ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you still on hiatus from being a tigers fan? They’ll be good again soon, and you’ll be able to stop pretending you’re a brewers fan so that’s solid.

In the meantime, condolences for Devin Williams being a big ole dummy

Am I allowed to root for both teams?

Are you still on hiatus from being a tigers fan? They’ll be good again soon, and you’ll be able to stop pretending you’re a brewers fan so that’s solid.

mcnulty-pissed.gif

What’s the big deal?
I’m just fücking around. I get hypocrisy is kind of your thing, but aren’t a vast majority of your posts giving Illinois fans grief about them being bad the last 15 years?

To clear it up for your sensitive sensibilities, I don’t actually care who or how many teams you root for.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaycg15
I’m just fücking around. I get hypocrisy is kind of your thing, but aren’t a vast majority of your posts giving Illinois fans grief about them being bad the last 15 years?

To clear it up for your sensitive sensibilities, I don’t actually care who or how many teams you root for.

Oh ok

He secretly roots for Illinois as his second team. His other account is @Archetype19.

Homoboard warning but I’m posting this because it is a basketball board.

Sounds like our PG rotation will be Tyson Walker/AJ Hoggard, with Jaden Akins serving more as our backup first wing off the bench. With all the guards we’re recruiting and have coming in it really seems like Izzo is trying to play multiple ball handlers together in his closing years. Probably just over compensating for how big of an issue it was last year.

Damn, those dudes don't miss.

#NationalChampOrBust

I’m intrigued by Terrance Williams looking way more in shape. That could help him get rotation minutes as a high motor off the bench. Frankie Collins is/was a terrible shooter and the form looked fine so maybe there’s hope coaches tweaked something. Zeb’s handle was saucey. We will need one of those three to be a rotation player and it’ll be interesting to see who it is.

I’m intrigued by Terrance Williams looking way more in shape. That could help him get rotation minutes as a high motor off the bench. Frankie Collins is/was a terrible shooter and the form looked fine so maybe there’s hope coaches tweaked something. Zeb’s handle was saucey. We will need one of those three to be a rotation player and it’ll be interesting to see who it is.
They all have low release points

So the Maryland vs Iowa rivalry is about to hit a 10 on an AD Scale, or just stay basketball only.

I want the basketball only rivalry.

Last edited:
Reactions: bMORE607
IU fans, you hear anything about Trent Sisley. He's a 2025 and Painter offered this week. He never offers kids that young but this kid looks really good, especially since he's a freshman in high school.

I know he's in southern Indiana which doesn't usually bode well for Purdue.

IU fans, you hear anything about Trent Sisley. He's a 2025 and Painter offered this week. He never offers kids that young but this kid looks really good, especially since he's a freshman in high school.

I know he's in southern Indiana which doesn't usually bode well for Purdue.

The only thing I’ve seen is that he “allegedly” comes from a huge IU family. We will definitely be getting involved, but I don’t know that the staff is in a huge rush to start on players who haven’t even played a high school game yet.

He does look to be the next big time prospect from the state though. 2024 is WEAK haha

What an idjit Williams is. Aaron Ashby will step right up tho.

I definitely enjoy the homo-board posts infinitely more than the political nonsense and UM-Ill back and forth. So I'll add ours:

Q. I’ve heard your season-ticket base has shot up by 50 percent since 2019-20. What are the chances you could sell out the entire season?

A.
“We will. I fully expect that. We’re close now. I love the fans, I know what advantage they bring to us. The players love it even more. They work out in an empty gym all summer, that’s why they do it. We’re getting close to selling out all the way around and hopefully they can wrap that up soon.”

Q. How good can this team be?

A.
“This is my best team, if we stay healthy. They like each other, they share the ball, they’re defending. We’ve got to become a better rebounding team. We weren’t last year. And we have to get better at making free throws. We’ve spent a lot of time on those things and hopefully it pays off. The thing is, we play in the best league There’s not a huge margin (for error). But this team is really good.”

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...tball-preseason-q-a-steve-pikiell/5874323001/

I definitely enjoy the homo-board posts infinitely more than the political nonsense and UM-Ill back and forth. So I'll add ours:

Q. I’ve heard your season-ticket base has shot up by 50 percent since 2019-20. What are the chances you could sell out the entire season?

A.
“We will. I fully expect that. We’re close now. I love the fans, I know what advantage they bring to us. The players love it even more. They work out in an empty gym all summer, that’s why they do it. We’re getting close to selling out all the way around and hopefully they can wrap that up soon.”

A.
“This is my best team, if we stay healthy. They like each other, they share the ball, they’re defending. We’ve got to become a better rebounding team. We weren’t last year. And we have to get better at making free throws. We’ve spent a lot of time on those things and hopefully it pays off. The thing is, we play in the best league There’s not a huge margin (for error). But this team is really good.”

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...tball-preseason-q-a-steve-pikiell/5874323001/
Rutgers future bet as B1G champs already placed. I light my ticket on fire when half your team is hurt by January

What an idjit Williams is. Aaron Ashby will step right up tho.
I appreciate this spin zone, but Ashby is not near the pitcher Williams is. Is he actually going to get his innings? I figured they’d just up Suter and Box’s leverage and maybe bring Hader in sooner. Hader will likely be a 5-7 out guy in the postseason if he needs to be.

Howard’s too
Mine was more a joke that this is Woodson’s first team, but I appreciate the consistency in reminding us that Michigan’s elite eight team with the number 1 recruiting class in the nation is indeed good at basketball. I’d be lost in the storm without that. Constantly asking, “Wait is Michigan good? I’m not certain”

Mine was more a joke that this is Woodson’s first team, but I appreciate the consistency in reminding us that Michigan’s elite eight team with the number 1 recruiting class in the nation is indeed good at basketball. I’d be lost in the storm without that. Constantly asking, “Wait is Michigan good? I’m not certain”

All this over two words I wrote?

A.

A.

I've been saying it all summer. People are sleeping on Rutgers. I think you finish 5th in the B1G. Your starting 5 very well could be better than all but 3-4 in the Big Ten. I do worry about your depth so you need to stay healthy tho.

I just find it interesting that Michigan is returning 3 guys that played on last year's team, losing 48 ppg, 21 rpg, and 11 apg, and is replacing them with a guy from the Sun Belt and 5 freshman. Furthermore, 4/5 guys were seniors and the fifth a 2 year starting sophomore, yet Hail unabashedly and confidently proclaims this team is better than that team.

Some wishful thinking that the performance and the potential will match up for that to happen in the Big Ten.

Ignoring Illinois, I'm confident that Purdue is better than that.

Reactions: B-Westy
I just find it interesting that Michigan is returning 3 guys that played on last year's team, losing 48 ppg, 21 rpg, and 11 apg, and is replacing them with a guy from the Sun Belt and 5 freshman. Furthermore, 4/5 guys were seniors and the fifth a 2 year starting sophomore, yet Hail unabashedly and confidently proclaims this team is better than that team.

Some wishful thinking that the performance and the potential will match up for that to happen in the Big Ten.

3/10

Reactions: RichardMassive

We’re deep this year. Painter thinks all 11 guys could contribute to this team. But there’s going to be an odd man out. Most likely Morton. Hearing a ton of great things about Kaufman & Furst. They’re ready to contribute right away.

Two of the best centers in the country + a leap from a potential lotto pick lead guard surrounded by solid role players? I really like this team. We just need to shoot the ball better than last year. Need to bump that % up to around 36/37 for us to live up to the hype.

I appreciate this spin zone, but Ashby is not near the pitcher Williams is. Is he actually going to get his innings? I figured they’d just up Suter and Box’s leverage and maybe bring Hader in sooner. Hader will likely be a 5-7 out guy in the postseason if he needs to be.
I think you’re seriously underestimating Ashby.

I think you’re seriously underestimating Ashby.
Yeah I saw he’s really rounded into form the last month.

Most of my perception is skewed from that nightmare game in late June where the Cubs beat him up in the first to go up 7-0 and then gave up 15 unanswered (lol).

I will maintain I don’t think you can replicate what Williams does. He probably has the most lethal change up in baseball.

Reactions: WheelerG

Didn’t the Sun Belt guy play really well at Draft Combine? I’m always skeptical of up transfers but seems like he’s going to be pretty darn good

Didn’t the Sun Belt guy play really well at Draft Combine? I’m always skeptical of up transfers but seems like he’s going to be pretty darn good
He’ll be fine, but the cumulative effect is a downgrade, IMO.

Yeah actually he matched up with the PG we lost (Mike Smith) and outplayed him one of the two games. Jones doesn’t have to be a stud, just solid. Our PG positions goes from:

Mike Smith / Eli Brooks / FR Zeb Jackson to
Davante Jones / Eli Brooks / SO Zeb Jackson / FR Frankie Collins

I don’t think we downgrade at the position.

I've been saying it all summer. People are sleeping on Rutgers. I think you finish 5th in the B1G. Your starting 5 very well could be better than all but 3-4 in the Big Ten. I do worry about your depth so you need to stay healthy tho.

Pike has been pretty balanced in his preseason evaluation of our teams so this has me a bit excited. That written, I think our B1G schedule is pretty tough: @Ill, PU, UM first three and we play three of the widely considered bottom four teams only once and all away (@PSU, @NW, @Minny). I think we are again an 11-9/10-10 team even if this team is as good as Pike believes.

But I do agree that we will be (at least) decent and a pain in the arse to play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT