ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

This Purdue - Northwestern game is a shootout

HeartyUnpleasantGoat-size_restricted.gif

We’ve played Bama & LSU recently. Have a home/home with Bama in the future. Two neutral games with Notre Lame coming up. Scheduling three cupcakes is something Crean would do. Three cupcakes is boring as shit.
Yeah, I don't want 3 cupcakes. I want one P5 opponent every year. The year it's at home, I want a decent road game. The year it's on the road, I want two cupcakes.

Reactions: jwardelt
We’ve played Bama & LSU recently. Have a home/home with Bama in the future. Two neutral games with Notre Lame coming up. Scheduling three cupcakes is something Crean would do. Three cupcakes is boring as shit.
I don’t disagree but until college football changes it’s format; id schedule 3 cupcakes 10/10 times. & this is coming from someone that wishes every Purdue non-con basketball game was against a top 25 opponent. I know scheduling tougher teams in the non-con better prepares you, but I just don’t see the incentive for it in football like I do in basketball.

Purdue is trying to get back to being a consistent bowl team and build a foundation. You guys are trying to elevate to the next level. I think we should have different approaches to scheduling.

Also wasn’t three cupcakes the Wisconsin model for a long long time? Or am I mistaken?

Well this half of basketball was the ugliest thing I’ve watched all year. Lol.

Purdue is trying to get back to being a consistent bowl team and build a foundation. You guys are trying to elevate to the next level. I think we should have different approaches to scheduling.

Also wasn’t three cupcakes the Wisconsin model for a long long time? Or am I mistaken?

I think we were the cupcake for many years. Even 20 years ago we had decent non con games. Certain years that was definitely the case. Not every year though.

IU Purdue Football is nowhere near Wisconsin level

Reactions: theetommyt
Eastern is such a stout defender, does the little things on that end

But my god his offense is baffling to watch

Hope he figures it out otherwise Purdue’s ceiling is more limited.

Not sure and dont really care. No hauser, no Langford, Winstons brother committing suicide, Watts with a stress fracture. I really don’t have any expectations for this MSU team anymore. Maybe we can grab a 5 seed and make the S16.

Good thing we play Rutgers and NW this week. Have a month to get healthier and figure things out.

giphy.gif

Tom is that you?

Basketball/football scheduling, for postseason aspirations, is much, much different. Unlike basketball, not "everyone" has an opportunity to win a National title. I mean, c'mon, the road to a title in CFB, is much different than the road to a title in CBB. There is no tournament. There are no possibilities of making a "March run", so to speak, in CFB. So scheduling difficult in CFB, for those 3 open dates, is silly. Especially if you play in a P5 conference. And even more so if you are a program like Indiana. IU isn't going to compete for a National title. They are competing for a BOWL. So to schedule a game, and or games, versus the likes of Bama, Notre Dame, etc, etc...would be committing "bowl eligibility suicide", so to speak. And really for Wisconsin to do so, is sorta of ignorant. Wisky is a program that can put itself in a position to get to the CFB playoff. SOS is irrelevant to an extent. So why schedule Alabama? Or Notre Dame? Why take the chance of an early loss---or losses, that could basically eliminate you from contention for a national title?

Scheduling for football, versus basketball, in terms of postseason, is much different.

Winston is just a shell of his former self. He’s broke. And I can’t blame him. I wouldn’t be able to recover either from a sudden suicide of a sibling.

He will still be decent but he isn’t taking over games like he used to.

Basketball/football scheduling, for postseason aspirations, is much, much different. Unlike basketball, not "everyone" has an opportunity to win a National title. I mean, c'mon, the road to a title in CFB, is much different than the road to a title in CBB. There is no tournament. There are no possibilities of making a "March run", so to speak, in CFB. So scheduling difficult in CFB, for those 3 open dates, is silly. Especially if you play in a P5 conference. And even more so if you are a program like Indiana. IU isn't going to compete for a National title. They are competing for a BOWL. So to schedule a game, and or games, versus the likes of Bama, Notre Dame, etc, etc...would be committing "bowl eligibility suicide", so to speak. And really for Wisconsin to do so, is sorta of ignorant. Wisky is a program that can put itself in a position to get to the CFB playoff. SOS is irrelevant to an extent. So why schedule Alabama? Or Notre Dame? Why take the chance of an early loss---or losses, that could basically eliminate you from contention for a national title?

Scheduling for football, versus basketball, in terms of postseason, is much different.

A loss to Bama, etc won’t take you out of the cfp. Still need to win the B1G and go undefeated in the B1G.

Winston is just a shell of his former self. He’s broke. And I can’t blame him. I wouldn’t be able to recover either from a sudden suicide of a sibling.

He will still be decent but he isn’t taking over games like he used to.
He’ll be fine. Too good to not get back to where he was.

ADVERTISEMENT