ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The strength and conditioning at Iowa is a literal joke.

screenshot_20210524-223728_chrome-jpg.2801518

Not in a constant flow, it just leads to more breakdowns relying constantly and wears down players. It's why a lot of those teams walk the ball up on offense. I'd rather recruit quicker and tougher players to stay in front of their man.

Wait. You didn’t read the full article?
“You got to put a system in place where if there is a break down you got to have help there and that helper has to have help and then the next man has to have help, so it becomes a team defense,” Woodson said.

“You got to put a system in place where if there is a break down you got to have help there and that helper has to have help and then the next man has to have help, so it becomes a team defense,” Woodson said.
No wonder IU has struggled for two decades. They all seem confused.

Agreed. IU has been irrelevant for essentially all of today's college players' lifetimes and they are still getting a 5 star every couple of years on average.
Getting a 5 star every couple of years doesn’t guaranteed success. Keeping Duke at that level isn’t going to be some easy task. More often than not the guy after a legend doesn’t last very long.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
I'm not saying there isn't help situations but there's defenses and players that rely on it far too often.

Last edited:
Help and rotation work if you have players that are smart enough to understand. Recruit smarter players.
I guess....But if you are constantly getting beat off the bounce---thats a huge problem. If you got dudes who can guard the damn ball, help/rotation isn't that important. Problem with Miller is it was a constant of his scheme. Defense was built around that. Just not a good recipe. The players were smart enough....99.99% of college players are. BUT...when you are taught to look for help, well.............And I think thats Woodson's mesage.

has this been posted? Woodson really doesn’t know about the pick line defensive scheme that wiscy and uva have dominated cbb defensive metrics with despite marginal at best athletes.
Why would he? He's been in the NBA for 20+ years. And his comment was more of a "stab" at the pack line(defense), more than he not knowing about it. Dude is old school.

Yeah, I don't think Stevens clowned IU. I think a portion of the IU fanbase clowned themselves by thinking it was still 1987. It happens every hiring cycle. It will happen again in 4 years when Woodson is fired.
You can believe whatever you want, but you have no idea exactly how close it came to him being the next coach at IU! Actually, 2 nights before the "masshole" press conference, both sides had already agreed upon the major details of the contract.

Then 2 days later IU was completely blindsided by that press conference. The general consensus at the time was that either Ainge, or the Celtics threatened to fight him getting out of his contract, or promised something big at the last minute.

I honestly don't have a clue about what the reason was (neither does my source since he was working for IU). But, it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together here after hearing about this.

(My source is someone who definitely is extremely credible credible on this topic. They aren't in IU's A.D. office, but they had multiple conversations with several of Stevens "team" about the details of the contract. These conversations were on the behalf of IU.)

Believe me, or don't...I honestly don't care. But, I do think that if you look at my past history here, it's pretty easy to see that I don't troll.

***on a completely unrelated topic, but since since it was you who I had initially talked to about info on Kaufman...I haven't forgotten about making a post about my experiences with him, and also what a teammate of his had told me. Since most of the info was from my best friends kid..I made sure to ask them, if it was okay for me to post it. They said it was fine, but to wait until after school was out just incase someone misinterpreted something. Silver Creek just within the past couple of weeks has finished their year. So, whenever I get the time, I'll type it up sometime over the next few weeks.

Reactions: pig1960
You can believe whatever you want, but you have no idea exactly how close it came to him being the next coach at IU! Actually, 2 nights before the "masshole" press conference, both sides had already agreed upon the major details of the contract.

Then 2 days later IU was completely blindsided by that press conference. The general consensus at the time was that either Ainge, or the Celtics threatened to fight him getting out of his contract, or promised something big at the last minute.

I honestly don't have a clue about what the reason was (neither does my source since he was working for IU). But, it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together here after hearing about this.

(My source is someone who definitely is extremely credible credible on this topic. They aren't in IU's A.D. office, but they had multiple conversations with several of Stevens "team" about the details of the contract. These conversations were on the behalf of IU.)

Believe me, or don't...I honestly don't care. But, I do think that if you look at my past history here, it's pretty easy to see that I don't troll.

***on a completely unrelated topic, but since since it was you who I had initially talked to about info on Kaufman...I haven't forgotten about making a post about my experiences with him, and also what a teammate of his had told me. Since most of the info was from my best friends kid..I made sure to ask them, if it was okay for me to post it. They said it was fine, but to wait until after school was out just incase someone misinterpreted something. Silver Creek just within the past couple of weeks has finished their year. So, whenever I get the time, I'll type it up sometime over the next few weeks.

congrats on almost getting stevens

congrats on almost getting stevens
Thanks.

Oh yeah, has your vagina finally stopped leaking yet? I put in a prayer request for your vagina once I realized exactly how much I was able to trigger you. So, if it's still leaking....don't worry about it, it's now in God's hands!!!

Also, have you finally taken all of my pictures down off of your wall yet? Remember, I asked very nicely!

Thanks.

Oh yeah, has your vagina finally stopped leaking yet? I put in a prayer request for your vagina once I realized exactly how much I was able to trigger you. So, if it's still leaking....don't worry about it, it's now in God's hands!!!

Also, have you finally taken all of my pictures down off of your wall yet? Remember, I asked very nicely!

“Believe me, or don't...I honestly don't care. But, I do think that if you look at my past history here, it's pretty easy to see that I don't troll.”

We believe you.

• Haha
Reactions: VulvHa
Thanks.

@Random UK Fan

Nomination for worst post of the year

Thanks.

Dafuq? Where did this potato sprout from?

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
“Believe me, or don't...I honestly don't care. But, I do think that if you look at my past history here, it's pretty easy to see that I don't troll.”

We believe you.
Also, if I apparently have a past history of constantly trolling...give me some examples. Apparently you keep track of our conversations from 3 years ago. So, it definitely shouldn't be hard to find examples

Also, if I apparently have a past history of constantly trolling...give me some examples. Apparently you keep track of our conversations from 3 years ago. So, it definitely shouldn't be hard to find examples

Not considering John Beilein a top 10 coach after he took Michigan to his second national title game in 6 seasons.

Not considering John Beilein a top 10 coach after he took Michigan to his second national title game in 6 seasons.
Omg dude fcking get over it lol. So, according to you...me saying that I felt he was just outside of the top 10 BEFORE HIS 2ND CHAMPIONSHIP GAME is your example of me trolling? Dude come on....even you know that your example is pretty damn weak

Omg dude fcking get over it lol. So, according to you...me saying that I felt he was just outside of the top 10 BEFORE HIS 2ND CHAMPIONSHIP GAME is your example of me trolling? Dude come on....even you know that your example is pretty damn weak

You said it in July of 2018.... 3 months after Michigan’s second title game appearance in 6 seasons (made the elite 8 and sweet 16 in two seasons in between).

That’s trolling.

You asked for an example and I’m giving you one.

2011/12: Michigan wins Big Ten title
2012/13: Michigan makes national title game.
2013/14: Michigan wins Big Ten title, makes Elite 8.
2016/17: Michigan makes Sweet 16.
2017/18: Michigan makes national title game.

There months later Jace in July of 2018: “Beilein isn’t a top 10 coach”

@jace4655555

You asked for an example of you trolling. There you go.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
2011/12: Michigan wins Big Ten title
2012/13: Michigan makes national title game.
2013/14: Michigan wins Big Ten title, makes Elite 8.
2016/17: Michigan makes Sweet 16.
2017/18: Michigan makes national title game.

There months later Jace in July of 2018: “Beilein isn’t a top 10 coach”

@jace4655555

You asked for an example of you trolling. There you go.
I can’t wait for his “inside” scoop on Kaufman.

You said it in July of 2018.... 3 months after Michigan’s second title game appearance in 6 seasons (made the elite 8 and sweet 16 in two seasons in between).

That’s trolling.

You asked for an example and I’m giving you

That’s trolling.

You asked for an example and I’m giving you one.
Dude this is what's so fcked up about how triggered this made you. You're this worked up because someone thought he fell just outside of your top 10. Now, I didn't say that he wasn't in the top 20, or 30, or some wide differences from your opinion. No, I said he would be between 11th and 15th on my list. So, because I said to you that I believe he's 1 spot behind your list...it's caused you to follow me around for at least 3 freaking years crying about it anytime I give Howard any credit at all? Seriously man...why has this effected you this bad? It's been at least 3 fing years and it's over only 1 to potentially 4 spots. That's it!!!

Then, you went on a tangent because I said the conversation happened 3 freaking months before you did...once again....3 years ago.

Honestly, absolutely no bullsht here at all right now...I honestly don't understand why this is such an issue for you?

Oh yeah, if it helps, go find our conversations from back then to prove your right. I believe once your original post had went off the rails, you had made a second post just calling me out directly. Both of those posts were created in in the main forum, so aren't they both archived? ( I could be wrong about that?)

Also, we also had talked about this through pm also. So, hopefully it's there, if you can't find the 2 threads.

If you end up finding out that I was correct...you don't have to post it....I honestly don't care who was right over a few months. But, if it shows I'm wrong...feel free to post whatever you want...once again i don't care.

Or, if you don't want to search for that stuff...just fing tell me what needs to be done for you to just move on? Because I'm not nearly interested in this argument anymore. It's gotten old having you pop up like a whack-a-mole everytime I say something about Michigan...even if it's positive. So, please just tell me what you need to happen before you're able to just move on? If you prefer...send me a PM telling me, if that's better...I don't care.

Dude this is what's so fcked up about how triggered this made you. You're this worked up because someone thought he fell just outside of your top 10. Now, I didn't say that he wasn't in the top 20, or 30, or some wide differences from your opinion. No, I said he would be between 11th and 15th on my list. So, because I said to you that I believe he's 1 spot behind your list...it's caused you to follow me around for at least 3 freaking years crying about it anytime I give Howard any credit at all? Seriously man...why has this effected you this bad? It's been at least 3 fing years and it's over only 1 to potentially 4 spots. That's it!!!

Then, you went on a tangent because I said the conversation happened 3 freaking months before you did...once again....3 years ago.

Honestly, absolutely no bullsht here at all right now...I honestly don't understand why this is such an issue for you?

Oh yeah, if it helps, go find our conversations from back then to prove your right. I believe once your original post had went off the rails, you had made a second post just calling me out directly. Both of those posts were created in in the main forum, so aren't they both archived? ( I could be wrong about that?)

Also, we also had talked about this through pm also. So, hopefully it's there, if you can't find the 2 threads.

If you end up finding out that I was correct...you don't have to post it....I honestly don't care who was right over a few months. But, if it shows I'm wrong...feel free to post whatever you want...once again i don't care.

Or, if you don't want to search for that stuff...just fing tell me what needs to be done for you to just move on? Because I'm not nearly interested in this argument anymore. It's gotten old having you pop up like a whack-a-mole everytime I say something about Michigan...even if it's positive. So, please just tell me what you need to happen before you're able to just move on? If you prefer...send me a PM telling me, if that's better...I don't care.

Not sure what all of this says. You asked for an example of you trolling.... not considering Beilein a top ten coach after another title game appearance in 2017/18 is an example. If you didn’t want an example don’t ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT