ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Cowan is definitely used to getting a lot of those calls and I think got frustrated, but I thought IU did a pretty good job and playing the ball on those drives.

Morgan was the difference maker though. Great game by him.
He(Cowan) got fouled a couple of times, with no call. It frustrasted him, and you could see it. IU was physical with him. And certainly got away with a couple of fouls. But for the most part, I felt they defended him, especially Green, very well.

That wasn't a slight against IU. But Maryland had some really bad turnovers down the stretch - including an inbounder touching the ball after passing it in - and allowed Morgan to beat them to a missed free throw when they had a chance to have the ball only down one.
I didn't take it that way. Not from you, anyhow. Yes MD made some bone head plays. But, well, do did we: See the Newkirk pass to, well, Cowan. Fortunate to have gotten back and block his shot. Then the missed free throws. Bad decision making by JOhnson: One on the drive we he committed a charge. Second play trying to call a god damn timeout, instead of fighting for the ball; Which was bouncing by his feet.

Tough, grity win. I'll take it.

They need to put Al Durhams length on Cowan and quit letting Newkirk guard him since he cant.
Durham is NOT ready to play in the B1G. I grimace when he comes in the game. Some fans got enamored with Durham when he played well against low level teams, but from L'ville game on he has sucked. Maybe next year...

I wonder what the defensive matchups will be on Sunday? Will Morgan be on Haas? Not sure who Mathias will guard as it seems like a waste to have him on McBob (no offense to McBob of course).

Durham is NOT ready to play in the B1G. I grimace when he comes in the game. Some fans got enamored with Durham when he played well against low level teams, but from L'ville game on he has sucked. Maybe next year...
He's going to be really good. Just not now. I agree. SImply not ready for this level, yet.

I wonder what the defensive matchups will be on Sunday? Will Morgan be on Haas? Not sure who Mathias will guard as it seems like a waste to have him on McBob (no offense to McBob of course).
McBob has to look to shoot. He did so a little tonight. He's not a bad shooter. I'd say whoever guards him, will be in help mode.

To start I think you'll see Morgan on Haas. Which will be tough. But so will Haas having to guard Morgan. I'm not sure he can handle Morgan off thre bounce.

Looking forward to it.

Well.....Kind of.

That wasn't a slight against IU. But Maryland had some really bad turnovers down the stretch - including an inbounder touching the ball after passing it in - and allowed Morgan to beat them to a missed free throw when they had a chance to have the ball only down one.
I really don't think Turgeon despite the talent is a good coach.

it is incredible how bad MSU's reserve guards are. Eron Harris was never a guy that stood out to me, but just having a guy like him would be HUGE for this team.

Good question. And while I agree with you, I think he'll start out against McRoberts much like he started out against Baer on Saturday. Although, at the same time, I could see Painter sticking him on RoJo and just having Carsen hound McRoberts any time he puts the ball on the floor.

I think I would put Mathias on McBob so he can help on Morgan. Have Carsen pressure RoJo, and let PJ take point.

McBob has to look to shoot. He did so a little tonight. He's not a bad shooter. I'd say whoever guards him, will be in help mode.

To start I think you'll see Morgan on Haas. Which will be tough. But so will Haas having to guard Morgan. I'm not sure he can handle Morgan off thre bounce.

Looking forward to it.

Well.....Kind of.

Oh Haas definitely can’t guard Morgan off the bounce. My guess is that Haas would sag off of him and make him beat us from 3. When Haarms is in, I think he’d be much better against Morgan on defense as he does a great job of not getting beaten off the dribble.

Looking forward to it.

Well.....Kind of.
when Morgan gets it down low, we're going to help and force you guys to beat us from outside. The face up or the top of the key touches for Morgan are when we'll have a tougher decision.

Illinois might force 20 turnovers tonight. Genuinely believe MSU is in real dangof losing
giphy.gif

Reactions: Jaycg15
Good time for this Palmer guy to put up a career high. This game is over. Let’s see how osu responds to their first loss in a while

Reactions: Frost4NU
Why not give some credit to IU and Morgan. You're being purdooish.

I think this was probably a good outcome for Purdue. A bad loss or IU getting blown out would’ve been bad news for Sunday. As long as we limit Morgan I think we win. So stupid we don’t get them at Mackey this year.

IU still has another game in between. Purdue will be game 4 in 9 days

Underwoods defense is like if you bred Huggie Bears defense with Gene Keadys. Intense.

Miller having this team at 5-3 is , well, amazing. Undersized. Cannot shoot a lick. Starting a walk-on due to an injury(De'Ron Davis). Tallest starter is Morgan(Maybe 6'8"?). Average senir PG and a very erratic freshman back-up. Bi-polar senior SG in Johnson. Bench guys are basically all freshman. Morgan's back-up, McSwain, cannot catch or shoot.

But yet here IU sits at 5-3.

Man I cannot wait until this dude gets his guys.

Foul, shot clock violation, and a charge. How do you miss three calls in 5 seconds?

Yeah Archie has turned it around after that nightmare non con and been good for Indiana. There is no denying that at this point.

Why not give some credit to IU and Morgan. You're being purdooish.
I made a single off-hand comment about Maryland and their abysmal turnover rate folding down the stretch. Morgan played really well in the second half.

If you've read any of my posts you'd know I'm not prone to trolling - unless I'm wanting to bust mgkcbb's balls about some of his old hot takes.

when Morgan gets it down low, we're going to help and force you guys to beat us from outside. The face up or the top of the key touches for Morgan are when we'll have a tougher decision.
Which is what I was keying on. Maybe you guys switch on him when he gets the ball at the top? IDk. I do know, or at least feel, that Haas nor Haarms can guard him off the dtibble.

And I agree. Totally expect you guys to double him when he gets it in the post. But I look for Archie to use Morgan a lot off the dribble.

Bottom line--------We are going to have to hit three's. Have to.

Reactions: Toast.
I made a single off-hand comment about Maryland and their abysmal turnover rate folding down the stretch. Morgan played really well in the second half.

If you've read any of my posts you'd know I'm not prone to trolling - unless I'm wanting to bust mgkcbb's balls about some of his old hot takes.
Agree. I didn't take what you said as trolling. Just an honest, basketball observation.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT