ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

0-9 come Wednesday, but they are a solid team
Im not so sure. They are eventually gonna win. We've had better teams lose there. It's a huge game for us. So hopefully we come ready to go. I'll feel a ton better heading into Sunday's game at 6-3, opposed to 5-4.

Pretty good game tonight between Nebraska and Ohio State. Considering scalping some tickets for this tonight.

Nebraska coming off a 20 point win against Michigan. Ohio State still rolling through the B1G but I think this will be a pretty tough test. If Nebraska plays a great game and OSU comes out a little lethargic I could see us dropping this one. If we both play our best game, it's hard for me to see OSU losing.

Our offense really runs through our defense. We go on these big runs in games when we play shut down D and get turnovers. We are a very momentum driven team. I wish we could have been playing like this earlier in the year, but I'm glad Holtmann figured out a good rotation. Dakich has been a huge contributor. Michigan was dumb for never playing him. He plays really good D, great passer, good ball handler and can shoot. I like this team, I hope we keep it going. I REALLY want to play Purdue with perfect B1G records on the line.

Nice to see Dakich contributing.

With that said, even looking at this year's version at Dakich, I never think 'damn Michigan could have used that in 201X'.

Nope. Not once. Wouldn't want him stealing minutes even when Spike Albrecht was dragging his broken body on the floor for 37 minutes a game back in 2015.

Dakich has high efficiency numbers and low usage. Everyone is a great shooter when the only time they shoot is when they are wide open.

His old man is a legend in the broadcast booth tho.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
It was closer than I thought it would be. You guys just had too much talent in the front court.

Good game. You guys have to beat Purdue for the sake of the board.

200w.gif

Whatcha wanna bet? We wouldn't be 0-8 If we played the schedule IU has.

Huh? Have you looked at the two schedules. Your B1G schedule hasn’t exactly been a murders row. IU has played all of the same opponents minus Nebraska. IU played home against Maryland and Iowa. @Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin. You got NW not at their “home” arena and home against Michigan State. So out of the common games IU is 3-2.

I said Illinois was a solid team. Just some bad breaks.

I don’t trust this Indiana team on the road, so very well could be your first win on Wednesday.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Huh?

Let' see:

You guys played @ Minny-----------lost.
We played at Minny--------------------WON

You guys played Iowa at home--------Lost
We played Iowa at home------------WON

You played at UM---------Lost
We played at UM---Lost

You playe at Wisky-------Lost
We played at Wisky-------Lost

You played Maryland at home------Lost
We played Marylnad at home-------WON

So in five games that are exactly the same, We are 3-2, you guys are 0-5.

But you wouldn't be 0-8 with IU's schedule?

Yeah, Ok.

This is pretty lame.Did you even LOOK at the comparative schedules of IU and Ill before posting this? What exactly do you think your record WOULD be?

Common opponents in same scenario home vs Mary,home vs Iowa,@ Minn,@ Wisc, @ Mi IU is 3-2,UI is... -5. UI lost at Neb and NW and to MSU @ home.IU lost at MSU,but beat NW and PSU @ home.You might have beaten NW @ home,but no guarantee since you didn't beat Iowa (or anybody,ftm...)So we'll give you that and say yeah,you're right you wouldn't be 0-8,you'd be 1-7.Congrats!! SmokinSmile

Just yanking your chain.You are going to win a game,and it could easily be Wed night.Don't think you'll win in AH,but not sure how we'll play in C/U...

Edit- Wow.Just replied to your initial post without reading rest of thread.So I didn't realize Klize and Borden had already jumped on this.Wasn't intending to pile on...

Let' see:

You guys played @ Minny-----------lost.
We played at Minny--------------------WON

You guys played Iowa at home--------Lost
We played Iowa at home------------WON

You played at UM---------Lost
We played at UM---Lost

You playe at Wisky-------Lost
We played at Wisky-------Lost

You played Maryland at home------Lost
We played Marylnad at home-------WON

So in five games that are exactly the same, We are 3-2, you guys are 0-5.

But you wouldn't be 0-8 with IU's schedule?

Yeah, Ok.
You guys played the same opponents with us.... except a few we played the healthy version, and you played their handicapped brother.

We would be at least 2-3 in the games listed above.

Not to mention getting NW at home.

Last edited:
Sounds like you got a steal. Those days are long gone. I think OSU priced themselves out of competition in Columbus. Lower bowl is $50+ not that it's crazy expensive but it's not cheap to go consistently. If they just lowered their prices by like 15-20% I think you'd see it start to fill up. Another issue is the stadium is too big for college basketball.
They tried to build an NBA type arena for a CBB team which does not work. Should have replicated the feel of St. John arena with 15,000 seats and not as steep in terms of how the building was built. Also, the success of the bluejackets and tOSU being on TV for every gane does not help.

they just raise prices and not care that people won't show?

I'm sure they care but they are trying to compete with the Columbus Blue Jackets where you can get comparable seats for the same price. If Ohio State keeps this up, next year the Schott will start to fill up. The program became so stale towards the end of Thad's run with the Buckeyes that people stopped caring and stopped going to games. The fans that did go to a game never wanted to go back because even if we won, the atmosphere was horrible. You could probably take a nap in there. There's a new energy in the stadium now during games even with it only being barely over half full. But that energy and atmosphere along with the success will bring people back.

From my seats last night. Lower bowl fairly full. Upper is almost empty. Students need to do their part too and fill that section in behind the hoop

27021211_10159997848650360_5299988118623429163_o.jpg

Save some excitement from the Russell team the squad has been pretty stale since 2013's elite eight run.

They will come back imo

Why not try more Tum Tum

Tum actually played 22 minutes to Winston's 20. Tum had 5 assists, but 4 turnovers.

Just a sloppy game all around. Couple of Winston's turnovers were questionable charge calls. Defender hanging on him but when he pushes their arm off z he got called for the offensive

Just looked at MSU's stats

They have the best shooting defense in the country and the second best offense.

Just take care of the ball and this team is dominant.

Reactions: northeastspartan

They've looked like shit the last few weeks. I think OSU broke their confidence!

Hopefully last night, while sloppy, helped them get back to where they were the first half of the season.

Good question. And while I agree with you, I think he'll start out against McRoberts much like he started out against Baer on Saturday. Although, at the same time, I could see Painter sticking him on RoJo and just having Carsen hound McRoberts any time he puts the ball on the floor.
Mathias is such an effective help defender that I like the idea of putting him on McRoberts. Carsen has made huge strides defensively and is a good choice to guard RoJo, IMO.

They've looked like shit the last few weeks. I think OSU broke their confidence!

Hopefully last night, while sloppy, helped them get back to where they were the first half of the season.

Hopefully we'll meet again in the B1G tourney. Right now I see Purdue likely getting the 1 seed and then OSU and MSU as the 2 and 3 seed (could flip either way). So we will likely see you guys in the quarter finals of the B1G tourney.

Izzo teams are always sloppy with the ball. Par for the course although this team is prob worse then usual. If they don't win the B10 or national championship, it will be for this reason. Or if they get upset in March. Turnovers and crap depth at guard.

The more I think about Bridges the more he confuses me. Just a weird player to try to peg down a role for.

Ideally his slashing to the hoop would allow MSU (an amazing shooting team) to spread out and carve teams up...

But he isn't a very good ball handler or passer.

Mathias is such an effective help defender that I like the idea of putting him on McRoberts. Carsen has made huge strides defensively and is a good choice to guard RoJo, IMO.

Yeah but if you put Carsen on Newkirk, that might honestly be worth 5 or 6 steals alone considering how dominant an on ball defender Carsen has become and someof the bone headed turnovers Newkirk is already prone to commit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT