ADVERTISEMENT

Now that we’re far enough removed from conference realignment - How do you feel about it?

Its not been as bad for the SEC, but Missouri and Texas A&M belong in the Big 12. Rutgers in the B1G...what a joke. Maryland belongs in the ACC, period. West Virginia in the Big 12.....terrible. Pac 12 seems to be the only guys that got it right . I do like Syracuse and Pitt in the ACC, but really the Big East was better as it was.

The biggest gripe I have with it is how it has impacted SEC football scheduling. Missouri and A&M joined the SEC in 2012. A&M will not come to Lexington for a football game until 2025. That's b.s.

Reactions: The Reindeer Terp
Ask Syracuse and Pitt and Connecticut and Boston College how they feel about realignment.

I could be mistaken, and correct me if I am, but are you implying conference realignment is the reason for those teams' recent struggles?

That's true for UConn and partially true for Pitt but not Cuse or BC.

Pitt was typically mediocre in the old BE. They were mediocre in the ACC with Dixon. The coaching change to Stallings is what's killing that program now. BC has always been terrible, but they're at least getting paid more to be terrible now. Cuse has had troubles almost solely due to the sanctions.

ADVERTISEMENT