ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

21230841_1541768849219928_6213059925414347159_n.jpg
welp Minnesota does play @ Iowa tonight. the Garza vs Oturo matchup looks to be a good one

His mobility isn't impacted. His mentality is what's changed.

Just listened to a podcast with Dane Fife and he talks about the mental struggles he dealt with playing. Some good content. People tend to forget that these players are one very young adults and two are our entertainment. They are still real people and with real struggles like everyone else.

I really doubt it. Word is that scouts want to see him expand his game. I could see him going because he wants to, but I think he's a 2nd round draft pick.

Thinking that will be the same with TJD. He will have some good games in conference and some other welcome to the B1G moments. He is shooting well from the free throw line, but hasn't taken an outside jump shot. I think that will keep him around for at least 2 years.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Thinking that will be the same with TJD. He will have some good games in conference and some other welcome to the B1G moments. He is shooting well from the free throw line, but hasn't taken an outside jump shot. I think that will keep him around for at least 2 years.
He has been looking real comfortable - was not expecting that this soon. Kid can play. Hopefully he develops a decent enough outside game.

Reactions: klize17
His mobility isn't impacted. His mentality is what's changed.
did not mean it seem like he had. was just offering a opinion on a player any player for that matter.

Garza put on some weight and he looks and plays like a different player from last year. plus he is not doing by trying to be a bull in china store.

is he playing the 4 like I predicted he would?

is he playing the 4 like I predicted he would?

I wouldn't call what he plays the 4 but he has defended the more athletic big on the other team. Against Wisconsin he played the 5 as Brunk and Davis' minutes were cut.

IU has been starting both TJD and Brunk. I feel that begins to change.

I wouldn't call what he plays the 4 but he has defended the more athletic big on the other team. Against Wisconsin he played the 5 as Brunk and Davis' minutes were cut.

IU has been starting both TJD and Brunk. I feel that begins to change.
thanks. personnally I still think he would be a better 4 than a 5.

I'm not disappointed. Not sure who was pulling the strings but the 3 man front at times was ridiculous. Hopefully we bring in someone with a more aggressive scheme.

Hope we open up the war chest if we need to.

Think we'll likely see IU and PU around this spot all year. Maybe even in and out of the rankings.
Can't speak to IU because I haven't seen you much but I've felt Purdue would hover between 20 and 30 most of the season and it's largely played out that way. Given the schedule, I figured we'd lose a couple early and fall out of the top 25 but have a chance to get back in. Just need to beat Butler next week (tall order) and of course Nebraska and Ohio before them and we'll be ranked again.

Can't speak to IU because I haven't seen you much but I've felt Purdue would hover between 20 and 30 most of the season and it's largely played out that way. Given the schedule, I figured we'd lose a couple early and fall out of the top 25 but have a chance to get back in. Just need to beat Butler next week (tall order) and of course Nebraska and Ohio before them and we'll be ranked again.

If IU goes 2-0 (UConn and Nebraska) this week they will probably be pretty close if not in depending on who loses.

Reactions: SNU0821
Ha. Sean Morris just showed video of Garza against Teske and said his footwork was superb. Of course, the footage they were showing included him moving his pivot foot (not called tho).

If Minnesota shoots 52% from three tonight, who's fault will it be?

1) Minnesota
2) The officials
3) The short turnaround since the Michigan game
4) Players looking ahead to Iowa State
5) All of the above

Reactions: bMORE607
lets see Minnesota is avg'ing 72.4 ppg now the question is can Minnesota come close to their Defense of 61st in stopping Iowa

ADVERTISEMENT