ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Shannon and Hawkins back. RayJ Dennis by the end of the week. And we still should have another surprise addition to the team eventually as well. Good week.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Word is that anyone that thinks Utah still has a chance hasn’t had their info updated in over a week.
The experts on Twitter seem to think he’s Baylor bound. Don’t shoot the messenger

The experts on Twitter seem to think he’s Baylor bound. Don’t shoot the messenger
That’s fine. He may be, but there’s smoke coming from Illinois too. Utah isn’t in the equation anymore.

Then he’s told multiple staffs yesterday that he’s committing to them today. Which does occasionally happen.

Reactions: Jaycg15

Can’t ever say we schedule like Iowa. So we got that going for us, which is nice.

Should we compare NCAA tournament wins to your One and Done center that is finally moving on after his senior season?
Lol. This is the standard Purdue nonsense. Just because a kid is a 5* doesn't mean he's a one and done. But I get it. You guys don't routinely get 5* players so you don't really understand.

Why don't we compare the seeds of the teams TJD and Edey got beat by in the tourney. That would be fun.

Lol. This is the standard Purdue nonsense. Just because a kid is a 5* doesn't mean he's a one and done. But I get it. You guys don't routinely get 5* players so you don't really understand.

Why don't we compare the seeds of the teams TJD and Edey got beat by in the tourney. That would be fun.
I’m curious how many IU fans thought TJD would stay 4 years when he signed with them? I’m guessing very few and I’d imagine most would guess he’d be there maybe 2 years. Now NIL played a big part in him coming back for his senior year but even if NIL wasn’t a thing he was a mid to late second round pick at best?

I’m curious how many IU fans thought TJD would stay 4 years when he signed with them? I’m guessing very few and I’d imagine most would guess he’d be there maybe 2 years. Now NIL played a big part in him coming back for his senior year but even if NIL wasn’t a thing he was a mid to late second round pick at best?

TJD had the Archie Miller anchor wrapped around his neck his first couple seasons floating in an ocean with no life preservers in sight.

I don't think it's surprising his college career played out the way it did.

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
TJD had the Archie Miller anchor wrapped around his neck his first couple seasons floating in an ocean with no life preservers in sight.

I don't think it's surprising his college career played out the way it did.
I'm still stunned he never learned to shoot beyond 8 feet. Dude oozes athleticism and is missing only a serviceable jumper from being a for sure 1st round pick and maybe late lottery pick IMO.

Last edited:
I'm still stunned he never learned to shoot beyond 8 feet. Dude oozes athleticism and is missing only a serviceable jumper from being a for sure 1st round pick and maybe late lottery pick IMO.

His back injuries the last couple seasons didn't help his confidence shooting.

You could tell he was laboring the most in games where his free throw form was stiff.

Hoosiers explode for 5 in the 9th----leading WVU 12-6. Still batting with 2-outs. Hang on and IU faces UK tomorrow at 6.

IU wins, 12-6. Face UK tomorrow at 6. Winner of that one in the drivers seat.

Reactions: Middawg
Saw him quite a feew times in HS----Worked 2 games----Watched his team get waxed by Romeo Langford led New Albany in regional final. At no time seeing him as a junior.or a senior did I think he was a OAD. 2+ years was an easy initial thought. Thought he might go afer his sophomore year---just b/c. But was not surprised he ended up at IU for four years...

Not much to talk about so....

8 B1G teams:

1 Purdue
1 MSU
5 Illinois
7 Wisky
9 NW
9 Maryland
10 IU
11 Rutgers

OSU - first four out
Iowa - next four out
Man if IU is a 10-seed, JFC Woody shit the bead. I know we lost dudes----but damn.

XJ
Galloway
Mgbako(5*)
Reneau(5*)
Ware(5*)

CUpps is solid....Newton may have been a Top 10-20 kid if not for injuring his knee. Still a solid get. Gunn, Banks, Edwards and Sparks.

Solid starting 5----Yep there are questions for sure...But a 10-seed?

Man if IU is a 10-seed, JFC Woody shit the bead. I know we lost dudes----but damn.

XJ
Galloway
Mgbako(5*)
Reneau(5*)
Ware(5*)

CUpps is solid....Newton may have been a Top 10-20 kid if not for injuring his knee. Still a solid get. Gunn, Banks, Edwards and Sparks.

Curious where you get the β€œmay have been a top 10-20 kid if not for injuring his knee”. What’s that based on?

XJ
Galloway
Mgbako(5*)
Reneau(5*)
Ware(5*)

Barttorvik has IU projected for 28th right now so around a 7/8 seed. That more in line with what you would be guessing? I think they’ll be a talented team on paper but will need to figure out their functionality as a team as the season goes on, especially on offense.

Barttorvik has IU projected for 28th right now so around a 7/8 seed. That more in line with what you would be guessing? I think they’ll be a talented team on paper but will need to figure out their functionality as a team as the season goes on, especially on offense.
Yeah....Talented on paper as you say---Agree, 100%. How that talent meshes, or IF that talent surfaces is a question----Expecially with Ware. IF....IF Ware reaches his potential, AND Mgbako is as advertised---could be a really good club.

Lot of questions for sure.

Reactions: otte21
Curious where you get the β€œmay have been a top 10-20 kid if not for injuring his knee”. What’s that based on?
Top 60 recruit before injuring his knee as a junior, missing the entire AAU. season..Did not play until Feb, in his senior year---i Believe only playing 5 games.----Even then, was still nominated for the MCDAA Game.

He fell of the radar after his injury. Athletic freak...can score at the rim...jumper starting to develop. If he's 100%, IU got an absolute steal with this kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT