ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, he’s gone too. I know who their 4s and 5s will be, I just want them to say if so they start to understand how lacking their team is at those positions haha.
While they aren’t world beaters, they certainly are good enough to keep us around as a borderline top 25 due to our talent in the backcourt.

Jacob Grandison, Damonte
Williams and Coleman Hawkins all played minutes on last years team.

5 would more of the issue without Kofi. But Underwood seems to believe in Omar Payne. A former top 50 recruit, who had Colin Castleton make a huge leap right in front of him last year.

Nope, he’s gone too. I know who their 4s and 5s will be, I just want them to say if so they start to understand how lacking their team is at those positions haha.
The 2 guys that started at the 4 last year are still on the team this year.

Dusan Mahorcic seems like a logical big for Illinois to recruit. I mean, Illinois State is less than an hour away from Champagne. 10 ppg, 7 reb, 59% fg. Would be a nice big to have off the bench, or potentially even someone to compete with Omar Payne for the starting job.

While they aren’t world beaters, they certainly are good enough to keep us around as a borderline top 25 due to our talent in the backcourt.

Jacob Grandison, Damonte
Williams and Coleman Hawkins all played minutes on last years team.

5 would more of the issue without Kofi. But Underwood seems to believe in Omar Payne. A former top 50 recruit, who had Colin Castleton make a huge leap right in front of him last year.
Grandison, Williams, and Hawkins weren’t good last year. They were just hidden by All-Americans. Payne has a long way to go before even being serviceable, and he has no backup.

• Haha
Reactions: Archetype19
We needed a white guy with a tough last name to pronounce, now that Giorgi is gone.

Curious, why didn’t Wisconsin go after Podz very hard?

He’s top 75 on all services but ESPN.
I had never even heard of the kid when Illinois offered. We've got enough Ben Affleck's on the roster. Time will tell if he's worthy of that ranking.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Grandison, Williams, and Hawkins weren’t good last year. They were just hidden by All-Americans. Payne has a long way to go before even being serviceable, and he has no backup.
No surprise that you don’t value low usage, high efficiency players. Both hit 40%+ from 3.

I’ve already said the 5 is a question mark if Kofi doesn’t return.

We will still have one of the best backcourts in the nation to keep us competitive.

No surprise that you don’t value low usage, high efficiency players. Both hit 40%+ from 3.

I’ve already said the 5 is a question mark if Kofi doesn’t return.

We will still have one of the best backcourts in the nation to keep us competitive.
You are losing 62% of your scoring from last year. Low usage high efficiency players don’t make up for that.

You continue to harp on your backcourt, yet you only have two good players there. Your backcourt as a whole (positions 1-3 and their backups) seemingly isn’t very good. Even if Curbelo and Frazier play 40 minutes a game (they won’t), your other backcourt position is weak.

They were both poor players last year. Who starts at the 5, and who backs that player up?
My problem with your original foolish statement was that you said we were a borderline top 25 team WITH Kofi. And yet you keep pretending that you didn’t say that and all of your scenarios are now having Kofi gone. Explain to me why we are a borderline Top 25 team with Kofi.

My problem with your original foolish statement was that you said we were a borderline top 25 team WITH Kofi. And yet you keep pretending that you didn’t say that and all of your scenarios are now having Kofi gone. Explain to me why we are a borderline Top 25 team with Kofi.
Where did I pretend I didn’t say that?

Even with Kofi back I think you are a 20-30ish team. I think your 3s and 4s are very weak. Curbelo and Frazier are good, but there isn’t really anything behind them. Ayo was probably the best closer in college basketball. Factoring in a completely new assistant coaching staff, and I just don’t see how you are a top 15 team even with Kofi back.

Now, I switched my view on Kofi possibly coming back after more research yesterday. No one seems to think he is coming back including Illinois basketball sites. So I’ll take the opinion on college basketball analysts and even Illinois media rather than the opinions of Gillinois fanboys on an Internet forum. He Gone.

You are losing 62% of your scoring from last year. Low usage high efficiency players don’t make up for that.

You continue to harp on your backcourt, yet you only have two good players there. Your backcourt as a whole (positions 1-3 and their backups) seemingly isn’t very good. Even if Curbelo and Frazier play 40 minutes a game (they won’t), your other backcourt position is weak.
62% of are scoring is with Kofi gone. Which he hasn’t made any decision on yet.

Fraizer and Curbelo will both play roughly around 33 to 35 minutes a game.

Plummer is a transfer from Utah, averaged 14 a game there on solid efficiency. He will be our back-up 2.

Hutcherson is our 3. Anybody who has seen him, loves him. Including NBA scouts. Now he’s gotta stay healthy, but that’s true for all players. His back-up will most likely be top-75 recruit Brandin Podz out of Wisconsin.

Better come up with something new. As your takes age they look more foolish.

Even with Kofi back I think you are a 20-30ish team. I think your 3s and 4s are very weak. Curbelo and Frazier are good, but there isn’t really anything behind them. Ayo was probably the best closer in college basketball. Factoring in a completely new assistant coaching staff, and I just don’t see how you are a top 15 team even with Kofi back.

Now, I switched my view on Kofi possibly coming back after more research yesterday. No one seems to think he is coming back including Illinois basketball sites. So I’ll take the opinion on college basketball analysts and even Illinois media rather than the opinions of Gillinois fanboys on an Internet forum. He Gone.
Our assistant coaching staff is now the reason we aren’t top 15 with Kofi. The take continues to evolve.

Kofi may be gone but it is foolish to think if he were be back we would only be the 30th best team next year. Foolish.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I had never even heard of the kid when Illinois offered. We've got enough Ben Affleck's on the roster. Time will tell if he's worthy of that ranking.
Tough to evaluate him based on his level of competition. But 6’6 wings, who score 35 ppg on 71% from the field and 43% from 3 should at least be good role players down the road.

Reactions: jwardelt
Tough to evaluate him based on his level of competition. But 6’6 wings, who score 35 ppg on 71% from the field and 43% from 3 should at least be good role players down the road.
Will be interesting to see how he develops in comparison to our late addition in Ilver. I don't expect to see much of either this year.

62% of are scoring is with Kofi gone. Which he hasn’t made any decision on yet.

Fraizer and Curbelo will both play roughly around 33 to 35 minutes a game.

Plummer is a transfer from Utah, averaged 14 a game there on solid efficiency. He will be our back-up 2.

Hutcherson is our 3. Anybody who has seen him, loves him. Including NBA scouts. Now he’s gotta stay healthy, but that’s true for all players. His back-up will most likely be top-75 recruit Brandin Podz out of Wisconsin.

Better come up with something new. As your takes age they look more foolish.
No one but you Gillinois fanboys seem to think Kofi is coming back. Goodman just released his newest preseason top 25. Illinois is nowhere to be found.

Plummer was pretty good offensively at Utah. He was also their worst defender.

Provide the links to NBA scouts and other non Illinois media talking up Hutcherson. Shouldn’t be hard to do since there are allegedly many examples. Your freshman isn’t even ranked top 100 in the composite rankings.

Very average team without Kofi.

No one but you Gillinois fanboys seem to think Kofi is coming back. Goodman just released his newest preseason top 25. Illinois is nowhere to be found.

Plummer was pretty good offensively at Utah. He was also their worst defender.

Provide the links to NBA scouts and other non Illinois media talking up Hutcherson. Shouldn’t be hard to do since there are allegedly many examples. Your freshman isn’t even ranked top 100 in the composite rankings.

Very average team without Kofi.
We know that a decision hasn’t been made, which is completely different than what you are saying. Insider information, not too difficult to understand.

Clearly you didn’t look anything up on Plummer, dudes a fantastic on ball defender. Especially on the perimeter.

Again this is insider information. Hutcherson had scouts say he was a better long term prospect for the NBA on Illinois than Kofi or Ayo over a year ago. His dad also works for NBA players HR so it’d be a weird thing for scouts to lie about.

Rivals/247 are the only sites to look at. ESPN is garbage and can skew results on composite. This is common knowledge for anyone who follows recruiting.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Ilver has some Joe Wieskamp to his game. Definitely can make an impact if he hits the weight room hard.
His shot is a little low. We’ll see if that gets tweaked or not. It was a surprise to see him jump into the rankings at the end. Ours usually go the other way.

We know that a decision hasn’t been made, which is completely different than what you are saying. Insider information, not too difficult to understand.

Clearly you didn’t look anything up on Plummer, dudes a fantastic on ball defender. Especially on the perimeter.

Again this is insider information. Hutcherson had scouts say he was a better long term prospect for the NBA on Illinois than Kofi or Ayo over a year ago. His dad also works for NBA players HR so it’d be a weird thing for scouts to lie about.

Rivals/247 are the only sites to look at. ESPN is garbage and can skew results on composite. This is common knowledge for anyone who follows recruiting.
Didn’t your “insiders” say Antigua and Coleman were staying put too? They are clearly hacks.

No, apparently YOU didn’t look up anything on Plummer’s defense. He had a defensive rating of 107.2 (worst on the team). He has a DBPM of -0.1 (worst on the team). I’m assuming it was your Gillinois “insiders” that told you he was a “fantastic” defender.

Again with your biased “insider” info on Hutcherson lol. Do you take everything they say as gospel? I knew you wouldn’t be able to post links to anyone of relevance praising Hutcherson.

• Haha
Reactions: GOO_HAM and MGC_07

I think Podz will end up being pretty good, but you’re off about the Plummer thing. Dude is not a good defender. The advanced stats show that last year Utah was a better offensive team with him on the court but a worse defensive one. Maybe there’s clips of him being a good defender, but I trust the stats over the biased eye test of Illinois insiders.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Didn’t your “insiders” say Antigua and Coleman were staying put too? They are clearly hacks.

No, apparently YOU didn’t look up anything on Plummer’s defense. He had a defensive rating of 107.2 (worst on the team). He has a DBPM of -0.1 (worst on the team). I’m assuming it was your Gillinois “insiders” that told you he was a “fantastic” defender.

Again with your biased “insider” info on Hutcherson lol. Do you take everything they say as gospel? I knew you wouldn’t be able to post links to anyone of relevance praising Hutcherson.
Yes, our insiders are hacks. I’ve seen enough of their predictions come to fruition the last couple years. The one that told me all of this information is directly tied to the staff. So no real reason for them to be lying to him. The results will show and you’ll have a whole damn thread of terrible takes to look back at.

Yes, our insiders are hacks. I’ve seen enough of their predictions come to fruition the last couple years. The one that told me all of this information is directly tied to the staff. So no real reason for them to be lying to him. The results will show and you’ll have a whole damn thread of terrible takes to look back at.
So your “insider” is directly tied to Underwood? Idk if you missed it or not, but the rest of your staff took off.

Just so we have something concrete to look at when we come back to this, provide your predictions for each players’ numbers next year.

So your “insider” is directly tied to Underwood? Idk if you missed it or not, but the rest of your staff took off.

Just so we have something concrete to look at when we come back to this, provide your predictions for each players’ numbers next year.
You realize we only have 1 assistant spot to fill, right?

Players numbers don’t mean shit to me. I care about Illinois winning games.

You said Illinois isn’t too 4 in conference with Kofi and borderline top 50 in the nation without him. You look like a fool.

I’d be worrying way more about my own team than what Illinois is doing if I was you.

You realize we only have 1 assistant spot to fill, right?

Players numbers don’t mean shit to me. I care about Illinois winning games.

You said Illinois isn’t too 4 in conference with Kofi and borderline top 50 in the nation without him. You look like a fool.

I’d be worrying way more about my own team than what Illinois is doing if I was you.
Yes, but you claimed your “insider” was tied to the staff. You have an almost completely new staff now.

This is probably hard for you to understand, but players combined numbers are what go into winning and losing games. You lost a lot, yet you still think you are top of the Big Ten. Help us understand how you think that. Throw some numbers out there.

You’ve been here a couple of days and have already been referred to as the new Gil by at least 10 posters. Lack of self awareness.

I have nothing to worry about with IU. No one knows what to expect from them. We could suck. We could be really good.

Stay the fvxk out of Iowa. And our board!
T75QT7PXSFHYNMNQICPBWZJRDA.jpg

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Yes, but you claimed your “insider” was tied to the staff. You have an almost completely new staff now.

This is probably hard for you to understand, but players combined numbers are what go into winning and losing games. You lost a lot, yet you still think you are top of the Big Ten. Help us understand how you think that. Throw some numbers out there.

You’ve been here a couple of days and have already been referred to as the new Gil by at least 10 posters. Lack of self awareness.

I have nothing to worry about with IU. No one knows what to expect from them. We could suck. We could be really good.
He knew Frazier from his stint as point guard for the Illini years ago. Frazier became good friends with him while he was at KSU on Weber’s staff there. Geoff Alexander was promoted from within the program. So he’s knows both hires already.

I’m well aware. You must not be up to date with what other teams are losing, college basketball has a lot more turnover nowadays. I don’t care about shitty teams that are bringing back their whole roster.

Gil was brought up more to the way I post with grammar/lack of punctuation. Maybe, I’m a bit of a homer. But the difference is, that I follow other teams and their recruits way more so I can gauge where my team is on the spectrum of college basketball.

There is only one person here who’s lack of awareness is showing.

And that sounds like a lot more to worry about than what Illinois fans have to next season.

His shot is a little low. We’ll see if that gets tweaked or not. It was a surprise to see him jump into the rankings at the end. Ours usually go the other way.
I thought the same thing but I didn’t want to end up in a pissing contest like with Hail.

If he’s not expect to be in the rotation this year, he should have time to fix it by the time next year rolls around.

Overall he’s a solid small forward, that could also be valuable as a small ball 4 for stretches.

Reactions: jwardelt
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT