ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if the BTN bought up more games, but they were showing some old school basketball games yesterday

Looks like Stevens would rather retire from coaching than go to Indiana for $10mil/yr

Lol
7534666d54f8ccda51dcaac35d30097a.gif

If Stevens ended up at Duke, IU would and should definitely get clowned. But I don’t really care if a guy, who is apparently worn down by coaching, turned down a long term contract to coach. It’s not like he was fired and is looking for work. He’s clearly valued by the Celtics and wants to be there, he just doesn’t want to be a coach

Why what?
Why is Stevens saying he’s worn down by coaching and taking the top front office role with the same organization pissing on the IU job? They offered him the same position he said he’s worn down by...

Why is Stevens saying he’s worn down by coaching and taking the top front office role with the same organization pissing on the IU job? They offered him the same position he said he’s worn down by...
Just meant that he doused the flames of any fantasy Indiana fans had of ever getting Stevens.

Prediction ... Duke is ****ed.

Personal opinion... good riddance. **** Duke.
Seems like the consensus at this point.

I would’ve showed Painter, Wright, and Few a blank check before going in house.

Duke and Carolina took a weird route, we will see if it pays off or if they finally going to get a reality check.

Seems like the consensus at this point.

I would’ve showed Painter, Wright, and Few a blank check before going in house.

Duke and Carolina took a weird route, we will see if it pays off or if they finally going to get a reality check.
I’ll believe it when I see it. Duke will still recruit itself.

Reactions: bMORE607
I’ll believe it when I see it. Duke will still recruit itself.
Agreed. IU has been irrelevant for essentially all of today's college players' lifetimes and they are still getting a 5 star every couple of years on average.

Reactions: Jaycg15

has this been posted? Woodson really doesn’t know about the pick line defensive scheme that wiscy and uva have dominated cbb defensive metrics with despite marginal at best athletes.

has this been posted? Woodson really doesn’t know about the pick line defensive scheme that wiscy and uva have dominated cbb defensive metrics with despite marginal at best athletes.

Dude went on to explain his vision of good defense pretty well. Weird thing to troll about. It might be a good troll if Woodson had coached in college last year.

I'm glad to hear this actually. Pack line seems to go hand and hand with slow and stagnant offenses. We saw it for 4 years. I like his explanation of what he wants to do on the defensive side of the ball. We'll see how well he can get them to execute it.

I like his quote “we need guys to proud to be on ball defenders”.
I'll post the whole quote but I liked the not beg for help part. Once there's a help situation the rotation of players is what opens up shots. I felt like Archie's teams were constantly helping and they were in a constant rotation of help and recover which didn't happen very often.

“The ball is the first and most important piece when you start building a defense, and somehow I got to get players to have pride in guarding the ball and not beg for help,” Woodson said. “That’s where it starts.”

Reactions: HoosierAlice
I'll post the whole quote but I liked the not beg for help part. Once there's a help situation the rotation of players is what opens up shots. I felt like Archie's teams were constantly helping and they were in a constant rotation of help and recover which didn't happen very often.

“The ball is the first and most important piece when you start building a defense, and somehow I got to get players to have pride in guarding the ball and not beg for help,” Woodson said. “That’s where it starts.”
Help and rotation work if you have players that are smart enough to understand. Recruit smarter players.

Help and rotation work if you have players that are smart enough to understand. Recruit smarter players.
Not in a constant flow, it just leads to more breakdowns relying constantly and wears down players. It's why a lot of those teams walk the ball up on offense. I'd rather recruit quicker and tougher players to stay in front of their man.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
Not in a constant flow, it just leads to more breakdowns relying constantly and wears down players. It's why a lot of those teams walk the ball up on offense. I'd rather recruit quicker and tougher players to stay in front of their man.
Then you'll continue w/ your current results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT