ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the posts you’ve read here, you call out NC for hyperbole and not Gillinois?

Doesn’t seem worth a response. The IU homer at least posts like a normal person, even if he makes some claims I think are dumb. Adam Miller was a good player, but he was hardly this absolute stud. Trent Frazier, Da’Monte Williams, Curbelo and Kofi were just as if not more important to the team during the stretch without Ayo, and we played better than a “borderline top 25 team.” If Kofi is back, along with all of the others already confirmed, it’s a hater take to say that team is BORDERLINE top 25. They’ve literally already proven to be better than that.

I get we’re all supposed to make some for IU being anointed relevant again before they play a game so they need to tear someone down to climb the standings, but I’ll bet confidently it won’t be Underwood and Illinois.

Illinois is going to suck. How much is yet to be determined.

Even without Kofi, I don’t think we’ll suck. And I think this poster’s Gillness is making y’all a bit bullish on Illinois becoming “irrelevant.” Underwood seems like a good man for the job, and history has proven a good coach has consistently ranked teams at Illinois. With Kofi, it’s frankly ridiculous to act like Illinois couldn’t compete with these other overhyped teams.

Even without Kofi, I don’t think we’ll suck. And I think this poster’s Gillness is making y’all a bit bullish on Illinois becoming “irrelevant.” Underwood seems like a good man for the job, and history has proven a good coach has consistently ranked teams at Illinois. With Kofi, it’s frankly ridiculous to act like Illinois couldn’t compete with these other overhyped teams.
This entire thread is a Gil shit show of epic proportions. Just adding to it. Illinois will be ok with or without kofi but the Illini fans here are overeating each scenario imo. Ayo was yore most clutch player in 15 years. He won a ton of games for you.

This entire thread is a Gil shit show of epic proportions. Just adding to it. Illinois will be ok with or without kofi but the Illini fans here are overeating each scenario imo. Ayo was yore most clutch player in 15 years. He won a ton of games for you.
The reason is Curbelo will be a first rounder.

It’s almost endearing that you are calling me Gil. Where’s that gonna put you in the pecking order when you lose this bet?
You never got to interact with Gil. Your new name is not a compliment.

You are going to disappear when Illinois starts to struggle next year.

Reactions: jwardelt
You never got to interact with Gil. Your new name is not a compliment.

You are going to disappear when Illinois starts to struggle next year.
Oh I know who Gil is, I’ve read this board way before you bucko.

Only schools in the Big Ten with similar potential to Illinois moving forward are the Michigan schools and Purdue.

Oh I know who Gil is, I’ve read this board way before you bucko.

Only schools in the Big Ten with similar potential to Illinois moving forward are the Michigan schools and Purdue.
Yea, everyone is shaking in their boots with Underwood landing recruiting classes with Luke Goode type players as the marquee player. And that was with your bagman.

Maybe go back to just reading. You won’t be here by the time Big Ten season starts.

Reactions: jwardelt
Yea, everyone is shaking in their boots with Underwood landing recruiting classes with Luke Goode type players as the marquee player. And that was with your bagman.

Maybe go back to just reading. You won’t be here by the time Big Ten season starts.
Only Top 25 with Kofi is all I have to say to you. Clearly you’ve been triggered.

If you think Illinois recruiting stops with Antigua being gone, you’re in for a tough reality.

Only Top 25 with Kofi is all I have to say to you. Clearly you’ve been triggered.

If you think Illinois recruiting stops with Antigua being gone, you’re in for a tough reality.
Your 2021 class was crap even with Antigua.

Kofi isn’t coming back, and I’m very comfortable having Illinois outside the top 35 without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT