ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same thing but I didn’t want to end up in a pissing contest like with Hail.

If he’s not expect to be in the rotation this year, he should have time to fix it by the time next year rolls around.

Overall he’s a solid small forward, that could also be valuable as a small ball 4 for stretches.
I wouldn't get into a pissing match over something obvious. His height seems to be a great mystery. I've seen anywhere from 6'7" to 6'10". Maybe a poor man's Dekker if he got to 6'9"-6'10". Not quite the athlete but he looks ok in that department. Lateral foot speed on defense will be key. Although Dekker wasn't great in that department either.

What's funny is that I think most had totally forgotten about him and then all of a sudden we get a commitment. Had to rack the brain for a minute to remember who he was.

He knew Frazier from his stint as point guard for the Illini years ago. Frazier became good friends with him while he was at KSU on Weber’s staff there. Geoff Alexander was promoted from within the program. So he’s knows both hires already.

I’m well aware. You must not be up to date with what other teams are losing, college basketball has a lot more turnover nowadays. I don’t care about shitty teams that are bringing back their whole roster.

Gil was brought up more to the way I post with grammar/lack of punctuation. Maybe, I’m a bit of a homer. But the difference is, that I follow other teams and their recruits way more so I can gauge where my team is on the spectrum of college basketball.

There is only one person here who’s lack of awareness is showing.

And that sounds like a lot more to worry about than what Illinois fans have to next season.
So because he interviewed Frazier a couple of times, Frazier is going to leak him information? They’ve gotten quite a bit wrong recently. They said Antigua and Coleman were staying. They said Illinois was going to get Tre Mitchell by hiring Tony Bergeron. Those are just two misses from the last month alone.

I’m very aware of what other teams are losing and bringing in. A lot of the Big Ten teams aren’t losing as much as Illinois and are bringing in better newcomers.

LOL, no you were called new Gil because of your delusional homer takes. You tried to claim Illinois and Gonzaga were the favorites next year. DELUSIONAL.

We will be better than Illinois if Kofi stays in the draft as expected. That of course isn’t saying much.

So because he interviewed Frazier a couple of times, Frazier is going to leak him information? They’ve gotten quite a bit wrong recently. They said Antigua and Coleman were staying. They said Illinois was going to get Tre Mitchell by hiring Tony Bergeron. Those are just two misses from the last month alone.
He's interviewed him more than a couple of times.

I dont remember him saying that either were staying. I remember him saying that it wasnt a done deal that they would go to kentucky. I remember him saying that it was even more likely that Chin was leaving than OA.

And I definitely dont remember him saying that we were hiring Tony B.

I’m very aware of what other teams are losing and bringing in. A lot of the Big Ten teams aren’t losing as much as Illinois and are bringing in better newcomers.

LOL, no you were called new Gil because of your delusional homer takes. You tried to claim Illinois and Gonzaga were the favorites next year. DELUSIONAL.

We will be better than Illinois if Kofi stays in the draft as expected. That of course isn’t saying much.
No. He knew Frazier back then, they became friends as Frazier rose the assistant coaching ranks. Thus they maintained a relationship and are willing to help each other out. You realize assistant coaches have people they trust to get them information on who to look into for recruiting right?

Bergeron was an option. Illinois didn’t believe he was worth it. So far even Crean hasn’t picked him up at Georgia. Still a chance he comes to the Illini.

Doubtful. Illinois will be a top 2 team in the big ten with Kofi.

I said I personally would take them second behind Gonzaga IF they upgrade the power forward position and get Kofi back. Add Tre Mitchell and Kofi to Torvik and get back on to me on where they rank.

We have the posts.

I think Podz will end up being pretty good, but you’re off about the Plummer thing. Dude is not a good defender. The advanced stats show that last year Utah was a better offensive team with him on the court but a worse defensive one. Maybe there’s clips of him being a good defender, but I trust the stats over the biased eye test of Illinois insiders.
Alfonso Plummer rated out as 73rd percentile on defense.
Overall Defense% TimePossPointsPPPRankRating
Overall1001711300.7673%Very Good
Man96.51651220.7477%Very Good
Zone3.5681.33--

Might want to check how you read stats.

Reactions: Archetype19
No. He knew Frazier back then, they became friends as Frazier rose the assistant coaching ranks. Thus they maintained a relationship and are willing to help each other out. You realize assistant coaches have people they trust to get them information on who to look into for recruiting right?

Bergeron was an option. Illinois didn’t believe he was worth it. So far even Crean hasn’t picked him up at Georgia. Still a chance he comes to the Illini.

Doubtful. Illinois will be a top 2 team in the big ten with Kofi.

I said I personally would take them second behind Gonzaga IF they upgrade the power forward position and get Kofi back. Add Tre Mitchell and Kofi to Torvik and get back on to me on where they rank.

We have the posts.
Your "insider" better hope Frazier is willing to pass some info given how poor his record has been recently.

Illinois will have neither Kofi or Mitchell next year. You are looking at 7th or 8th in Big Ten next year. Time for you to accept that.

Zone3.5681.33--
What's your source?

Defensive Rating 107.2 (Worst on Team)
Defensive BPM -0.1 (Worst on Team)

Your "insider" better hope Frazier is willing to pass some info given how poor his record has been recently.

Illinois will have neither Kofi or Mitchell next year. You are looking at 7th or 8th in Big Ten next year. Time for you to accept that.
Running out of hot takes, huh?

Zone3.5681.33--
I didn’t see that anywhere, my bad. I just looked and his defensive rating and defensive plus/minus were pretty bad.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I wouldn't get into a pissing match over something obvious. His height seems to be a great mystery. I've seen anywhere from 6'7" to 6'10". Maybe a poor man's Dekker if he got to 6'9"-6'10". Not quite the athlete but he looks ok in that department. Lateral foot speed on defense will be key. Although Dekker wasn't great in that department either.

What's funny is that I think most had totally forgotten about him and then all of a sudden we get a commitment. Had to rack the brain for a minute to remember who he was.
Always a mystery on height. The recruiting service have different measurements on every player, I swear.

If his lateral foot speed on defense is there, I wouldn’t be surprised if he could push for at least back-up minutes.

Reactions: jwardelt
Always a mystery on height. The recruiting service have different measurements on every player, I swear.

If his lateral foot speed on defense is there, I wouldn’t be surprised if he could push for at least back-up minutes.
Carlson, Crowl, and Vogt will take up most of the minutes at the 4/5. I can see a lot of 3 guard lineups next year w/ Hepburn, Bowman, Bruce, Davis, Neath being the 1-3 rotation. Davis #2 would be the 6th option in the backcourt. The 3/4 is then Davis, Wahl, Mors, Hodges, Ilver. Davis and Wahl will get all the minutes they can handle. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hodges and Ilver both redshirt or at least one. Unless injuries happen, there's just a lot of bodies for limited minutes. We hardly ever have an Iowa like 12 man rotation. It's usually 8. With everyone being fairly young and inexperienced, maybe that'll change but I wouldn't expect that.

My only complaint is we don't get access to video, and the cost is already high.
I like the stat aspect, but I will probably just subscribe a couple months a year.

As a side note, did you know Khristian Lander was very poor statistically last year? 😂😂😂

Reactions: Jaycg15
You are clearly a casual fan, which is okay. But when you don’t know what you are talking about, sometimes it’s better to just listen to those who do.

I don’t know who you are a fan of, but get ready to get dicked down on the court and in recruiting.

That last sentence is risky considering he has a Beilein avatar. Illinois will continue looking up at Michigan in recruiting rankings. Luckily for you he’s not an actually Michigan fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Not sure why you, or anyone else is at all surprised that a fan here has a severely biased opinion on how good their team is going to be next year?

Hell, I heard for a whole summer how McRoberts was going to be some type of offensive weapon during his last year. I also heard that Archie was going to get it figured out and be successful at IU.....wait...I was the one who thought that...let's not talk about that one...

Point being, we all have stupid and unrealistic opinions right now about how successful all of our teams will be next year.

In July of 2018 you argued that Beilein wasn’t a top 10 coach. Then when I brought it up a few months ago you tried to lie and say it was before that national title game. It wasn’t, it was after. July 2018 is when you listed 10 coaches better than Beilein.

I get it’s your thing to disappear for months without owning up to a correction, but not all of us are boomers with dog shit memory.

Last edited:
In July of 2018 you argued that Beilein wasn’t a top 10 coach. Then when I brought it up a few months ago you tried to lie and say it was before that national title game. It wasn’t, it was after. July 2018 is when you listed 10 coaches better than Beilein.

I get it’s your thing to disappear for months without owning up to a correction, but not all of us are boomers with dog shit memory.
Lmao what the fck are you talking about? Damn dude, I absolutely wreaked your vagina....didn't I? The fact that you apparently remember every single detail of one of the many arguments you get into (even if we use your time frame of) 3 years ago is unsettling!

Lol I've got to be way up on the list of people who's triggered you the worst!?

Here's the absolute truth....it's possible that you're right on the timing. I believe it was earlier then when you said it was, but we're only talking about a few months difference. It's not like I said it was back while he coached at W.V LOL. But honestly, if it wasn't for you getting your panties all bunched up...I would have forgotten about the conversation. Unlike you who now has me worried that you're a little obsessed with me.

So, since this is apparently extremely important to you..
I'll be the bigger man here and say fine..
You win here. Now please take my pictures down off of your wall!

Oh also since ypu apparently have such resentment towards me now that you wanted to take this all and make it personal...I'll bite. Yeah, you're absolutely right I haven't been around much over the past year, or so. During that time I've lost a parent, a father-in-law, a friend who's like a brother to me....spent 3 weeks laying in a hospital bed...plus had to deal with all of my other extremely painful medical issues. Oh yeah, my dog also died... so yeah, this message board wasn't anywhere close to being a priority for me for awhile now! So, is there anything else you'd like to talk about I'm regards to me not being here much?

awkward-side-eye.gif

Lmao what the fck are you talking about? Damn dude, I absolutely wreaked your vagina....didn't I? The fact that you apparently remember every single detail of one of the many arguments you get into (even if we use your time frame of) 3 years ago is unsettling!

Lol I've got to be way up on the list of people who's triggered you the worst!?

Here's the absolute truth....it's possible that you're right on the timing. I believe it was earlier then when you said it was, but we're only talking about a few months difference. It's not like I said it was back while he coached at W.V LOL. But honestly, if it wasn't for you getting your panties all bunched up...I would have forgotten about the conversation. Unlike you who now has me worried that you're a little obsessed with me.

So, since this is apparently extremely important to you..
I'll be the bigger man here and say fine..
You win here. Now please take my pictures down off of your wall!

Oh also since ypu apparently have such resentment towards me now that you wanted to take this all and make it personal...I'll bite. Yeah, you're absolutely right I haven't been around much over the past year, or so. During that time I've lost a parent, a father-in-law, a friend who's like a brother to me....spent 3 weeks laying in a hospital bed...plus had to deal with all of my other extremely painful medical issues. Oh yeah, my dog also died... so yeah, this message board wasn't anywhere close to being a priority for me for awhile now! So, is there anything else you'd like to talk about I'm regards to me not being here much?
I'm sorry to hear about your dog.

Reactions: jace4655555
That last sentence is risky considering he has a Beilein avatar. Illinois will continue looking up at Michigan in recruiting rankings. Luckily for you he’s not an actually Michigan fan.
It’s fairly obvious that if Beilein was the punishment, he isn’t a Michigan fan.

He knew Frazier from his stint as point guard for the Illini years ago. Frazier became good friends with him while he was at KSU on Weber’s staff there. Geoff Alexander was promoted from within the program. So he’s knows both hires already.

I’m well aware. You must not be up to date with what other teams are losing, college basketball has a lot more turnover nowadays. I don’t care about shitty teams that are bringing back their whole roster.

Gil was brought up more to the way I post with grammar/lack of punctuation. Maybe, I’m a bit of a homer. But the difference is, that I follow other teams and their recruits way more so I can gauge where my team is on the spectrum of college basketball.

There is only one person here who’s lack of awareness is showing.

And that sounds like a lot more to worry about than what Illinois fans have to next season.
Hahahahahahahah I don’t give a fck about grammar on a message board. I did not coin you Gillinois because of that.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Eh somewhat valid, but some of us still hold parents accountable for their kids - but for example, kid goes to college across the country , tough to hold parents accountable for their kids when the coaching staff sees them more often.
So we just forget about the previous 17 years said kid had with mom and pops? If my son goes to college, and rapes someone, that is more on me, than his coach. By the time a kid gets to campus, his morals, character is pretty much molded.....But we somehow feel its ok to blame the coach for how a kid was raised?

So we just forget about the previous 17 years said kid had with mom and pops? If my son goes to college, and rapes someone, that is more on me, than his coach. By the time a kid gets to campus, his morals, character is pretty much molded.....But we somehow feel its ok to blame the coach for how a kid was raised?

Valid - but to your scenario , was the kid in trouble previously ? Ever punished before ? These stories are not black or white , but a mix- no one person is the sole blame in these .

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Valid - but to your scenario , was the kid in trouble previously ? Ever punished before ? These stories are not black or white , but a mix- no one person is the sole blame in these .
When my son was looking for a college, I wasn't interested in someone "raising" my kid. Just someone who had my kids best interest in hand. Its our job as parents to instill morals, charcter, etc, etc...into our children----Not a coach. Coaches are getting kids from every corner of life---Good home, bad homes, disciplined---not disciplined---One parent---Or both. Its impossible to task them with each kids actions....

Again, if my boy went to school and raped, robbed, murdered , etc, etc....I would be the failure---Not his coach. The responsibility starts with us(parents).

Hahahahahahahah I don’t give a fck about grammar on a message board. I did not coin you Gillinois because of that.
You are a moron and make NC Trojan look like his takes are well thought out. I can’t wait to see the two of you have a battle. You also took the name from someone else who used it a long time ago for Illinois0. Don’t give yourself too much credit.

Reactions: johnboiler123
This isn’t the place to bring up grey areas. This place is black and white only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT