ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Nebraska is so challenged offensively. Sucks for Palmer. Watson was a no-show.

Illinois just needs to run a little hot from 3 to pair with all these turnovers to pull it off. Didnt hit enough shots in the first half to go with the turnovers.

Illinois just needs to run a little hot from 3 to pair with all these turnovers to pull it off. Didnt hit enough shots in the first half to go with the turnovers.
Story of the season

Well this game was fun until JJJ just took it over on both sides of the ball there. At least I can go to bed now.

MSU 14 first half turnovers? What in the actual F?

Winston has 6 himself. I think 2-3 were in the first 2 minutes when he got the ball poked a couple possession in a row. Couple other random unforced turnovers like travels, charges, etc.

MSU has only attempted 9 3s so far

Just crazy how a University as big as Ohio State can't at least get 15k in the doors when they are a top 15 team. I think the ticket prices might be a little high.
when i was in college at Purdue, Purdue and OSU were both top 10 and had a match up for in Columbus in Feb for lead in the conference. The day before the game, I saw OSU ran a buy one get one free deal, so a buddy and I got two tickets for $25 total and drove over to Columbus for an excellent game between Hummel/JJ/Etwaun and Turner/Diebler/Buford in which Purdue won.

I dunno what those tickets would've been at Mackey, but $25 for 2 tickets to a top ten showdown is something I'll never forget. Was fun having the freedom to do shit like that. Unfortunately we got caught in a blizzard on the way home and it took about 8 hours to get back to WL.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
when i was in college at Purdue, Purdue and OSU were both top 10 and had a match up for in Columbus in Feb for lead in the conference. The day before the game, I saw OSU ran a buy one get one free deal, so a buddy and I got two tickets for $25 total and drove over to Columbus for an excellent game between Hummel/JJ/Etwaun and Turner/Diebler/Buford in which Purdue won.

I dunno what those tickets would've been at Mackey, but $25 for 2 tickets to a top ten showdown is something I'll never forget. Was fun having the freedom to do shit like that. Unfortunately we got caught in a blizzard on the way home and it took about 8 hours to get back to WL.

Sounds like you got a steal. Those days are long gone. I think OSU priced themselves out of competition in Columbus. Lower bowl is $50+ not that it's crazy expensive but it's not cheap to go consistently. If they just lowered their prices by like 15-20% I think you'd see it start to fill up. Another issue is the stadium is too big for college basketball.

I guess we’re not calling fouls on Illinois anymore. “Good defense” means body contact and clutching.

What a joke.

Good story. Hard to get that deal these days. lol

when Morgan gets it down low, we're going to help and force you guys to beat us from outside. The face up or the top of the key touches for Morgan are when we'll have a tougher decision.
Which is what I was keying on. Maybe you guys switch on him when he gets the ball at the top? IDk. I do know, or at least feel, that Haas nor Haarms can guard him off the dtibble.

And I agree. Totally expect you guys to double him when he gets it in the post. But I look for Archie to use Morgan a lot off the dribble.

Bottom line--------We are going to have to hit three's. Have to.
Haarms can guard him off the dribble, Haas will just sag off. I personally feel like Purdue won't double on Morgan in the post. I think they'll take their chances of Morgan having to go around/over Haas/Haarms and stay tight to the perimeter guys. I know IU has struggled to shoot from 3 this season but I think that's the only way they can win this game (unless everyone on Purdue is just cold that night). I'd make Morgan earn his against Haas/Haarms and make it tough on everyone else. I've seen Assembly Hall get riled up after made perimeter shots far too often to just leave guys open for doubling a 6'7/6'8 guy in the post.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Sounds like you got a steal. Those days are long gone. I think OSU priced themselves out of competition in Columbus. Lower bowl is $50+ not that it's crazy expensive but it's not cheap to go consistently. If they just lowered their prices by like 15-20% I think you'd see it start to fill up. Another issue is the stadium is too big for college basketball.
Good story. Hard to get that deal these days. lol
they just raise prices and not care that people won't show?

ADVERTISEMENT