ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

God damnit missed on the over. Thanks for not being able to score a TD on 1st and goal from the 2 OSU. Pathetic.

LOL @bMORE607 on that catch. If they score here...

giphy.gif

Edit we good SmokinSmile

Has Va Tech won a game since beating you guys (smiley face)

Not sure and dont really care. No hauser, no Langford, Winstons brother committing suicide, Watts with a stress fracture. I really don’t have any expectations for this MSU team anymore. Maybe we can grab a 5 seed and make the S16.

Good thing we play Rutgers and NW this week. Have a month to get healthier and figure things out.

Last edited:
Not sure and dont really care. No hauser, no Langford, Winstons brother committing suicide, Watts with a stress fracture. I really don’t have any expectations for this MSU team anymore. Maybe we can grab a 5 seed and make the S16.

Good thing we play Rutgers and NW this week. Have a month to get healthier and figure things out.

Yeah I can’t doubt, Langford is a Big loss, but wasn’t it doubtful Hauser was going to play this season?

Hoosiers going to the Gator Bowl. Free recruiting in a huge recruiting area. Primetime on ESPN.

This is why if you are mediocre program or terrible program you schedule 3 wins in the non conference.

Already a couple of commitments today with a few more to follow. Best shape the IU football program has probably ever been in.

Hoosiers going to the Gator Bowl. Free recruiting in a huge recruiting area. Primetime on ESPN.

This is why if you are mediocre program or terrible program you schedule 3 wins in the non conference.

Already a couple of commitments today with a few more to follow. Best shape the IU football program has probably ever been in.

Better shape than basketball, amirite?

;)

Congrats on the gator bowl!

hey now can't use injured players as a excuse, or at least that's what I have been told.

you are to play at a very high level NO MATTER WHO or HOW many players you lose to injury.

congrats on the bowl game, if you are going. have fun.

Reactions: klize17

Huge. Now, if IU can go out, and beat Tenn? Man. Allen really has the program headed in a great direction. A direction I feel Hep had us on, as well.

Reactions: theetommyt

I go back and forth on the non-conference schedule thing. I don’t want Purdue to schedule three cupcakes but I’d also not like it to be 3 legit teams either. Maybe somewhere in between?

I go back and forth on the non-conference schedule thing. I don’t want Purdue to schedule three cupcakes but I’d also not like it to be 3 legit teams either. Maybe somewhere in between?
Yep. Next year we play two 10 win G5 teams and have a road trip to Boston College in the non-con. We have no business scheduling like that.

I don’t think Brohm wants to schedule easy though.
Why wouldn’t he though? With the way college football is setup, there’s zero incentive to play a tough non-con schedule. SOS doesn’t matter, increased chance for injuries, a bad win is better than a good L in football. There’s a reason teams like Alabama & Clemson play the citadel in week 10 randomly.

Reactions: klize17
I liked Hayden's thoughts on scheduling
1st schedule someone you think you can beat easily [cup cake]
2nd schedule someone that is = to your team
3rd schedule one that is better on paper than your team
worked out pretty well for him, even KF's for the longest time when there were 4 OOC games scheduled 2 P5 teams every year.

with the BT going to nine games and teams needing 7 home games to pay the bill it made it harder to schedule teams that also need 7 games,

I don’t think Brohm wants to schedule easy though.
Why, though? I get it to an extent in basketball. But not football. There is no SOS to really considered. You are either Bowl eligible, or you or not. Pretty simple.

Why wouldn’t he though? With the way college football is setup, there’s zero incentive to play a tough non-con schedule. SOS doesn’t matter, increased chance for injuries, a bad win is better than a good L in football. There’s a reason teams like Alabama & Clemson play the citadel in week 10 randomly.

We’ve played Bama & LSU recently. Have a home/home with Bama in the future. Two neutral games with Notre Lame coming up. Scheduling three cupcakes is something Crean would do. Three cupcakes is boring as shit.

ADVERTISEMENT