ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

That’s because the Swanigan comparison is dumb, always has been dumb and you were trolled because of how dumb it was. This was purely about developing an outside shot for someone who never shot it outside. Not athleticism or anything else. It started by saying TJD should have developed an outside shot to help him go in the first round and was used as a slight on him. I said Edey should have done the same. Other PU fans disagreed and gave Edey a pass on the same development, even though it would have helped him.

So. Given it was purely about shooting the ball, Swanigan had always shot from outside, even in high school. TJD had not. So again, not a good comparison. I said a better comparison to asking TJD to shoot from deep would be to ask Edey to do the same thing. I don’t understand why you can’t comprehend this.

Again, this isn’t about who would get drafted higher, athleticism or their potential in the NBA. It was purely about just throwing out someone should have learned to shoot from deep is an idiotic comment to make.
First of all, I haven't been able to find any information on Swanigan shooting 3's in high school. If you have a link, it would be appreciated.

Second, if you think the Swanigan comparison is dumb, then the Edey comparison is even dumber. They are just not alike at all.

I don't know what everyone was saying early on, but when I stepped in, it was clear to me what the argument was about and that's what I went with.

How many guys do you see get drafted high for the NBA that cannot shoot?

First of all, I haven't been able to find any information on Swanigan shooting 3's in high school. If you have a link, it would be appreciated.

Second, if you think the Swanigan comparison is dumb, then the Edey comparison is even dumber. They are just not alike at all.

I don't know what everyone was saying early on, but when I stepped in, it was clear to me what the argument was about and that's what I went with.

They should learn to shoot then. Edey included.

Reactions: texanhoosier1982

I’ve explained it. You can’t comprehend it or are choosing to disregard it. Either way, the Swanigan comparison is dumb. Full stop.

A few B1G commits still alive for the U19 team:

Looks like Fears and Catchings didn't make the next cut. Still two more guys to be cut and Colvin is the only current B1G commit.

FymS9hPXoAIEpBJ

JHS at 13
TJD at 30

Seems like there is a possibility TJD could sneak into the first round. I would argue his additional development has helped him. But we'll have to wait and see what actually happens.

JHS at 13
TJD at 30

Seems like there is a possibility TJD could sneak into the first round. I would argue his additional development has helped him. But we'll have to wait and see what actually happens.
He did a great job of improving his handle. I'm still not sure where he fits in the NBA but he certainly has the athleticism to fit in and that seems to be an extremely important part of the equation.

He did a great job of improving his handle. I'm still not sure where he fits in the NBA but he certainly has the athleticism to fit in and that seems to be an extremely important part of the equation.
I honestly think what gets him paid is defense.

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
I honestly think what gets him paid is defense.
It's possible but what position does he play? He's never defended 4's regularly, has he? Not sure he's big enough to defend 5's. Then again, I don't really follow the NBA closely so.....

It's possible but what position does he play? He's never defended 4's regularly, has he? Not sure he's big enough to defend 5's. Then again, I don't really follow the NBA closely so.....
Have little doubt he could guard the 4...TJD is crazy athletic. long....very agile, good lateral quickness. Great timing. Also feel he'd be decent in PNR---and IF he could knock down a 10-footer............

He's sneaking up the draft board. I'd say there's a reason for that.

I’m not familiar with what the rest of the conference brings but outside of the obvious #1 and #2 (Michigan and Ohio State) how does the rest of the conference rank in football?

MSU should suck again.

Happy Father’s Day to the dads on the board. For the rest of you, don’t fret. You’ll get laid someday.

So Gary Barta announces his retirement from University of Iowa. Some WTF leads team USA to a thrashing of Mexico and Canada. As WTF leads team USA to a thrashing of Mexico and Canada, the people in charge of team USA decide that after 6 months of blood sweat tears, they're running it back with Gregg Berhalter? Tell me Gary Barta wasn't in on this shit. Tell me Gary Barta didn't orchestrate this

So Gary Barta announces his retirement from University of Iowa. Some WTF leads team USA to a thrashing of Mexico and Canada. As WTF leads team USA to a thrashing of Mexico and Canada, the people in charge of team USA decide that after 6 months of blood sweat tears, they're running it back with Gregg Berhalter? Tell me Gary Barta wasn't in on this shit. Tell me Gary Barta didn't orchestrate this

ADVERTISEMENT