ADVERTISEMENT

Now that we’re far enough removed from conference realignment - How do you feel about it?

WojoRising

Jul 3, 2015
Don’t get me wrong, I still live for college basketball...but it still just doesn’t feel the same. As great as the new one is, I miss the old Big East so much. Syracuse, Georgetown, Villanova, UConn, Pitt...I’ll get crucified by Duke fans for this, but yes, I miss Maryland.

Fvcking hate it.

Loved the old Big East and loved the Big 12. It was much more natural. Now some of the leagues have a professional feel to it. The natural conferences and rivalries is what made college athletics great.

football rules everything, is all we always heard, who cares if they ve won many national championships in basketball, its all about football, well duh if you only count arena capacity, but which sport brought you bigger merchandise sales. ONLY ky, kansas, carolina, and indiana cares about basketball they said.

i enjoy college football alot but im afraid hoops is the sport of americas future.

We left you Virginia and Wake, plus haven’t you heard the B1G fixes games for us.
I gave you a like because I like you.

But, fck Maryland!

tenor.gif

Have some awareness terp. At least we know we’re a shit show currently. You’re trying to convince others from a conference that gave you the boot, that you’re somehow not.

Adding more rollling smiley emojis is really helping your case..2 in what exactly?

Lacrosse, Mens and Womens. And your going to say some shit about who cares about non revenue sports and I get it, but 2 is still better than 0.

Have some awareness terp. At least we know we’re a shit show currently. You’re trying to convince others from a conference that gave you the boot, that you’re somehow not.

3 championships going to be 1 when the FBI is done.

Lacrosse, Mens and Womens. And your going to say some shit about who cares about non revenue sports and I get it, but 2 is still better than 0.

3 championships going to be 1 when the FBI is done.
Wasn’t going to say anything about Lacrosse. Glad you need to boast about it though.

Oh, they’re going to revoke our ‘86 championship too? Put your batteries in bud.

Wasn’t going to say anything about Lacrosse. Glad you need to boast about it though.

Oh, they’re going to revoke our ‘86 championship too? Put your batteries in bud.

My fault, you'll have 2. Congrats I’m happy for you, Rutgers also has 2 in their athletic case as well I think. You guys can have a play date or some shit.

I miss the Big East tournament but the Big 12 regular season round robin is much better. The Big east tournament was actually better and more fun than the NCAA tournament.

Hate it! I miss the home/home that every conference played. Whomever said that money is the root of all evil knew what they were talking about.

What is up with Louisville fans thinking their shit doesn’t stink? You would think you would have win something to have this sort of self entitlement, guess not.

I like the big ten posters here, but I do miss the games vs Duke, UNC and NC State (liked kicking State's butt Winking)

I miss the old Big East. Can't replicate that history and those rivalries.

This is pure BS. The ACC gave no one the boot. Maryland left for $30 mill more per year in athletics, and $100 mill more per year in Academic grant money, per membership in CIC-AAU - look it up.

Nothin against the Ville at all.....but the Terps are hardly a shit show. Get your facts straight.

We are not OSU or F$U or Dook.....but we sure as hell don't have the Ville's current baggage.

I miss the ACC for sure. I like the BIG - it has been pretty damn interesting........but playing Duke, UNC, UVA and Wake/NC State all the time was fun.

This is pure BS. The ACC gave no one the boot. Maryland left for $30 mill more per year in athletics, and $100 mill more per year in Academic grant money, per membership in CIC-AAU - look it up.

Nothin against the Ville at all.....but the Terps are hardly a shit show. Get your facts straight.

We are not OSU or F$U or Dook.....but we sure as hell don't have the Ville's current baggage.

I miss the ACC for sure. I like the BIG - it has been pretty damn interesting........but playing Duke, UNC, UVA and Wake/NC State all the time was fun.
Was merely responding to your bretheren. I’ve got nothing against Maryland whatsoever, but when someone throws shade I’m going to respond. Plus your boy was clearly trolling, and has no idea what the history of our program entails. We sure have a lot of bs on our plate that we’re dealing with, but to shun our accomplishments in sports across the board is pretty asinine, wouldn’t you say?

Reactions: The Reindeer Terp
Was merely responding to your bretheren. I’ve got nothing against Maryland whatsoever, but when someone throws shade I’m going to respond. Plus your boy was clearly trolling, and has no idea what the history of our program entails. We sure have a lot of bs on our plate that we’re dealing with, but to shun our accomplishments in sports across the board is pretty asinine, wouldn’t you say?

The initial statement was a joke. Obviously I mentioned the battery incident with Duke, thought that would have been a big hint that it wasn’t serious. Like Maryland hasn’t had their own issues. Of course Louisville has history and I don’t actually think the banner is coming down, not unless you change your name to SMU real fast.

Reactions: tw3301
The initial statement was a joke. Obviously I mentioned the battery incident with Duke, thought that would have been a big hint that it wasn’t serious. Like Maryland hasn’t had their own issues. Of course Louisville has history and I don’t actually think the banner is coming down, not unless you change your name to SMU real fast.
Fair enough. Although the banner is most likely coming down. Some of our fans are in denial about it, but I’m fairly certain it will happen.

Hate the realignment and miss the old Big East and ACC, but very pleasently surprised that the "new" Big East has remained a top 3 conference despite the changes.

ADVERTISEMENT