ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Between MSU fans being annoyed about Michigan football having a great season and then Hunter Dickinson’s comments over the past couple weeks……. Yeah Breslin is going to be rocking. Not good for our team that is the second most inexperienced in the conference. Their first taste of a real road game atmosphere.
Hunter Dickinson is up there with the all time most hated athlete for MSU fans. In recent years we didn’t like Mo Wagner, but just more because he was good and would do some goofy celebrations after cooking Nick Ward.

Hunter is an active antagonist on and off the court. I guarantee some fvck you Hunter chants.

Hunter Dickinson is up there with the all time most hated athlete for MSU fans. In recent years we didn’t like Mo Wagner, but just more because he was good and would do some goofy celebrations after cooking Nick Ward.

Hunter is an active antagonist on and off the court. I guarantee some fvck you Hunter chants.
dick-head-that-guy-a-dick-head.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bMORE607 and MGC_07
MSU best Michigan in the Covid year at Breslin even when UM was a superior by just abusing Hunter Dickinson in pick and roll. He would Shaq the screens (really his only option) and Rocket Watts was just goddamn nailing those 15-18 foot jumpers, easily his best game that whole year.

Last year at Breslin, really got that win by forcing Dickinson to guard Joey down the stretch and abusing him in pick and roll.
It’ll be interesting though. We tried to do Joey on him again at Michigan, and Hunter more severely punished us for that at the other end in that one.

I’m just super interested in the strategic matchup we’ll see. Dickinson clearly is talented and when he gets going is tough to stop, but if you can exploit him on the other end it can be there downfall. Just got to see which way it teeters.

MSU best Michigan in the Covid year at Breslin even when UM was a superior by just abusing Hunter Dickinson in pick and roll. He would Shaq the screens (really his only option) and Rocket Watts was just goddamn nailing those 15-18 foot jumpers, easily his best game that whole year.

Last year at Breslin, really got that win by forcing Dickinson to guard Joey down the stretch and abusing him in pick and roll.
It’ll be interesting though. We tried to do Joey on him again at Michigan, and Hunter more severely punished us for that at the other end in that one.

I’m just super interested in the strategic matchup we’ll see. Dickinson clearly is talented and when he gets going is tough to stop, but if you can exploit him on the other end it can be there downfall. Just got to see which way it teeters.

Do you think Dickinson’s comments the past couple weeks add any extra spice to the game

Thanks Turge for this , set MD back three years, who knows if Willard is the guy.

Just awful basketball right now ….

Reactions: jwardelt
Do you think Dickinson’s comments the past couple weeks add any extra spice to the game
I mean from the fanbase absolutely. I think the Izzone is going to be hostile. He’ll get roaring boo’s anytime he touches the ball. I think it’ll be somewhat close to Beard returning to Texas Tech. I mean he called us a safety school, our fans softest in the country, and his cohosts called Izzo hitler.

I just hope it doesn’t get to incident level. I can tell you for sure after all that happened it won’t be coming from the team, but I just hope Dickinson doesn’t get anymore than just boo’s from the fanbase.

But honestly, knowing the Izzone sits right there, I wouldn’t be shocked if something happens from some of the dumbest, frattiest Spartans. Some food or something could definitely be tossed as Hunter because of his comments.

@hailtoyourvictor and not to say that it won’t be a chippy game. I know for a fact our players don’t like him, I think it’ll be physical.

I’d just be shocked if anything in court “happens”. First big meeting since tunnel, Izzo has said repeatedly in interviews we want to beat them with class and will be pissed if the fanbase doesn’t show class too. I think he’s just about choke our players if they get into an altercation, just imagine the publicity. I can already picture the Freep headlines.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
I mean from the fanbase absolutely. I think the Izzone is going to be hostile. He’ll get roaring boo’s anytime he touches the ball. I think it’ll be somewhat close to Beard returning to Texas Tech. I mean he called us a safety school, our fans softest in the country, and his cohosts called Izzo hitler.

I just hope it doesn’t get to incident level. I can tell you for sure after all that happened it won’t be coming from the team, but I just hope Dickinson doesn’t get anymore than just boo’s from the fanbase.

But honestly, knowing the Izzone sits right there, I wouldn’t be shocked if something happens from some of the dumbest, frattiest Spartans. Some food or something could definitely be tossed as Hunter because of his comments.

I have home boarders telling me it won’t add any fuel. I disagree.

Reactions: MGC_07
Purdue starting to hit shots.....Awfully good when they are hitting from the perimeter.

Not to make excuses especially considering MSU lost to Northwestern at home but MSU only getting Northwestern, Maryland, and Minnesota once and all at home is a brutal scheduling blow.

ADVERTISEMENT