ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Oh, if you want to talk moving screens, your bigs would have all fouled out.

See how we can play this game all night?
All I’m saying is don’t call cheap fouls at end of game. I didn’t and would never want a foul on way to be called there for moving.

Yeah, I definitely think MSU should double in the post to protect Sissoko from foul trouble.

Edey didn’t have a great game passing out of the post vs Nebraska, but I’d bet Painter has been working on it since then as most teams are going to use that strategy moving forward.

Dickinson is getting the same treatment recently and its slowed him down as well.
I was wrong and they really let Sissoko play him 1:1 for long stretches. Then they started having Hoggard (or whoever was on Morton) play centerfield to help.

Slugfest of a game. I’ll take the dub.

Wonder if Izzo has figured out how to close his mouth yet. Was getting ready for Loyer’s balls imo

I was wrong and they really let Sissoko play him 1:1 for long stretches. Then they started having Hoggard (or whoever was on Morton) play centerfield to help.

Wonder if Izzo has figured out how to close his mouth yet. Was getting ready for Loyer’s balls imo
Loyer today:

It was the typical B1G wrestling match/football game with 2 of the most physical teams. Other than the Edey body slam it wasn't bad.
They still do the thing where it’s the most physical game on earth then randomly they call an off ball foul that could’ve been called 4 times on every possession in the game before that.

It’s baffling.

Either way, the issue is that they’re letting games get far too physical. Then when it gets tight they know they can’t let the slop defense go and actually call fouls.

Reactions: jwardelt

Izzo basically did the opposite of what we thought he’d do lmao.

Hoggard was the only player who would dig down on Edey.

Surprised he didn’t send a quick double on the last play at a minimum

Izzo basically did the opposite of what we thought he’d do lmao.

Hoggard was the only player who would dig down on Edey.

Surprised he didn’t send a quick double on the last play at a minimum
I’ll need to see the replay, but it helped that we were subbing Morton out who was the guy they were comfortably helping off of.

But the gameplan was exactly the opposite of what I/we expected…but what he’s consistently done against us. Been pretty effective.

I’ll need to see the replay, but it helped that we were subbing Morton out who was the guy they were comfortably helping off of.

But the gameplan was exactly the opposite of what I/we expected…but what he’s consistently done against us. Been pretty effective.
I would’ve helped off anyone but Loyer in that scenario.

No way I’m letting Edey turn to the middle without having him meet a second defender.

Reactions: VulvHa
You’re probably right and should be called that way 100% of the time.
Purdue used to be a clutch, grab, jersey pull, push, and pressure team in the early Painter years. We are now an offensive free flow team so I’d be 100% cool with the refs calling it like that. I probably wouldn’t have been happy about it though during the Kramer years.

You can blame me for the jinx if they lose.
I think you keep it rolling tho.

I did think MSU was gonna win on Friday tho so what do I know.
I’m most worried for Ohio State next Tuesday tbh. They have size on the wing and always play us tough.

I’d be pretty disappointed with a home loss to a depleted Indiana.

But thanks, I will definitely blame you now if we loss either!

I think Illinois is much better than than they have shown based on team construction. Could be very dangerous if they can put it all togather.
What’s weird is we DID show how much better we were (beating UCLA and Texas) before randomly melting down for a while and recovering. 😂 Weird season, but we’ve looked good lately and more importantly, tough.

Don’t really feel this way tho I do think Painter is starting to own Izzo, having lost to him just 3 times in the last 7 years.

Purdue will win the rematch at Mackey by 20+ points
We’ll reload next year. This year is a good one to be down in the Big Ten. Purdue seems to be the only team worth a shit in the conference. Almost everyone has 3-5 B10 losses at this point. Pretty comical.

ADVERTISEMENT