ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait for his “inside” scoop on Kaufman.
Fine I won't post it...I was told that other Purdue fans would be interested in it. But, if that's not the case...I'm fine not doing it.

Question...when did you become so angry on here? You've been going back and forth with the Illinois guy and now for some reason...you're now getting worked up over something that isn't about Purdue, or you? A year ago, you were always one of the more laid back people here...what's changed?

Not sure what all of this says. You asked for an example of you trolling.... not considering Beilein a top ten coach after another title game appearance in 2017/18 is an example. If you didn’t want an example don’t ask.
Are you serious...so your not ready to just stop being so worked up over 1 fing spot from at least 3 years ago?

Besides, how in the world is me saying he was 1 spot behind where you put him an example of trolling? Just to be perfectly clear here....are you saying that if someone puts a coach who's in your top 10 list at #11, so just 1 fing spot...that's a clear example of trolling? If that is indeed what you are saying...then we just have different opinion if what trolling is.

Because according to you, anyone who disagrees with you in even the smallest of ways is trolling. That just seems a little ridiculous

Are you serious...so your not ready to just stop being so worked up over 1 fing spot from at least 3 years ago?

Besides, how in the world is me saying he was 1 spot behind where you put him an example of trolling? Just to be perfectly clear here....are you saying that if someone puts a coach who's in your top 10 list at #11, so just 1 fing spot...that's a clear example of trolling? If that is indeed what you are saying...then we just have different opinion if what trolling is.

Because according to you, anyone who disagrees with you in even the smallest of ways is trolling. That just seems a little ridiculous

You can just admit you were trolling. Or you can do whatever you’re doing.

Why would it make sense for either of us to track that? Juwan has more tournament wins than Underwood. That means a lot more to me.

You don’t care if you beat other teams near the top of the league? You can rightfully be proud that you did much better in the NCAAs than us this year, but being winless against us is not all of a sudden irrelevant, lol.

You don’t care if you beat other teams near the top of the league? You can rightfully be proud that you did much better in the NCAAs than us this year, but being winless against us is not all of a sudden irrelevant, lol.

Hyper focusing on regular season records against non rivals is odd to me. Indiana fans used to do that with Crean vs Beilein, too. Like.... cool?

Head to head record vs Illinois doesn’t crack the top 10 things on my Michigan basketball wish list.

Hyper focusing on regular season records against non rivals is odd to me. Indiana fans used to do that with Crean vs Beilein, too. Like.... cool?

Head to head record vs Illinois doesn’t crack the top 10 things on my Michigan basketball wish list.

And that’s cool for you. But to treat another fan as weird for pointing out that you never beat them with your current staff because that’s, like, so beneath you to care about is ... weird, lol.

No Big Ten fans are questioning that Michigan ended up with the best season result last year or that they’re in the best position for the near future, so you don’t need to shill QUITE so often, especially with such arrogance.

You can just admit you were trolling. Or you can do whatever you’re doing.
Of course...just give me an actual example of me trolling and I will. But, the only example ypu were able to actual give was just you being as petty and childish as anyone I've seen in a very long time.

Also, since we disagree here ....does that mean that we're both trolling each other right now?

And that’s cool for you. But to treat another fan as weird for pointing out that you never beat them with your current staff because that’s, like, so beneath you to care about is ... weird, lol.

No Big Ten fans are questioning that Michigan ended up with the best season result last year or that they’re in the best position for the near future, so you don’t need to shill QUITE so often, especially with such arrogance.

You sound like the Indiana fans that insisted I should care about Crean vs Beilein head to head.

I don’t care about our head to head record vs Illinois nearly as much as you wished I did. I’m sorry.

Of course...just give me an actual example of me trolling and I will. But, the only example ypu were able to actual give was just you being as petty and childish as anyone I've seen in a very long time.

Also, since we disagree here ....does that mean that we're both trolling each other right now?

Leaving Beilein out of your top 10 after his second ncaa title game appearance behind guys like Chris Mack is trolling. How many times are you going to ask me this?

You sound like the Indiana fans that insisted I should care about Crean vs Beilein head to head.

I don’t care about our head to head record vs Illinois nearly as much as you wished I did. I’m sorry.

Lol, ok, Hail. You should be happy enough that your team is rolling, not so angry and arrogant and apparently insecure enough to jam it down the board’s throat every chance you get (i.e., every post).

Fine I won't post it...I was told that other Purdue fans would be interested in it. But, if that's not the case...I'm fine not doing it.

Question...when did you become so angry on here? You've been going back and forth with the Illinois guy and now for some reason...you're now getting worked up over something that isn't about Purdue, or you? A year ago, you were always one of the more laid back people here...what's changed?
I actually was looking forward to it, but whatever.
Thanks.

Oh yeah, has your vagina finally stopped leaking yet? I put in a prayer request for your vagina once I realized exactly how much I was able to trigger you. So, if it's still leaking....don't worry about it, it's now in God's hands!!!

Also, have you finally taken all of my pictures down off of your wall yet? Remember, I asked very nicely!
To be fair, we were responding to this stupid and aggressive post. How laid back were you being here?

To be fair, we were responding to this stupid and aggressive post. How laid back were you being here?

Purdue posters used to accuse him of being SNUs burner account. What does that tell you?

Lol, ok, Hail. You should be happy enough that your team is rolling, not so angry and arrogant and apparently insecure enough to jam it down the board’s throat every chance you get (i.e., every post).

If someone tells me something I don’t really care about, I’ll let them know. Thanks for looking out for me.

And that aggressive post was a response to his post a few days ago where he called me a liar because I hadn't been around much. Trust me, it most definitely wasn't just some random aggressive post.

Purdue posters used to accuse him of being SNUs burner account. What does that tell you?
Damn dude...how you remember so many extremely small details about me from almost a half a decade away is is freaking disturbing! During the first 2 days of me posting on here there was 2 Purdue fans who had questioned this. So you remembering in exact details something thqt was said by 2 people During a 2 day span is ridiculous!

Also, since you apparently just follow me around...if you're going to say something like that...why don't you go ahead an also say the reason for the 2 Purdue fans asking this?

It was the very 1st post here and I was legitimately curious why on the Purdue mainboard...why so many fans were thinking that after losing so many of both the previous seasons minutes, and points, it seemed like most of their home board fans weren't expecting much of a drop off from the great season before.

Because I live next to Louisville, ive never followed Purdue nearly as much as I would have if I was from the indy area. So, I genuinely was curious if there was something I wasn't aware of...like a transfer. Because it was my 1st post and it was about Purdue, once it was made known that I was an IU fan...they just assumed that because someone else had just been caught with a duplicate account ( or it might have been that SNU had talked about doing something like this? (Since it was my 1st day, I not only didn't know much...I didn't even know who SNU was at that moment. )

But, someone who also knew me from Peegs was able to say with certainty I wasn't him.

Damn dude...how you remember so many extremely small details about me from almost a half a decade away is is freaking disturbing! During the first 2 days of me posting on here there was 2 Purdue fans who had questioned this. So you remembering in exact details something thqt was said by 2 people During a 2 day span is ridiculous!

Also, since you apparently just follow me around...if you're going to say something like that...why don't you go ahead an also say the reason for the 2 Purdue fans asking this?

It was the very 1st post here and I was legitimately curious why on the Purdue mainboard...why so many fans were thinking that after losing so many of both the previous seasons minutes, and points, it seemed like most of their home board fans weren't expecting much of a drop off from the great season before.

Because I live next to Louisville, ive never followed Purdue nearly as much as I would have if I was from the indy area. So, I genuinely was curious if there was something I wasn't aware of...like a transfer. Because it was my 1st post and it was about Purdue, once it was made known that I was an IU fan...they just assumed that because someone else had just been caught with a duplicate account ( or it might have been that SNU had talked about doing something like this? (Since it was my 1st day, I not only didn't know much...I didn't even know who SNU was at that moment. )

But, someone who also knew me from Peegs was able to say with certainty I wasn't him.

Come again?

Why would it make sense for either of us to track that? Juwan has more tournament wins than Underwood. That means a lot more to me.
Is it hard to count to 0? This might be the year! And Howard does not have more tournament wins. Probably not tracking that either though.

Is it hard to count to 0? This might be the year! And Howard does not have more tournament wins. Probably not tracking that either though.

More tournament wins at Michigan than Underwood has at Illinois. Howard took Michigan to the Elite 8 in year two. Illinois hasn't been to the Sweet 16 since 2005.

Reactions: RichardMassive
More tournament wins at Michigan than Underwood has at Illinois. Howard took Michigan to the Elite 8 in year two. Illinois hasn't been to the Sweet 16 since 2005.
Howard was gifted the momentum from Bielien. It literally couldn’t have been a better situation for a new coach. Underwood had to get the losers out of the team and rebuilt Illinois in 4 years to a similar situation as Michigan in Bielien’s fourth.
Juwan walked into Livers, Wagner, Teske, Simpson, and a roster of guys that has played meaningful games. Underwood walked into LeRon Black, Kipper Nichols, and Trent Frazier. 4 years later he has a 1-seed.

And that aggressive post was a response to his post a few days ago where he called me a liar because I hadn't been around much. Trust me, it most definitely wasn't just some random aggressive post.
congrats on almost getting stevens
All I saw was that you responded to this with an aggressive potato a$$ post. I don’t know what happened days ago. I just see posts and direct responses to those posts.

Edit: And to be clear, Hail also trolls, and there is no denying it, we’ve butted heads numerous times, but your post was full on on potato, no way around it. I try to call it like it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
We synced up
Howard was gifted the momentum from Bielien. It literally couldn’t have been a better situation for a new coach. Underwood had to get the losers out of the team and rebuilt Illinois in 4 years to a similar situation as Michigan in Bielien’s fourth.
Juwan walked into Livers, Wagner, Teske, Simpson, and a roster of guys that has played meaningful games. Underwood walked into LeRon Black, Kipper Nichols, and Trent Frazier. 4 years later he has a 1-seed.

Mike Smith, Chaundee Brown, Franz Wagner, and Hunter Dickinson never played for Beilein. Eli Brooks, Brandon Johns, and Austin Davis were role players at best for him. That was our Elite 8 rotation.

Not your best effort.

We synced up

Mike Smith, Chaundee Brown, Franz Wagner, and Hunter Dickinson never played for Beilein. Eli Brooks, Brandon Johns, and Austin Davis were role players at best for him. That was our Elite 8 rotation.

Not your best effort.
Bielien elevated your program. Howard has him to thank for nearly everything he’s done. Juwan has done well. He’s also been extremely fortunate to start on third base.

Reactions: jwardelt
Bielien elevated your program. Howard has him to thank for nearly everything he’s done. Juwan has done well. He’s also been extremely fortunate to start on third base.

Yes Beilein built a great program. That doesn’t diminish what Howard has done.

Last offseason Howard lost Zavier Simpson and Jon Teske to graduation and David Dejulius, Cole Bajema, and Colin Castleton to transfers. Howard responded by landing the #2 class in the Big Ten and brought in two impact transfers. He then took a team that was projected outside of most preseason top 25s and won the Big Ten and made the Elite 8. The AP thought Howard’s coaching job was impressive.

Last edited:
Yes Beilein built a great program. That doesn’t diminish what Howard has done.

Last offseason Howard lost Zavier Simpson and Jon Teske to graduation and David Dejulius, Cole Bajema, and Colin Castleton to transfers. Howard responded by landing the #2 class in the Big Ten and brought in two impact transfers. He then took a team that was projected outside of most preseason top 25s and won the Big Ten and made the Elite 8. The AP thought Howard’s coaching job was impressive.

Again, Howard coached well. Comparing him to coaches that took over rebuilds is dumb. Rick Pitino Jr would’ve looked good in that situation. He plugged in one difference maker into a really good core and then peppered in a couple of decent role players. The guys that are on the team because of Bielien scored over half of your points in the tournament. You act like he made the team from the ground up.

Last edited:
Again, Howard coached well. Comparing him to coaches that took over rebuilds is dumb. Rick Pitino Jr would’ve looked good in that situation. He plugged in one difference maker into a really good core and then peppered in a couple of decent role players. The guys that are on the team because of Bielien scored over half of your points in the tournament. You act like he made the team from the ground up.

This post actually makes sense in your head?

This post actually makes sense in your head?
Perhaps if you pull Juwan out of your throat, you can take a deep breath and try reading it again.

It makes perfect sense. If Howard isn't taking over for a HOF coach that put your program at its peak, he's not playing in an E8 in year two. This isn't your best troll attempt.

Perhaps if you pull Juwan out of your throat, you can take a deep breath and try reading it again.

It makes perfect sense. If Howard isn't taking over for a HOF coach that put your program at its peak, he's not playing in an E8 in year two. This isn't your best troll attempt.

Juwan Howard literally won AP national coach of the year. If anything I’m underselling his 2020/21 coaching job.

Juwan Howard literally won AP national coach of the year. If anything I’m underselling his 2020/21 coaching job.
He was awarded CoY because the same people who were unable to recognize the talent he had didn’t expect him to do much while the best coach in America did exactly what they expected him to do. Few deserved it despite Juwan’s solid season minus getting pantsed by an 11 seed and clowned at home by Underwood.

How do you like that trolling?

Howard inherited a good not great roster situation. Beileins 2018 and 2019 classes were not great and he absolutely whiffle don the most important position in cbb guard. He inherited a sr simpson and and he brooks who had shown nothing then pretty much nothing. There’s a reason why um was unranked going into the last 2 years and why people like Jeff Goodman were saying in Howard’s first year that maybe um could have made the ncaa if Beilein was around simply because he was such a brilliant coach but the roster talent was not good.

Ah the revisionist history is fun to read. Juwan elevated Michigan.

Howard inherited a team fresh off its 2nd S16 in 3 years minus two players and got a really good freshman (because he and his brother were recruited by Bielien). You don’t find many situations better than that for new coaches. Such adversity.

Ah the revisionist history is fun to read. Juwan elevated Michigan.

Howard inherited a team fresh off its 2nd S16 in 3 years minus two players and got a really good freshman (because he and his brother were recruited by Bielien). You don’t find many situations better than that for new coaches. Such adversity.

When Livers went down in Howard’s first season we didn’t have a single wing off the bench. Our bench rotation players were 6’1 David Dejulius and two centers in Austin Davis and Collin Castleton. Said it all year last year.

Last edited:
He was awarded CoY because the same people who were unable to recognize the talent he had didn’t expect him to do much while the best coach in America did exactly what they expected him to do. Few deserved it despite Juwan’s solid season minus getting pantsed by an 11 seed and clowned at home by Underwood.

You had Michigan outside of your top 5 in just the Big Ten going into this season because we lost Simpson and Teske. Instead, Michigan won the Big Ten, made the Elite 8, finished 4th in Sagarin, 3rd in Kenpom, 4th in the coach’s poll, 4th in the AP poll.

Keep going I like bragging about Howard.

All I saw was that you responded to this with an aggressive potato a$$ post. I don’t know what happened days ago. I just see posts and direct responses to those posts.

Edit: And to be clear, Hail also trolls, and there is no denying it, we’ve butted heads numerous times, but your post was full on on potato, no way around it. I try to call it like it is.
Yeah, if I'm being completely honest here... I wasn't worried about how anyone but him took that post. Obviously, if you're not familiar with the past, it's foolish for me to think anyone else who doesn't understand the backstory would have any idea where that was coming from.

If that was more of a concern for me...I would have included some back story also. I just wasn't too worried about that at all...and honestly I'm still not too worried about it lol.

One other thing.....even if there was no past issues here at all, and I still made that post.. it's probably not even remotely close to my worst post!

Out of curiosity, what talent didn’t you and the national media know about?

Livers and Wagner were well known commodities. Austin Davis? Lol

Yeah, if I'm being completely honest here... I wasn't worried about how anyone but him took that post. Obviously, if you're not familiar with the past, it's foolish for me to think anyone else who doesn't understand the backstory would have any idea where that was coming from.

If that was more of a concern for me...I would have included some back story also. I just wasn't too worried about that at all...and honestly I'm still not too worried about it lol.

One other thing.....even if there was no past issues here at all, and I still made that post.. it's probably not even remotely close to my worst post!

Where you ranking Woodson in Big Ten coaches?

MSU is apparently pushing hard for Tarris Reed, big man for the 22’ class who’s undersized at 6’8 but has a 7’4 wingspan. He just does a lot of what we look for from the big spot.

MSU is apparently pushing hard for Tarris Reed, big man for the 22’ class who’s undersized at 6’8 but has a 7’4 wingspan. He just does a lot of what we look for from the big spot.
247 has him listed at 6’10 on their site. Either way he should be a top 50 player. Surprised Illinois didn’t go after him harder, but with Izzo making him a priority it might’ve been a waste of time, regardless.

247 has him listed at 6’10 on their site. Either way he should be a top 50 player. Surprised Illinois didn’t go after him harder, but with Izzo making him a priority it might’ve been a waste of time, regardless.
Yeah I’ve seen him listed as a bit taller. Would be a solid addition to a class where we need a big.

I am still perplexed on our lack of recruiting wings. If Christie leaves after next year we might have 1 player for the the wing positions next year. And I’m only aware of us seriously pursuing 1 player that plays on the wing, Jaden Schutt, who I believe you guys are after too.

Yeah I’ve seen him listed as a bit taller. Would be a solid addition to a class where we need a big.

I am still perplexed on our lack of recruiting wings. If Christie leaves after next year we might have 1 player for the the wing positions next year. And I’m only aware of us seriously pursuing 1 player that plays on the wing, Jaden Schutt, who I believe you guys are after too.
Would definitely add a new dimension as none of your bigs have his offensive skillset.

Overall it seems MSU isn’t on as many recruits as years prior, some of that may be due to Enoch Boakye and Emoni Bates decommitting. Christie is on some 2022 mock drafts so Izzo should be recruiting replacements, just in case.

Schutt is yours by the way. Illinois basically has one visit to try and get back in it. If that doesn’t go perfectly, I’d expect him to commit to MSU on his next visit to East Lansing.

Um offered, I liked his film and think he’s underrated

Reactions: MGC_07
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT