ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 2021 class was crap even with Antigua.

Kofi isn’t coming back, and I’m very comfortable having Illinois outside the top 35 without him.
Max Christie was the only impact guy in Illinois last year. We don’t need any stars in this class with what we have coming back.

It’s no surprise you are comfortable with having shit takes though. Seems to be your thing.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Feel great. Seeing Jbo getting tko’d was an unanticipated highlight of the night.
Not gonna lie. I am indifferent to it. He's got a big mouth. May have had it coming. Doesn't excuse assault..........buuuuuuuuuut............

P.S. This is also why I have always taken the approach to never let the teams/players do the "talking" for me. Because of people like Jordan Bohannon.....

Reactions: jwardelt
I’m far from believing Tom Izzo is some angel, but it’s getting to conspiracy level shit with some posters.

If there were other players since that had similarities, maybe I’d be hesitant but I can’t even think of a any other MSU basketball player getting in any legal issues
The last line. Are you serious? Msu has had a ton of players in legal scrapes during their time at Msu and after. The guy that lived in Izzo’s basement for one. And the Msu god, Mateen Cleaves. Thats just for starters.

Msu athletes have been getting in trouble for decades with minimal consequences. Mark Dantonio picking up a player from jail and driving him to practice. It is truly a cesspool in East Lansing.

I wouldn't say we're favorites, but I think our talent and experience will compete with anyone. It's fully dependent on whether Hutcherson is as good as everyone who has seen him claim he is. He hasn't played in two years and is coming off a back injury, so I'm a bit more hesitant to believe he'll be the stud we've heard he is.
And whether Underwood doesnt fack it up. He is a mediocre coach.

He has more conference wins over the past two seasons than any coach, and he’s never lost to Phil Martelli.
No more Ayo. How many game winners did he have or how many times did he will his team to victory? It certainly wasn’t anything Underwood did.

No more Ayo. How many game winners did he have or how many times did he will his team to victory? It certainly wasn’t anything Underwood did.
Yes, not giving credit to coaches for how their players perform makes perfect sense. Gard won zero of his games. How many baskets has Gard scored? I guess Underwood taking a 12-win Travis Ford team to the tournament the next year was Ayo. Underwood losing 1 game in his conference over a 3 year span is also because he's a bad coach. Underwood shouldn't get credit for taking a bottom dweller to a 1-seed in 4 seasons either.

Nice try.
And still couldn’t get Illinois past the round of 32.
I think we all know that using a do or die tournament as a barometer of success isn't the best measurement. Unless it's Fran/Iowa, then it's justified.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
Yes, not giving credit to coaches for how their players perform makes perfect sense. Gard won zero of his games. How many baskets has Gard scored? I guess Underwood taking a 12-win Travis Ford team to the tournament the next year was Ayo. Underwood losing 1 game in his conference over a 3 year span is also because he's a bad coach. Underwood shouldn't get credit for taking a bottom dweller to a 1-seed in 4 seasons either.

Nice try.

I think we all know that using a do or die tournament as a barometer of success isn't the best measurement. Unless it's Fran/Iowa, then it's justified.

Tournament success is certainly part of the equation

Max Christie was the only impact guy in Illinois last year. We don’t need any stars in this class with what we have coming back.

It’s no surprise you are comfortable with having shit takes though. Seems to be your thing.
What you have coming back isn’t great. Who are you getting in this next class?

What you have coming back isn’t great. Who are you getting in this next class?
Who we have coming back is a top 10 team with Kofi. Must be fun living in denial.

And I’m not going to speculate possible dream scenario’s like gowolverines, I have confidence we will get a couple of our highly rated targets.

I
“I have also seen Austin Hutcherson play. He’s a 6’6 D-lll transfer who can play 1 thru 3 and has at times been better than Ayo in practice. If he is truly healthy, watch out.”

Gillinois.
Jumping in late here but I do believe that NBA scouts were at an Illinois practice a couple of years ago and they said Hutcherson had the most NBA ability of anyone on the floor. Ayo and Kofi were on the floor. But he’s been injured so he’s a huge question mark. I think he could be a great player next year for us, but it will take him a couple of months to acclimate.

Who we have coming back is a top 10 team with Kofi. Must be fun living in denial.

And I’m not going to speculate possible dream scenario’s like gowolverines, I have confidence we will get a couple of our highly rated targets.
What you have coming back is a borderline top 50 team without Kofi. He’s gone. Must be fun living in denial.

It doesn’t appear you guys are even in on anyone good other than AJ Casey and he is due for a huge drop in the rankings.

What you have coming back is a borderline top 50 team without Kofi. He’s gone. Must be fun living in denial.

It doesn’t appear you guys are even in on anyone good other than AJ Casey and he is due for a huge drop in the rankings.
Just add Illinois recruiting to the list of things you don’t know shit about.

I’d keep hoping these thing were the truth if I was you too.

Just add Illinois recruiting to the list of things you don’t know shit about.

I’d keep hoping these thing were the truth if I was you too.
I hope you continue to post when Illinois sucks this year and Underwood flops again in recruiting next year. It will be fun to watch you try to spin the situation.

Ayo - Gone
Kofi - Gone
Miller - Gone
All 3 Assistants - Gone

But hey at least you have Luke Goode and that D3 transfer no one has ever heard of!!

I hope you continue to post when Illinois sucks this year and Underwood flops again in recruiting next year. It will be fun to watch you try to spin the situation.

Ayo - Gone
Kofi - Gone
Miller - Gone
All 3 Assistants - Gone

But hey at least you have Luke Goode and that D3 transfer no one has ever heard of!!
You are clearly a casual fan, which is okay. But when you don’t know what you are talking about, sometimes it’s better to just listen to those who do.

I don’t know who you are a fan of, but get ready to get dicked down on the court and in recruiting.

You are clearly a casual fan, which is okay. But when you don’t know what you are talking about, sometimes it’s better to just listen to those who do.

I don’t know who you are a fan of, but get ready to get dicked down on the court and in recruiting.
Indiana

Dudes in for a rude awakening. Said we weren’t a top 4 in the conference team WITH kofi next year. Proceeded to double down by saying we wouldn’t be a top 50 team in the nation without him.

Shit take, after shit take...
Please show me where I said you wouldn’t be a top 50 team without Kofi. Maybe your reading comprehension is a little slow. Old Gil’s was as well, but at least he had an excuse.

Your T-rank right now without Kofi is 37. That seems about right.

Jaden Ivey/Brandon Newman
Duane Washington/ Malaki Branham
Xavier Johnson/ Tamar Bates
Eric Ayala/ Aaron Wiggins

Now when you get passed Curbelo, Frazier, and Cockburn, who do you have? You have Grandison and Hutcherson as starters. One hasn’t played in 3 years and last played in D3. The other was pretty poor last year. You got a scrub from Florida as well. Who else you have?
Not sure why you, or anyone else is at all surprised that a fan here has a severely biased opinion on how good their team is going to be next year?

Hell, I heard for a whole summer how McRoberts was going to be some type of offensive weapon during his last year. I also heard that Archie was going to get it figured out and be successful at IU.....wait...I was the one who thought that...let's not talk about that one...

Point being, we all have stupid and unrealistic opinions right now about how successful all of our teams will be next year.

Reactions: Jaycg15

Ayo - Gone
Kofi - Gone
Miller - Gone
All 3 Assistants - Gone

Goode and Podz.

rolemodels_zpsa40bdf28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT