going? I know it was viewed in a positive light but haven’t been paying attention lately. I know they’re slow-playing the shit out of their prospects lol I hope their pitching development has improved with guys like DL Hall and G. Rodriguez coming up.

It’s astounding how bad Suarez was this year because Kyle Farmer was pretty decent to good after he settled in there.

How has the new management for the Orioles been going? I know it was viewed in a positive light but haven’t been paying attention lately. I know they’re slow-playing the shit out of their prospects lol I hope their pitching development has improved with guys like DL Hall and G. Rodriguez coming up.
Number 1 prospect and number 1 pitching prospect. Plus a core group already in the majors with Means, Mullins and Moutcastle. Should be a little more competitive next year but the year after is the make or break year.

Reactions: otte21 and WheelerG
Number 1 prospect and number 1 pitching prospect. Plus a core group already in the majors with Means, Mullins and Moutcastle. Should be a little more competitive next year but the year after is the make or break year.
Their biggest issue is that basically everyone in that division is well within their competitive window. Maybe not the Red Sox because their pitching is pretty fickle, but the others are going to be really fvcking good for the foreseeable future.

Mullins has been one of my favorite players this year though. He’s a blast

Their biggest issue is that basically everyone in that division is well within their competitive window. Maybe not the Red Sox because their pitching is pretty fickle, but the others are going to be really fvcking good for the foreseeable future.

Mullins has been one of my favorite players this year though. He’s a blast
AL East is always competitive, especially with the way the Yankees and Sox throw money around.

The Brewers are on a 1 game winning streak
Are you still on hiatus from being a tigers fan? They’ll be good again soon, and you’ll be able to stop pretending you’re a brewers fan so that’s solid.

In the meantime, condolences for Devin Williams being a big ole dummy

Reactions: WheelerG
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT