ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Hoping Iowa-Maryland goes into like 3 OTs tomorrow night, lol. We are theoretically good enough to win in Carver, but not if Iowa is on their game and raining 3s. If we get the Iowa that played Michigan, I don’t like our chances. The Iowa that played Wisconsin is much more beatable. When Iowa is shooting lights out, they win 90% of the time.
I like you.

Reactions: Hawkmi
Iowa's adj O is #3 and their opponents adj O is #9, right now they are playing at a very high level. the biggest/best thing going forward is the game is slowing down for Toussaint. the fastest PG that Fran has got in at Iowa.

Toussaint is leading them in spg @1.3 and to think he just started 7 games ago. he had his best game against Wisconsin with

25 minutes
11 points
4 assists
1 steal
to just 1 TO which has been his biggest issue to date. as he goes so does this team going forward, Iowa has/had been missing that dribble drive and dish type of PG plus his type of defense.

Probably the one guy in the league that can out perform Luka. But I'll take Luka's heart and effort any day.
Cockburn is good but young. I expect Garza to school him early and often, especially at Iowa.

what are the guidelines when it comes to naming a player as the BT 6th MOY? can a player have a couple starts or does he have to be a player with 0 starts?

as for Garza the only one that played Garza solidly was Oturo of Minnesota,
31 minutes
22 points
12 rbs
1 assist
1 steal
5 blocks

the really bad was he had 8 TO's

Garza's stats same game
30 minutes
21 points
10 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal
1 block
with 3 TO's

as for the FT's
Iowa 10-14
Minnesota 4-8
in a 72-52 loss to Iowa. looking forward to the rematch in the Barn.

if not for the year that Garza is having he would be my pick for the BT POY.,

Poole at least had an elite skill (shooting). TJD will have to play the 4 in the nba. Without a jumpshot, that will be very hard.

Also, the talk here in CG is that he will go through the draft process and withdraw his name unless he gets a 1st round guarantee. He wants to be a lottery pick and knows that won’t be the case after this year.
Maybe, or maybe a team sees another John Collins type. Kid didn’t take a 3 while he was at Georgia tech but was drafted because he was a good athlete, good rebounder, efficient scorer on the block, good shot blocker, and the potential to develop more as he goes through the NBA. If TJD had a jump shot right now he’d be a sure-fire lottery pick this season. But late first round is an absolute possibility, even absent jump shot.

Maybe, or maybe a team sees another John Collins type. Kid didn’t take a 3 while he was at Georgia tech but was drafted because he was a good athlete, good rebounder, efficient scorer on the block, good shot blocker, and the potential to develop more as he goes through the NBA. If TJD had a jump shot right now he’d be a sure-fire lottery pick this season. But late first round is an absolute possibility, even absent jump shot.
I would be surprised at this point if he were picked in the first round this year. No jumpshot or left hand. I’m the biggest TJD fan there is, but I don’t see him getting drafted 1st round this year.

I believe he will be around to dominate in the the B1G for one more year:cool:.

DraftKings offering 51 over in the IU/Penn State game - at least in Indiana - as a promo. Max 50 bet pays 45. Free money.

2 charge calls on rocket (should be 1 but who cares). Good thing we are playing NW at home and it won’t matter.

Cockburn is good but young. I expect Garza to school him early and often, especially at Iowa.

Also, knowing how horribly biased B1G refs have been in favor of home teams, I imagine Garza will he allowed to have his way down low, while Kofi has another Michigan-type performance, hampered by fouls. If we’re gonna beat them, we’ll have played excellent defense, Iowa will have at best an average shooting night and our guards will have huge games. I think we can take them in Champaign, but in IC will be tough. Curious to watch them at Maryland.

Reactions: cmore79
Also, knowing how horribly biased B1G refs have been in favor of home teams, I imagine Garza will he allowed to have his way down low, while Kofi has another Michigan-type performance, hampered by fouls. If we’re gonna beat them, we’ll have played excellent defense, Iowa will have at best an average shooting night and our guards will have huge games. I think we can take them in Champaign, but in IC will be tough. Curious to watch them at Maryland.
you do realize that Garza has been beat up all season long, also Garza beats people because of his skills and not by beating them up right?

ADVERTISEMENT