ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

that's good imo.

Would've liked some more of this, and think we should keep it in our back pocket for when Vince needs a breather.

It really doesnt take much watching and evaluating of Nojels game to realize hes a college 4 man offensively imo. But he can play point if you need him to and the 3 as well.

He can guard 1-4 defensively. Im starting to get more excited about his future than HAARMS even because his versatility is going to allow Painter to play the best players possible going forward.

If Purdues best frosh next year are the two bigs then Nojel can play guard. If Eric Hunter and Sasha are ballers then Nojel can play his best position at the 4. That is huge.

Or even this year. When PJ is playing poorly, Eastern can sub in there. When Vince is out, he can sub in there.

Basically what Painter always tried doing with DJ Byrd early in his career iirc.

C. Edwards is declaring right? Don't see a reason why he'd come back, he is what he is.

C. Edwards is declaring right? Don't see a reason why he'd come back, he is what he is.
Yeah he’ll probably declare since there is literally zero reason not to, but he’s most likely to come back. Even though I’m sure fans of other teams really want him to leave lol

Reactions: klize17 and Da_Bull
Yeah he’ll probably declare since there is literally zero reason not to, but he’s most likely to come back. Even though I’m sure fans of other teams really want him to leave lol

There is a 0% chance Carsen Edwards would be drafted in the first round and extremely close to that % that he would be drafted at all this upcoming draft were he to declare. Hope this helps settle any debate about whether he will be back or not.

There is a 0% chance Carsen Edwards would be drafted in the first round and extremely close to that % that he would be drafted at all this upcoming draft were he to declare. Hope this helps settle any debate about whether he will be back or not.
He was awesome, but agreed. Needs another year of playing some more minutes at the point, even if it is only for part of the game.

Also, can’t wait for Vince to come back

Really not sure what the NCAA will do but none of this is shocking. Agents hook up with players and their families

Well, looks like Miles Bridges should be joining Alonzo Trier on the sidelines soon

Really not sure what the NCAA will do but none of this is shocking. Agents hook up with players and their families

MSU and Villanova are probably especially nervous considering the following

"According to the documents, Dawkins has dinners listed with plenty of boldface names in the sport – Tom Izzo, “Villanova coaches,” Fultz and the family of wayward five-star prospect Mitchell Robinson"

Reactions: Jaycg15 and klize17
MSU and Villanova are probably especially nervous considering the following

"According to the documents, Dawkins has dinners listed with plenty of boldface names in the sport – Tom Izzo, “Villanova coaches,” Fultz and the family of wayward five-star prospect Mitchell Robinson"

Just read that...the MSU stuff stinks pretty bad with a current player and Izzo

Probably because it rarely happens.

Swanigan who everyone knew was leaving after 1 or 2 and now Edwards. Indiana fans have literally not said shit about another Purdue player leaving early under Painter. Take it as a compliment. Edwards is a beast

As much as I would like Purdue to win the B1G this year, I really don't want it coming because MSU would somehow have to vacate wins and end Bridges' college career.

I believe the money his mom is purported to have received is below the threshold for ineligibility and they would just need to pay it back. So hopefully that's how it's handled if we even get that far.

As much as I would like Purdue to win the B1G this year, I really don't want it coming because MSU would somehow have to vacate wins and end Bridges' college career.

I believe the money his mom is purported to have received is below the threshold for ineligibility and they would just need to pay it back. So hopefully that's how it's handled if we even get that far.

It's such a small amount of money you have to wonder why it was even worth it...unless it's just the tip of the iceberg and there was a lot more later.

Swanigan who everyone knew was leaving after 1 or 2 and now Edwards. Indiana fans have literally not said shit about another Purdue player leaving early under Painter. Take it as a compliment. Edwards is a beast
Yup. This.

It's such a small amount of money you have to wonder why it was even worth it...unless it's just the tip of the iceberg and there was a lot more later.

That's what I'm wondering. $400 is a run to Costco, as a parent of a sure-fire millionaire you're gonna be swayed by an agent for that?

Reactions: klize17
Was about to post this. It's hard to imagine that if someone needs $400 that is the only money they every accepted. It's certainly possible, but it's weird to think that someone would just take a one time tiny loan.

If Miles Bridges mom is needing to take $400 "loans", Miles Bridges didnt skip millions in the NBA for nothing. You can almost lock it up that he has for sure been compensated somehow to bypass millions in the NBA and stay another year in college.

Would explain Izzo meeting with the agency as well.

Make sure Bridges is paid and we will assure you he signs with you when he enters the draft sort of thing is my guess.

Read something earlier that Ga Tech players got 3-6 games for similar to $400(not sure how true that is.)

We can help you out there. But only if you ask nicely.

Reactions: KisteK
It really doesnt take much watching and evaluating of Nojels game to realize hes a college 4 man offensively imo. But he can play point if you need him to and the 3 as well.

He can guard 1-4 defensively. Im starting to get more excited about his future than HAARMS even because his versatility is going to allow Painter to play the best players possible going forward.

If Purdues best frosh next year are the two bigs then Nojel can play guard. If Eric Hunter and Sasha are ballers then Nojel can play his best position at the 4. That is huge.

Or even this year. When PJ is playing poorly, Eastern can sub in there. When Vince is out, he can sub in there.

Basically what Painter always tried doing with DJ Byrd early in his career iirc.
Yeah it's been nice to see Eastern playing a bit better even though his opportunity has come b/c PJ's play has been horrendous (shoutout though for icing things last night). I think he's going to be really, really difficult for guards to keep out of the lane with time. Really hope this off-season helps him tighten his handle.

If we can find an answer at the 4, I like the Nojel, Carsen, Sasha/Hunter, 4 man, Haarms. Think one of Sasha or Hunter will be able to fill the floor stretch, catch and shoot role well...with Hunter obviously having the potential to be more.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
ADVERTISEMENT