ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

“Eventually you are what your numbers say you are” is almost ringing too true for Purdue. So many pieces that should be good shooters are simply not hitting in the last 8 or so games. & as Painter has said “Some of these guys are here because they can shoot the ball”. AKA if they weren’t shooters the Ben Afflecks on the roster wouldn’t have been offered a scholarship.

Still think that will come around but man team is definitely lacking confidence from the perimeter right now.

“Eventually you are what your numbers say you are” is almost ringing too true for Purdue. So many pieces that should be good shooters are simply not hitting in the last 8 or so games. & as Painter has said “Some of these guys are here because they can shoot the ball”. AKA if they weren’t shooters the Ben Afflecks on the roster wouldn’t have been offered a scholarship.

Still think that will come around but man team is definitely lacking confidence from the perimeter right now.
Trying to think of the last time we had a white pg. it’s been a couple decades. Seems like something Iowa would try and do.

200w.gif

Just saw a comment that Mackey reached 122.2 DB last night, which is the 2nd loudest the arena has ever recorded. Proud of my guys for winning in a tough environment last evening.

Just saw a comment that Mackey reached 122.2 DB last night, which is the 2nd loudest the arena has ever recorded. Proud of my guys for winning in a tough environment last evening.
Pretty wild it got that loud without students on campus. Congrats on the win.

Get yourself right Patrick. I've got a daughter who battles anxiety (at times severe) and I can't imagine trying to perform in front of 15K people with it lurking.

Anxiety is no joke. I use to "make fun" of aunt over this---Seemed she was always having an anxiety attack, or something...

Then I was diagnosed with it. Without medications, there is no chance I could function. Crazy thing is---It doesn't give me issues when officiating. I feel just fine. But man there are times at night I will wake up, and my goodness.....

Prayers for the guy. And your daughter as well.

You should see some of the sky-is-falling posters on our board. One guy is freaking out because we’re 1-5 against Rutgers in the last 6. I’m like dude we lost on two buzzer beaters/end of game shots relax. And it’s not like you guys suck haha.
I post/visit there less and less. My annual is up in April and I doubt I'll renew.

My post earlier gave me a thought. If you were to list the B1G coaches you like/respect/appreciate (however you want to categorize them), how would you list them? Here are mine:

1. Matt Painter - Duh. Obviously homerism but also the dude does things the right way and is an incredible listen when he talks basketball
  2. Micah Shrewsberry - Some more Purdue allegiance but also, damn can this dude coach offense. I was bummed when he took a job in the B1G
  3. Steve Pikiell - They just play so hard and he seems like a good dude
  4. Chris Holtmann - I know the results haven't been as good as those few OSU fans who care about basketball want but I was very happy when IU didn't hire this guy and instead hired Archie Miller.
  5. Greg Gard - I hate playing them. I hate their scheme. But they know what they do and they do it well. Plus, he was willing to stand up to someone raised by Chicago.
  6. Ben Johnson - There are three subsets of coaches for me. Coaches I respect. Coaches I don't have much of an opinion one way or another on. And coaches I have issue with. Ben Johnson seems like a nice enough guy
  7. Kevin Willard - See Johnson, Ben
  8. Fred Hoiberg - I not really a fan of leaning heavily into the transfer portal but I can't really blame the guy as Nebrasketball is what it is
  9. Mike Woodson - I'm sure most thought he'd be last because he's at IU but I don't really have anything negative or positive to say about him. I expect frequent naps for the next few years until he hands the reins over to some other IU douche.
  10. Brad Underwood - Seems like a guy I'd like to have a beer with but also seems shady and willing to dabble in impropriety (you don't have Lamont Evans on staff and not know what he was doing IMO)
  11. Chris Collins - A whiny little bitch living off of one lucky NCAA tournament appearance. Plus he's a Coach K disciple so....
  12. Fran McCaffery - Just a jackass on the court and crazy that he doesn't recognize the need to improve the defense
  13. Tom Izzo - No need to rehash but I truly believe this dude put wins above character and culture. Respect the success but also can't stand how he's a whiny little bitch on the sidelines
  14. Juwan Howard - I assumed Izzo (or an IU coach) would be last as long as he was at MSU but then some "Raised by Chicago" punk entered the fray. Just rubbed me the wrong way when he tried to defend the indefensible.

What say you?

My post earlier gave me a thought. If you were to list the B1G coaches you like/respect/appreciate (however you want to categorize them), how would you list them? Here are mine:

1. Matt Painter - Duh. Obviously homerism but also the dude does things the right way and is an incredible listen when he talks basketball
  2. Micah Shrewsberry - Some more Purdue allegiance but also, damn can this dude coach offense. I was bummed when he took a job in the B1G
  4. Chris Holtmann - I know the results haven't been as good as those few OSU fans who care about basketball want but I was very happy when IU didn't hire this guy and instead hired Archie Miller.
  5. Greg Gard - I hate playing them. I hate their scheme. But they know what they do and they do it well. Plus, he was willing to stand up to someone raised by Chicago.
  6. Ben Johnson - There are three subsets of coaches for me. Coaches I respect. Coaches I don't have much of an opinion one way or another on. And coaches I have issue with. Ben Johnson seems like a nice enough guy
  8. Fred Hoiberg - I not really a fan of leaning heavily into the transfer portal but I can't really blame the guy as Nebrasketball is what it is
  9. Mike Woodson - I'm sure most thought he'd be last because he's at IU but I don't really have anything negative or positive to say about him. I expect frequent naps for the next few years until he hands the reins over to some other IU douche.
  10. Brad Underwood - Seems like a guy I'd like to have a beer with but also seems shady and willing to dabble in impropriety (you don't have Lamont Evans on staff and not know what he was doing IMO)
  11. Chris Collins - A whiny little bitch living off of one lucky NCAA tournament appearance. Plus he's a Coach K disciple so....
  12. Fran McCaffery - Just a jackass on the court and crazy that he doesn't recognize the need to improve the defense
  13. Tom Izzo - No need to rehash but I truly believe this dude put wins above character and culture. Respect the success but also can't stand how he's a whiny little bitch on the sidelines
  14. Juwan Howard - I assumed Izzo (or an IU coach) would be last as long as he was at MSU but then some "Raised by Chicago" punk entered the fray. Just rubbed me the wrong way when he tried to defend the indefensible.

What say you?
seinfeld-goodluck.gif

What say you?

My daughter is a junior at the University of Michigan. I can't participate in this as I'd be forced to place Juwan too high on the list for my own liking.

Last edited:

What say you?
iu

Football…

Good: 2023 will be the best returning Michigan roster we’ve had in my time as a fan.

Bad: Our AD once again appears to playing difficult with Harbaugh instead of just giving him the raise he deserves.

Football…

Good: 2023 will be the best returning Michigan roster we’ve had in my time as a fan.

Bad: Our AD once again appears to playing difficult with Harbaugh instead of just giving him the raise he deserves.
Do you think he heads for the NFL?

Do you think he heads for the NFL?

If he doesn’t get his raise? Yeah probably.

Here is a list based on 2023 Base Salaries

Jim Harbaugh 7.05 Million
Luke Fickell 7.8
Mario Cristobal 8.0
Jimbo Fisher 9.0
Lane Kiffin 9.0
Matt Rhule 9.25
Ryan Day 9.5
Midnight Mel Tucker 9.5
Brian Kelly 9.5
Lincoln Riley 10+
Kirby Smart 11.25
Dabo Swinney 11.5
Nick Saban 11.7

Reactions: 1016CC0503
If he doesn’t get his raise? Yeah probably.

Here is a list based on 2023 Base Salaries

Jim Harbaugh 7.05 Million
Luke Fickell 7.8
Mario Cristobal 8.0
Jimbo Fisher 9.0
Lane Kiffin 9.0
Matt Rhule 9.25
Ryan Day 9.5
Midnight Mel Tucker 9.5
Brian Kelly 9.5
Lincoln Riley 10+
Kirby Smart 11.25
Dabo Swinney 11.5
Nick Saban 11.7
Got to put him ahead of, or at least equal to dudes making $9 mill----HAVE TO. I mean really? How as an AD could you justify Harbaugh making less than Jimbo, Rhule, Kiffin, Tucker(Fukin really?)----I mean really anyone on this list not named Smart, Dabo or Saban----And just less, but some $2-3 million less(in some cases).

My thoughts?

rounders-pay-that-man-his-money.gif

Got to put him ahead of, or at least equal to dudes making $9 mill----HAVE TO. I mean really? How as an AD could you justify Harbaugh making less than Jimbo, Rhule, Kiffin, Tucker(Fukin really?)----I mean really anyone on this list not named Smart, Dabo or Saban----And just less, but some $2-3 million less(in some cases).

My thoughts?

rounders-pay-that-man-his-money.gif

Pay the man!

ADVERTISEMENT